sometimes poker is against me

bad luck long losing streak

M

marcoslopezbl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as we have seen a resurgence of activity with online poker over the past couple of months, some poker players like Patrick Leonard, believe we should brace ourselves for the crash.

Do you think there is a need to worry about a crash with online poker? and when would you speculate it could happen?

Patrick Leonard Predicts Online Poker Crash Amid Recent Surge of Activity

Hi Shells! I read the article you linked but I must say I don't agree with the idea presented in it.

I believe online poker represents not a fad, but a way to facilitate a hobbie that most of us would be doing live if given the chance. Online cardrooms, not unlike online stores or media sites, have given us alternatives to indulge in our favorite activities from the comfort of our homes. Do we believe online shopping is headed for a crash? Should we brace ourselves for the downfall of platforms like Alibaba or Amazon? I don't believe so.

As long as the international passion for poker remains alive, online poker is unlikely to crash.

E

elevator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker cant crash
only single rooms can beacuse of bad management decisions

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Activity will fall only at the expense of those who previously played live and will return back to the real poker sector. However, during the pandemic there was an influx of completely new players, the first experience of which began in online poker. Remains less than now, but more than before the pandemic:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever you call it, online poker activity has more or less returned to its pre COVID-19 level. On 888 Poker guarantied price pools for their tournaments have more or less been rolled back to, where they came from, and they have taken some losses in the process. Their 100.000$ "Wonderworld" event for instance had an overlay of almost 30%. This has mostly taken place during the month of june.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it will crash but it will contract eventually and then have its ebbs and flows. I believe there are many people who like myself who prefer playing online much more than playing live and also can play much more with online at price points that we can be more than comfortable with. Live poker can't go much lower than 1-2 and if it did the rake would never allow you to profit anyway which is another reason why online poker will always be around (barring the government over stepping their bounds and finding a way to shut it down).

I will also say though that there is always a possibility of another poker boom in general and another online poker boom. I doubt there will ever be another Moneymaker type player expansion but there could be a rather large one if a Negreanu type fame player wins the main event or even better if a woman were to win the main event. Those types of things would attract so many new players to the game that it would be a boom for online.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think so, at least to some degree. It's hard to say exactly when, as I think it will be tied to when Covid becomes less of an issue.

A

aditzaH8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way it will crash!Even the pros can see how important online poker is!