Mass Sitout Scheduled For Nov. 5th @ Pstars!!

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not convinced Spin N Rakes PULL NEW PLAYERS INTO POKERSTARS. In fact there cash game traffic is down right now. While admittedly that is short run data, I just don't see why someone looking for a lottery like experience would see pokerstars as a good option.

Pokerstars is known for poker....not lotteries. If you want a crack-like gambling experience there are many sites which you would opt for before Pokerstars.

Now that doesn't mean I am against any Spin and Choke play/games or think they aren't useful in retaining some players. I think a responsible number of them with a reasonable vig, might be a decent shot in the arm for the lagging online poker community. I just don't see it as a driver for new signups, no.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the reason they did it is simple lol, I mean speaking from a business stand point it's genius and is text book economics. "Corner the market then raise the prices"

The reason it bothers me is they are a monopoly and they need competition to FORCE them to have the best deals, Even though they have the best deals it just seems worse because "Omg they are a monopoly and CAN make us pay whatever"

Also it seems worse because they are under new management, The owner is probably making the correct move for the business of his company but when some one new comes in and starts raising prices it seems very bad.
Maybe they should of at least waited till 2015 to announce it and had it done in Julyish

Well yeah okay.. To be honnest if i was the owner i would've done exactly the same. And so would most of us. But in the eyes of the customers it seems something they could've skipped. I'm just hoping this is it and they don't have more 'bad' things planned. And one more thing. I think we all saw this comming. I mean i didn't but if i read this all and if i knew pokerstars had such low rakes compared to others i could've known this would happen.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this will be as effective as all of those gasoline boycotts we have had.

Effective at accomplishing what?

No one is expecting Pstars to simply rescind their rake bump; that isn't the goal at all.

I don't get what people mean to say when they're talking about "failure" vis a vis a simple gesture to show management we're concerned about the future of the site/online poker due to troubling changes.

Furthermore, the people saying a rake hike won't really affect them because they are (presumably) losing players......do they value the ability to get into games quickly and easily at all hours of the day in differing form of poker?

If you do, and tbh everyone does, they should be concerned bc less regs means less liquidity and less games open.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You don't go to a shop for years on end, see they increased their prices or have terrible customer service and continue going back and kicking up a fuss about how terrible they are. You just go shop elsewhere which you feel is better.

except when there's a monopoly

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Effective at accomplishing what?

I don't get what people mean to say when they're talking about "failure" vis a vis a simple gesture to show management we're concerned about the future of the site/online poker due to troubling changes.

That can only be attributed to willful ignorance. Pokerstars knows you're concerns. Pokerstars knows you're unhappy with the changes. Pokerstars knows there are unhappy players. So, it doesn't send any message at all.

In fact, when this happens, and it is an utter failure from lack of participation, it will only serve to reaffirm to Pokerstars that the decisions have been accepted by the 'poker community' at large.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the official name of Fireworks night Chemist?
It is strange how we are unaware of holidays in other countries.
In Canada fireworks night is either on the May 24 weekend to celebrate the Queens birthday or on July 1 to celebrate the birth of Canada but both are just good excuses to party.

Guy Fawkes, Bonfire Night,
or simply and imaginatively just November Fifth or '5th November'
as in “Remember, remember, the fifth of November”

Everyone just knows it as the day you're allowed to let of fireworks and the only time of the year when you can buy them.

The next day always starts foggy and the air still smells of smoke.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That can only be attributed to willful ignorance. Pokerstars knows you're concerns. Pokerstars knows you're unhappy with the changes. Pokerstars knows there are unhappy players. So, it doesn't send any message at all.

In fact, when this happens, and it is an utter failure from lack of participation, it will only serve to reaffirm to Pokerstars that the decisions have been accepted by the 'poker community' at large.

Keep in mind this ^ is a guy who supports LockPoker

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amaya just purchased Stars. They are a publicly owned corporation. Expect rake to increase more. Im sure this is the first small step. I would expect their rates will become more and more like the other sites, but in the end still being somewhat cheaper. Stockholders will probably be asking why, when they are the 'monopoly' and the 'best' poker site, are we so much cheaper than our 'competitors'?

* As for the sit out I agree with the majority here. Its a waste of time. Those participating will be breaking the TOS, and can have their accounts permanently banned. Telling people to join tables and sit out was the downfall of this protest. A general don't play that day protest wouldve gotten more 'yes's on the poll.

Last edited:
mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars is a huge company, If players want to air or vent out complaints I think it would be much better to put it in writing. The company has given enough opportunity for those who made this game a living, let's us not resort to burning bridges with them. It will only be detrimental to those who are working hard at grinding those tables whose main source of income is through playing poker.

Last edited by a moderator:
A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what that even means, let alone how it would be relevant to this discussion.

