Huck Seed is the newest member of the Poker Hall of Fame

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here we have it folks! The one and only new inductee to the Poker Hall of Fame for 2020 is none other than the 1996 wsop Main Event winner Huck Seed!

This is how the voting ended -

2020 Poker Hall of Fame Votes
  • Huck Seed – 76
  • Matt Savage – 51
  • Isai Scheinberg – 45
  • Eli Elezra – 30
  • Antonio Esfandiari – 23
  • Ted Forrest – 20
  • Lon McEachern and Norman Chad – 20
  • Mike Matusow – 17
  • Patrik Antonius – 15
  • Chris Ferguson – 3
Former WSOP Champ Huck Seed Joins the Poker Hall of Fame

S

Sbrzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow!! this Poker Hall of Fame list is very restricted.

I saw the list on wikipedia and thought that many more players were already part of it.

The players who participate are only players who have won the WSOP bracelet. Players who are practically online legends are not even considered to enter the Hall.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am overjoyed that one of the truly good guys in this game of poker got into the HOF (in my not-so-humble opinion, many of the famous players in this game are not always such good people from an ethical and moral standpoint). Huck Seed has a terrific reputation as a person, not just as a player.

And that makes two years in a row, because last year's co-inductee Chris Moneymaker is one of those truly good guys too. While I am saddened that Chris Moneymaker has left his poker stars sponsorship behind, I'm also happy he got to leave on his own terms. The response by Poker Stars to his leaving brought tears to my eyes, literally. It is a beautiful tribute to Chris and it is SO well-deserved.

Extremely happy at this Huck Seed news!!! Good guys DO win sometimes!!! :)

Last edited:
Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here we have it folks! The one and only new inductee to the Poker Hall of Fame for 2020 is none other than the 1996 WSOP Main Event winner Huck Seed!

This is how the voting ended -

2020 Poker Hall of Fame Votes
  • Huck Seed – 76
  • Matt Savage – 51
  • Isai Scheinberg – 45
  • Eli Elezra – 30
  • Antonio Esfandiari – 23
  • Ted Forrest – 20
  • Lon McEachern and Norman Chad – 20
  • Mike Matusow – 17
  • Patrik Antonius – 15
  • Chris Ferguson – 3
Former WSOP Champ Huck Seed Joins the Poker Hall of Fame

Always loved Huck, not just a great player but also a great guy.

He's always been super friendly and approachable

Definitely one of the good guys in poker, happy to see him make it to the HOF!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow!! this Poker Hall of Fame list is very restricted.

I saw the list on wikipedia and thought that many more players were already part of it.

The players who participate are only players who have won the WSOP bracelet. Players who are practically online legends are not even considered to enter the Hall.

It is a very exclusive club, with the living members being the only ones who can cast votes. As for the "online legends" not being considered, that's not the case at all. There are specific criteria that must be met to be eligible for induction, and the one I wanted to touch upon specifically is the age requirement.

Most of the online legends are younger men and women who have not reached 40 years of age yet, so that alone wouldn't make them eligible. In time, many of these online grinders/crushers will become part of this exclusive club. Here is a link below that takes you directly to the Hall of Fame Webpage, including the criteria, though I will paste it below for ease of viewing.

https://www.wsop.com/pokerhalloffame/

• A player must have played poker against acknowledged top competition
  • Be a minimum of 40 years old at time of nomination
  • Played for high stakes
  • Played consistently well, gaining the respect of peers
  • Stood the test of time
  • Or, for non-players, contributed to the overall growth and success of the game of poker, with indelible positive and lasting results.

Hopefully this answers your question. As for Huck, Evan Jarvis nailed it. I've only seen him play on TV and he seems to be the kind of guy that represents himself well at the tables, his results notwithstanding.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why pokerstars x-boss should have had so great odds to be inducted into PHoF ?? I do not understand , is Isai Scheinberg so much more important than some guys that are under him in this voting list ?? Strange it appears to me ..... Anyway , congratulations to Huck Seed for the induction , now he's one more of the living members of this special very important club

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well deserved, and seems everyone who plays with him says he's just a good dude. So Congrats!

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always enjoyed watching Huck play, congrats to him on his hall of fame induction!

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought huck seed was always part of the poker hall of fame. i guess not

F

face5674

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to huck seed he was a great player R.I.P.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A confident victory among worthy candidates for inclusion in the Poker Hall of Fame.
"The bigger the prize, the more pressure, the better I can concentrate on the game and relax at the same time. This is the right way - the more pressure, the calmer I feel," says Huck Seed