Great Video and top reading from Phil

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the recording of the broadcast on the Poker Go YouTube channel. Phil Hellmuth did a great job. He made some risky bluffs on the preflop. For example, a 3-bet with a T3 hand. The opponents will be surprised to see this.
Straight Flush was amazing in the final hand against Jeremy Ausmus.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As someone who sometimes suffers from an inflated self-opinion, I wonder if Phil wasn't so worried about being the smartest person in the room all the time, he might be even better than he is at poker. Maybe not though. Maybe it's that need to be the smartest guy in the room that's driven him to be as good as he is. Definitely an interesting character.

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I'm not a fan of Phil Hellmuth, but he wrote well in the FT and took this one down. He had some bluffs he could get away with and had some solid readings. He knocked out the entire table, except for one person. The winning hand was a straight flush. Congratulations to one of the greetings.

Player Alan Le had won the PLO event the day before, Daniel Negreanu was at that table.

[URL aberto
He's a great and historic player in the poker community. I see some videos of him playing and he certainly deserved that victory more.

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can he be so bad at live high stakes cash, yet consistently win these big tournaments? He’s like the tourney goat and YouTube cash game worst player ever.

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe when he goes live, the mental changes and his game changes too

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How can he be so bad at live high stakes cash, yet consistently win these big tournaments? He’s like the tourney goat and YouTube cash game worst player ever.
Answer that question and you'll understand why cash games and tourney's are so different, even as the rules of the game are identical. Hint: In theory there is no limit to how often someone can buy into a cash game. Bust out of a tourney and you're out. Period. Hellmuth is exceptionally good at understanding leverage and people's risk tolerances. That's his biggest skill.

Last edited:
BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Congrats Phil, like I said in other threads, he's definitely one of the best live tournament players that ever played the game and he shouldn't join too many other formats(especially deep stack CG), where he's uncomfortable and sometimes he looks lost and after rage quits and/or 'blows up'... I was a huge fan and I still like a lot of things he does on an off the poker tables, so it's great to see him winning big titles like this 10K USPO- well done (y)

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Phil another win i know he can be a pain but is still a great poker player.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm not a Phil Hellmuth fan, but he ran hot in the FT and took this one down. He had a few bluffs that he got away with, and had some solid reads. He knocked out the entire table except one person. The winning hand happened to be a straight flush. Congrats to one of the greatest.

The player Alan Le had won the PLO event the day before, Daniel Negreanu was at that table.

Thanks man...take away the luck and they're not laughing at him now.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phil gets a lot of hate for his cash game skill from people who have watched him play in 2-3 games lol. To think he's a bad player in cash is a mistake.