Did Mike Matusow get slow-rolled again?

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly the fuse on this bomb was extremely short this day. He has such great intentions and heart for the game but needs to control his anger. What fun would it be if you always won every hand. You win some, you lose some. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, be afraid of not learning from them.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember when Shaun Deeb slow rolled Matusow on poker after dark. He did it jokingly and telegraphed it to a couple of other players at the table. I actually think Shaun wanted The Mouth to look at him so that he could kind of let him in on it before he actually turned his cards over, but Mike never looked at him until he turned his cards over.
Thank you for the video. Shaun Deeb was just laughing at Mike.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why not slow roll, it is a part of a psychologic game, why not to pissed the opponent and in next hands he will make maybe some mistakes, if you can't control, your emotions you are suppose to work on your self as well as all of us.
i'll do it... i mean if that means you have nuts and act in a last moment, let him burn, i don't like to have a bad beats and who cares, no appologies...

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why not slow roll, it is a part of a psychologic game, why not to pissed the opponent and in next hands he will make maybe some mistakes, if you can't control, your emotions you are suppose to work on your self as well as all of us.
i'll do it... i mean if that means you have nuts and act in a last moment, let him burn, i don't like to have a bad beats and who cares, no appologies...

Because it is pretty much universally considered to be bad poker etiquette. It is not against the rules, but it is considered to be extremely rude. That's why when you do it in a live game, you're typically going to hear about it from the whole table. As I said above, it's like adding insult to injury, or kicking someone when they are down, laughing at their pain, or however you want to put it. It's simply not necessary. Show a little class. Just take the chips.

Last edited:
IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Mike has always been this glass half empty/the world is out to get me type of person..

Which came first the slow roll or the Mike Meltdown!?

I think the Mike meltdown was coming anyway. The perceived slow roll just provided more fuel for the fire. But I don't think that Mike did get slow rolled in the hand that was the original subject of this thread. A single pair of aces is a long way from being the immortal nutz and I think that it was perfectly reasonable to take some time and think about it before calling for all your chips a couple hands into a 1K buy-in tourney.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With this kind of behavior he is going to see other players slow rolling him again in the future , just to make him angry , he shoudn't show himself so upset , others will take advantage of it .

This woman said she wasn't slowrolling , but next time she might do so , because of his insults , lol :)

I don't like slowrolling , but sometimes it might happen online , when you are multitabling , or do sth else at the same time , or get away from the pc for 15-20 secs and get back , no offence . But if I see sth like this many times from a player , he is tagged and will be dealt the same way in the future , or I will try to deliver him a bad beat to remember , why not , if he's actually such an a******le ?? (or just personal against me ;) ....)

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She time to think about it not sure it's a slow roll he could of hit pocket 9s or 10s or even had 9 10s he's 3 bet not sure he would of jammed those but it's possible

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In general I can agree with you.

In the case of the wsop - you're not tilting a player that will still be at the table. So why would you do it? Because you can?

In the case of the old Poker video with Deeb - it's about professional courtesy.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mike's rant was taken out on a woman, who has thick skin. :)

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered if his remarks were intended for a man or a woman. It's pretty disgusting what he said during and after. Mike is losing it or has already lost it, in my opinion.

Which leads me to wonder (without looking it up) has he ever been reprimanded for his 'rants' in the past?

This one, from the 2005 WSOP Main Event, the year Joe Hachem won, was one instance where he was given a penalty. For sure he's been given other penalties I would imagine - those who are regulars to the WSOP can verify that.

Yeah, I was trying hard not to lose the respect I had for Mike Matusow. I didn't realize that he was a die hard Trump supporter. He does seem to share Donald Trump's ability to tie unrelated issues together and make them all about himself and how he's the victim of some kind of conspiracy. Now I have completely lost all respect for him as a person.

Without diving too much into the politics here, Matusow is, like you said, a die-hard Trump supporter, and has absolutely no time or tolerance for (what many would call) "the radical left".

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because it is pretty much universally considered to be bad poker etiquette. It is not against the rules, but it is considered to be extremely rude. That's why when you do it in a live game, you're typically going to hear about it from the whole table. As I said above, it's like adding insult to injury, or kicking someone when they are down, laughing at their pain, or however you want to put it. It's simply not necessary. Show a little class. Just take the chips.

I really agree with your explanation, it is nicely said and i think that i will not do it, only sometimes when i was playing against the chip leader agressor who is putting me always on the hard decisions each and every pot must be his i'll be glad to have my venegance in this kind of a way...sorry.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This one, from the 2005 WSOP Main Event, the year Joe Hachem won, was one instance where he was given a penalty. For sure he's been given other penalties I would imagine - those who are regulars to the WSOP can verify that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js1Sujqk_WI
This is a tough one for me. It's easy to say that Sheikhan was wrong, and I agreed with Matusow in principle, but Mike could have reacted differently or conveyed his feeling differently. But I remember going WTF when Sheikhan slammed his chips on the table. I remember standing up and cursing at him through the TV that they were in the middle of a hand and that he needed to STFU when he asked Matusow what he had said. Perhaps Mike could have been more diplomatic. But in that moment you need his antics to stop, not continue to affect the outcome of the hand while you sit there trying to think of the most diplomatic way to express yourself, so you say STFU.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without knowing his opponent's intent, Matusow cannot know for sure that he was slow rolled. I would tend to give his opponent the benefit of the doubt. I will say this, however. If it is that easy to put Matusow on tilt, he just provided future opponents a huge strategy to use against him.