Respect to Kid Poker

anakonda1318

anakonda1318

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I also think that Daniel Negryanu acted nobly. And how it really is, we probably will not know!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is a vegan. If you want to beat him you'll have to grind up some beef jerky and sprinkle it onto whatever tofu concoction he happens to be eating.

If you don't know hat I am talking about, watch the movie "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World." :D

C

Cantilever99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I see it: if you're a professional poker player, then more than likely you are in it for the money. :) You can't fault DN for that. Every other pro poker player is out there to make as much as he/she can. Is he a shameless self-promoter? probably. Poker is a mind game though. Gotta psych yourself up somehow.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a great player.
The tip was 0.6% but that's fine.

What I have an issue with is all you guys that are falling over yourselves with a man-crush on this guy.
He is a giant narcissist and a complete idiot when it comes to politics which he shouldn't be involved in to begin with.

C

Cantilever99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree completely. If you're looking to him for anything other than poker advice, then I'd say it's time to rethink things a bit.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall I think Daniel is one of the classes people in poker, everything I have seen him do has always been a class act.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,

i have just heard that Daniel Negreanu tipped $20,000 to the dealers out of his $3 million win, i think its a very decent thing he did..its not about his win, its about the man and i salute him for that.

Well done Daniel..a class act as ever

Just-handsome Daniel! My respect and respect to him)))

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does it at the table and away from it, bodes well for the Poker world.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And this is the main reason I like him .. he has always had an acute need to give back to many aspects of the community .. and I believe that his attitude and generosity have brought many of the good things he has to his table .... comes around goes around ...

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great fan of daniel negreanu's game and his character.....keep up the good work kid poker

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi All,

i have just heard that Daniel Negreanu tipped $20,000 to the dealers out of his $3 million win, i think its a very decent thing he did..its not about his win, its about the man and i salute him for that.

Well done Daniel..a class act as ever
A true canadian, well done Daniel

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many great player is filled, again he showed that it is not only a great poker player, and he was a great man. I enjoy when I watch it :)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly I do not think that's cool, give part of the prize to the Dealer because the Dealer are the ones who give the cards of the game, if you give part of their awards to them gets a strange relationship is as if at the end of a football match a player to the Judge of the game.
It would be much better if he had taken part of his prize and given some charity, or even sent pokerstars to distribute in freerolls.
It starts off as part of the prize to the dealer and then there will be a new suspicion of fraud and then create an embarrassing situation in poker.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always tip the dealer on any pot I win , even more on wins in tournaments and big pots. I am just that kind of lady.:cool:

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Honestly I do not think that's cool, give part of the prize to the Dealer because the Dealer are the ones who give the cards of the game, if you give part of their awards to them gets a strange relationship is as if at the end of a football match a player to the Judge of the game.
It would be much better if he had taken part of his prize and given some charity, or even sent pokerstars to distribute in freerolls.
It starts off as part of the prize to the dealer and then there will be a new suspicion of fraud and then create an embarrassing situation in poker.
I don't know the structure of this particular tourney. Because it was small field, high roller, they MAY not have reserved the usual (3% or so) for "Dealer Gratuity". If the "tip" was already withheld, then this is a decent tip from Negreanu, if not, it was a really crappy tip.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i originally started this thread off and it kinda saddens me when people feel that the size of the tip should be consistent with the win, i have known Daniel to tip often when he loses but he never discloses this..i think a balanced opinion is needed but i thank every cardschat follower who has commented on this post..

It has created a really good debate!

Regards

pirateglenn

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Couldn't find if gratuity was taken from the pool, but Negreanu seems to generally agree with me:
000a tip

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He's a great player.
The tip was 0.6% but that's fine.

What I have an issue with is all you guys that are falling over yourselves with a man-crush on this guy.
He is a giant narcissist and a complete idiot

agree with you 100% on this ^