It means anyone who is supporting Lock Poker at this point in time has pretty much blown any and all credibility to speak with any authority on any subject having to do with online poker.

If it is true you back/backed Lock Poker in the recent past...well, lets just say I wouldn't be surprised given your comments/"thought process" here.

Amaya just purchased Stars. They are a publicly owned corporation. Expect rake to increase more. Im sure this is the first small step. I would expect their rates will become more and more like the other sites, but in the end still being somewhat cheaper. Stockholders will probably be asking why, when they are the 'monopoly' and the 'best' poker site, are we so much cheaper than our 'competitors'?

* As for the sit out I agree with the majority here. Its a waste of time. Those participating will be breaking the TOS, and can have their accounts permanently banned. Telling people to join tables and sit out was the downfall of this protest. A general don't play that day protest wouldve gotten more 'yes's on the poll.

Shockingly I have a quote from my link that seems to suggest just that...

"How can you protest/what should you do?

- Do not play on Pokerstars/Full Tilt on the 5th of November
- Withdraw money from the sites
- Spread the word and tell others
"
Please post ideas and support.
PokerStars is a huge company, If players want to air or vent out complaints I think it would be much better to put it in writing. The company has given enough opportunity for those who made this game a living, let's us not resort to burning bridges with them. It will only be detrimental to those who are working hard at grinding those tables whose main source of income is through playing poker.

Go ahead and write an email; no one has said that isn't an option as well. We just think not playing and/or sitting out will lend more creedence to our claims that people have had enough of Amaya's wreckless changes to the site that used to be the leader in poker.

I am not even sure I can surmise what this actually means, but the fact that you didn't deny backing Lock Poker makes me suspicious about anything you are writing right now.

Again, you guys can't define "failing" at all.....because no one ANYWHERE HAS defined success as trying to shutdown Stars or force them to take a specific step immediately.

I am mainly interested in raising awareness first among casual players....and it seem as though I am doing it. Thank you for posting and keeping this thread alive since you are helping prove your point wrong.

Remember folks,

If you are unhappy with the changes Amaya has rolled out...

Unhappy with higher rakes, and much higher rakes on people starting ring games HU which will lead to less games and harder games....

Unhappy with rakes exploding on spin and go's to the point where they are unbeatable for anyone to play who wants to make money in the long run....

Let Amayastars hear your voice by simply not playing on Wens. the 5th.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I LIKE CAKE :D, even if it gets a little more expensive (which yes sucks but..) it's still the best tasting cake and cheapest cake and I can eat the most cake by staying there and if there are issues with my cake I'll still get the best support of any cake services out there.

Ok so I don't eat cake for 1 day, I'll probably eat twice as much the day before or day after because I'm not going to give up eating cake when there is no better cake around.

Cheers, did I mention I like cake :D

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not even sure I can surmise what this actually means, but the fact that you didn't deny backing Lock Poker makes me suspicious about anything you are writing right now.

I have never defended Lock, I don't deposit on Lock, I don't encourage anyone to deposit on Lock. If orifice got that from anything I've said here, his reading comprehension is as poor as yours.

Again, you guys can't define "failing" at all.....because no one ANYWHERE HAS defined success as trying to shutdown Stars or force them to take a specific step immediately.

I am mainly interested in raising awareness first among casual players....and it seem as though I am doing it. Thank you for posting and keeping this thread alive since you are helping prove your point wrong.

That isn't what you've been saying though, . . .

This is part of a process and we need to at least let Amaya know a decent portion of the volume (not players) comes from people who know what they're up to. This isn't meant to cripple Amaya or bring them to their knees...it's just meant to get their attention.

Since you won't get anywhere near a 'decent portion of the volume' represented, it is not going to have the effect you expect.

I do admire your passion, however misguided it may be. The fact that you are an American and cannot even play on Pokerstars is a pretty good indication that it is misguided. Why don't you channel that energy into fighting for the game here in your own country. Some of us put a lot of time and effort into fighting for your right to play on sites like Pokerstars. You might consider looking into how you can help.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1)This has to be some sort of bad joke....

What have I been saying as far as what constituted success?

Please quote me directly....I'll be waiting.

2) How do you know if I have or have not been active in trying to legalize online poker in my state?

As a matter of fact, since you asked, I have been active in trying to move my state towards legalization. I actually have been to local state's reps offices several times and gotten responses from my visits from reps of both parties....and this is ongoing work. I have donated money to the PPA...taken part in twitter campaigns and more. You can apologize for your ignorant assumptions at any point.

Now, are you going to continue to look silly in this thread by making ridiculous comments with no factual basis, or are you going to admit that simply not playing on Pokerstars or getting out the word about these changes as suggested in one of the links is an almost cost free way of attempting to #1 let the community know what is going on (you cannot be against that, can you? & #2 letting Amaya know there are a lot of players watching what they are doing, and they should take that into account when making decisions.

