Phil Helmuth wins 14th bracelet!

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Common, now he will be even more irritating at the tables.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Claiming 14 bracelets is a great achievement by anyones standards.
Well done to the man.

Slavuy

Slavuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He dedicated it to a friend he lost recently. One type of personality on tables (one that poker game requires) and completely other in private life. Nice Phil!!

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He dedicated it to a friend he lost recently. One type of personality on tables (one that poker game requires) and completely other in private life. Nice Phil!!

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch too. He's giving the bracelet to his friends widow.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O my god! How many braslet he already have!? In any case to much! )))
But we need to say that Helmut is one of the best poker players of all times.
Good luck in the future, Phill!

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny to read people who are writing things like Phil is a terrible poker player...a terrible player that has won 14 wsop bracelets,lol.

Z

zcorrell0326

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you notice, one person said he was a bad player and about thirty said he was good. I mean if the thirty people were jumping off a cliff I would maybe think twice, but in this case they are right as rain. Plus he's fun to watch!

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What game was that? 7 Card stud? I know, I'm a maroon.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MUCH RESPECT!
...and guys ... learn from this guy HOW TO FOLD hands... !

E

Esanu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very good player, but my favorite remains fun throughout Daniel Negrean.

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly do not think he's a good player, has several tilts the tables that watched play, chinga, speaks ill of his table mates. I find it very unpleasant to play with people like that. But even he is such a incontante his game right. Congratulations to him. But it is not of my prefiridos.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much more than winning a WSOP , my dream is to stay in the bubble of a main event and playing this hand against Phill :
Phill : The The
Hero: 72 off
Flop: The rainbow 3 4 ( Phill all in, and I instacall )
Turn: 5
River: 6

Boom ! Tilt 4ever ! I would point the finger at the Phill and say, FISH !

Only to see a day of fury really haha:p

Other than that , I love this guy, he is awesome ! One of my favorite players !

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of what you want about the man but he played great at that final table focused the whole time!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is awesome, I have always liked Phil and his antics crack me up.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's unstoppable! Gonna be very hard for anyone to achieve something similar in the future. Guy's a legend, congrats Phil!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He's a good player and he brings in viewers. Great for the game...

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great tournament player, the best WSOP performer of all time, and a character who brings excitement and interest back to the game which it desperately needs right now, at least in the US market.

OTOH, those saying he performed great at the FT probably don't know much about razz. He played fine, but made some bad mistakes which the deck, as is known to do in razz, bailed him out.

Not that it matters that much, bc virtually everyone who wins a bracelet gets lucky at some point.

The guy who took 2nd, Gorodinsky, is one of the best mixed games players in the world and played amazingly well. Barring him playing a lot less at the WSOP , I cannot imagine Goro not winning 3+ more bracelets in the coming yrs.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like him cause I think he's kind arrogant, but I can't denied he's very good in what he does.

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like him cause I think he's kind arrogant, but I can't denied he's very good in what he does.

Yeah i dont like him either, his attitude is annoying ! :mad:

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well it was said his attitude has changed quite a bit lately. However I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny this since lately there hasn't been much TV poker for me to watch.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth is the Beast. At least in tournament poker.

Those who think that he's a fish are usually cash players, who couldn't have a chance to win any tournament with mid-sized field of good tournament players.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats to Phil. I was thrilled to see the headline the other day. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a big fan of Phil Hellmuth when he shuts up and plays poker. The Poker Brat, not so much.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth is the Beast. At least in tournament poker.

Those who think that he's a fish are usually cash players, who couldn't have a chance to win any tournament with mid-sized field of good tournament players.

Why would someone who is good at cash want to play in such a tournament?

I can tell you as a past 3/5 reg live, we'd watch the MTT players come in to sign up and literally salivate. The live MTT player is the weakest poker player on earth right now and it isn't debatable.

The problem with MTTs is the insane vig until you get pretty high and the variance is such that most players have no business playing 1k's or above on their own dime.