Mikey gets a penalty for the violation of a rule which doesn't exist

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of this guy, but if he's being penalized for a rule that doesn't really exist, that's not right either.

Crash0veride

Crash0veride

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To bad there's not a video just what is overly celebrating anyways lol they don't even let football players do a touchdown dance anymore and now poker come on whats this world coming to????

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is UNBELIEVEABLE how does Lamb still have a Job, they are not there to affect the outcome of the game, who says that he was not asked to watch Mike for any possible infraction and slam him, it is nowhere NEAR impossible.
It is ridiculous that there isn't some kind of control for those decisions that can change the outcome of a tournasment. I think Mike was right if that was Phil Ivey, or Dan Negrano, there is no way he would have dared to try and give them that penalty. Also since there IS no rule against what he did, the tournament organizers should be on the hook to pay Mike the full winnings he COULD have won if Lamb had not CHEATED by enforcing a rule that did not exist. I do not know Mike Matisow personally but I know he suffers from emotional issues he has been honest about it in many interviews. If Helmuth took a bad beat because of a donk call would Lamb have penalized him??? Hell no.
Mike Matisow has been royally screwed Lamb should be barred from working any poker event anywhere and Mike "The Mouth" Matisow should be compensated.

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is UNBELIEVEABLE how does Lamb still have a Job, they are not there to affect the outcome of the game, who says that he was not asked to watch Mike for any possible infraction and slam him, it is nowhere NEAR impossible.
It is ridiculous that there isn't some kind of control for those decisions that can change the outcome of a tournasment. I think Mike was right if that was Phil Ivey, or Dan Negrano, there is no way he would have dared to try and give them that penalty. Also since there IS no rule against what he did, the tournament organizers should be on the hook to pay Mike the full winnings he COULD have won if Lamb had not CHEATED by enforcing a rule that did not exist. I do not know Mike Matisow personally but I know he suffers from emotional issues he has been honest about it in many interviews. If Helmuth took a bad beat because of a donk call would Lamb have penalized him??? Hell no.
Mike Matisow has been royally screwed Lamb should be barred from working any poker event anywhere and Mike "The Mouth" Matisow should be compensated.
Super long-winded, meaningless, and obviously ignorant rant despite all of the information being presented within this very thread. Please read the whole story.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Again, that's not what he was penalised for.

If you don't want to read the whole thread, here's one link with everything you need to know, from someone who was actually AT the table:

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-blogs/89-allyn-shulman/entries/561819-wsop-the-matusow-penalty

Very lucky he didn't get worse IMO, and very definitely a penalty he deserved. Having "emotional issues" shouldn't give you a licence to break the rules and be a massive jerk.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after receiving the penalty was unable to regain confidence in him at the moment.if there is no rule in this regard, the decision was unfair

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The decision was fair, imo after reading Allyn Shulman's account..

R

Raven5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It truly is a joke. Sooo insane to me how that works.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whether it was fair or not is up to the floor man to call and he made the call. what cracks me up was if mike didnt like how he ended up oh well he put himself there and nobody else is to blame except himself. you would think after all these years really mike you dont know how to get over it. with that said, was this a scripted event for hype and promotion put on by the wsop lol.<<<just a thought i hope it wasnt

Poker Rules - Poker Games