It is really up to you.

p.s.

Thanks again; every time you respond you are bumping this to the top and helping to get the word out!!!!!

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I LIKE CAKE :D, even if it gets a little more expensive (which yes sucks but..) it's still the best tasting cake and cheapest cake and I can eat the most cake by staying there and if there are issues with my cake I'll still get the best support of any cake services out there.

Ok so I don't eat cake for 1 day, I'll probably eat twice as much the day before or day after because I'm not going to give up eating cake when there is no better cake around.

Cheers, did I mention I like cake :D

If I liked cake from a specific baker and then that cake shop changed hands, and subsequently the prices rose and the quality of the cake seemed to fall, YOU ARE DAMN SKIPPY I would first alert the new ownership as to my dismay and then consider seeking out another bakery if things continued to get worse.

I guess you guys have never complained at a restaurant, after poor landscaping services, to your internet provider when bandwidth wasn't what they claimed it would be...etc. etc....

No one is saying everyone has to quit playing Pokerstars for life right now.....we are saying take a day to let Amaya know and realize that a large portion of the community (and a lot of the volume players) are conscious of their rake increase and other negative actions, and do not approve of them.

How someone can be against that is beyond me....

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A2345Razz - if you can't be respectful to other members in this thread don't post in it again.

There is no excuse for your rudeness and attitude. Fix it or stay out of this thread.

It is not really up to you.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a2345razz it is easy for you to make a lot of noise
when you don´t have a real money acount on Stars

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is 10:42 as I post this and yesterday at the same time there were 132,000 players playing at poker stars at 10:02 which I posted in post #48 and today there are 132,000 players playing at Poker Stars.
The numbers never lie.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I liked cake from a specific baker and then that cake shop changed hands, and subsequently the prices rose and the quality of the cake seemed to fall, YOU ARE DAMN SKIPPY I would first alert the new ownership as to my dismay and then consider seeking out another bakery if things continued to get worse.

This is the thing, we can speculate that they will get worse but in the same situation they could still get "worse" and still provide the best cake on the market. People will still eat the best cake even if its not as good as it once was.

You don't think when it was initially brought up in the board rooms of Amaya that someone already didn't say the players are going to hate this, of course they did and to that the response was likely "we are still better than everyone else" so although people will grumble about it it's not going to impact the cakes customer base.

Anyhow you do seem stuck on your path of opinion, and I don't disagree that the changes and future changes to come don't suck but as already mentioned numerious times they are still the best option on the market and the only way people (and it would have to be a lot of people) can have an impact would be to leave the site and play elsewhere.

C

cracked aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone that buys a company as big as Poker Stars will make changes if the changes don't work they make more changes,all we can hope for is that the change Does Not affect the Player Base that PS worked so hard to build.Poker Stars is still the best site to play at in the World.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the problem with A2345Razz ? Why is it so active in this thread , he is now in the States, and it does not concern this problem him...

And the problem rake only will affect grinders and regulars who play at medium and high stakes, let them ride how the last time on the island of Maine and solve this problem with PokerStars....

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the problem with A2345Razz ? Why is it so active in this thread , he is now in the States, and it does not concern this problem him...

And the problem rake only will affect grinders and regulars who play at medium and high stakes, let them ride how the last time on the island of Maine and solve this problem with PokerStars....

This is just blatantly untrue.

It is sad reading this thread and seeing POKER PLAYERS rooting against other players trying to protect their interests.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this topic if this hot.
I think that will not be part of the "55" lol.
is true that they only succeed in getting their accounts suspended.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Razz no need to yell.

The title of your post is Mass Sitout. I could careless about the p2p threads I didnt even look, as I had seen similar to this already. Now that I see that poll says will you play on the 5th its even worse, as the poll has nothing to do with the 'sitout'.

You seem to think everyones rooting for Amaya and rake increases. Not really sure where you got that, but if I could play at pokerstars or full tilt I wouldnt care at all about these changes so far.

And again as was my main part of first post that you ignored, expect more increases. Amaya has a bunch of debt related to this purchase. I would expect no less than this being the first step towards even higher rake and less benefits.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read through some of the p2p threads. Nobody has addressed the elephant in the room, 'stars is still the cheapest'. I can't say whether its true or not, but no one has denied it.

If stars is the cheapest still, this protesting is just nonsense. Obviously, rake increases are going to be bad in the players minds. To call it the 'end of poker', 'unbeatable', etc is just crazy talk, and everyone complaining now will say the same thing at the next increase, and the one after, yet do nothing but continue playing at 'the best site'.

PokerStars Guides: Italiano - Dansk - Nederlands - Deutsch - Français - Español - Polski - Norsk - Português - Svenska - PokerStars Mobile - Deutsch Mobile - PS Casino