Gus Hansen Accuses Online Poker Rival “SallyWoo” of Using Forbidden Computer Program

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually the firs AI programs were made for HU play, now they are perfecting bot programs for full tables

What is the point of this sport if there will be cheaters.....can the poker rooms not take any steps to make sure their player are clean ??

Btw I've seen the movie Runner Runner............is that based on a real story ?

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
ScreenHunter 190 Mar 31 0048ScreenHunter 191 Mar 31 0048

Gus killing it at the moment. Maybe he found his own programme :p:p

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have found this
Polaris is a composite program consisting of a number of bots, including Hyperborean08, the winner of the limit equilibrium series in the 2008 Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) Computer Poker Competition. Polaris also contains a number of other fixed strategies, and chooses between these strategies during a match.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
no matter what the game when it comes to online there's always the posssibilty of ''host booting'' which in simple terms is flooding an ip address that your in contact with using ''bots'' which is a collection of viruses that hackers spread on random peoples comuters through torrent downloads which allows the said hacker too use these bots (peoples computers) to flood the ip address of the victim and the more the hacker has spread them the more bots he has in his arsenal. so in heads up you should only have to ip's yours and the opponents which you can get by using a ip sniffer which is widely available. Whether or not this is known and counteracted by the sites is unknown but i too have been playing heads-up and have had my internet interfered with but i quickly reset my router and rejoined and still won :) but the moral of the story is that it is possible to do this as it has been happening on xbox live for many years and people have been doing this to close small web sites connection as well and its not the hardest thing to do so its quite common :s

By the way I'm by no means trying to condone this action or trying to scaremonger I'm simply sharing my experience in this pathetic cyber crime :)

I'm going to guess that you are an Xbox Live player and going to assume it's Halo lol

"Host booting" is DDoS(sing) which is illegal (Federal law) I'm not certain about this but I'm going to assume it is much harder to get an IP address off of a poker site like FullTilt poker.. Microsoft (XBL) has terrible security and just gives out players IP addresses..

I always thought the most annoying this about people who would DDoS is they all thought they were some incredible hacker because they downloaded Cain&Abel with Zone Alarm Pro SMH...

anywaysss....

"In the meantime, “SallyWoo” was busy winning $241,300 on Saturday by taking $151,000 from Viktor “Isildur1” Blom at the $2,000/$4,000 FLO8 tables in just 26 hands over 14 minutes and $89,700 from “Sanlker” in 288 hands of $500/$1,000 CAP no limit hold’em."

Where do I get this '08 program? =P

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's with everyone ITT acting like a limit game being solved has any relevancy to NL bots? Limit obviously way more mathematical(i.e. solvable) than a non-fl game. Who were any of these 3 accused before O8 became a high roller game? Nobodies... but also LHE players, another game where bots can win.

bsam

bsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
damn thats some dumb stuff it does sound like he's mad just cuz hes been losin. If they are cheating they shouldn't even play its bs if u cant win on ur own.

punctual

punctual

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he is using a bot or other computer program, i hope they catch him....

Maybe the way to avoid this sort of thing from happening is for online poker companies to require high stakes players to buy a proprietary machine made by the poker company. this proprietary machine would only have the poker client on there and no other programs....the poker site would monitor on a periodic basis whether other programs have been installed and ban those players...

I am for any kind of scheme that can curb cheating.....because as we know, if you CAN cheat in a game, someone out there most likely will!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if he is using a bot or other computer program, i hope they catch him....

Maybe the way to avoid this sort of thing from happening is for online poker companies to require high stakes players to buy a proprietary machine made by the poker company. this proprietary machine would only have the poker client on there and no other programs....the poker site would monitor on a periodic basis whether other programs have been installed and ban those players...

I am for any kind of scheme that can curb cheating.....because as we know, if you CAN cheat in a game, someone out there most likely will!

I disagree, not with the if he is cheating catch him that I obviously agree with that. However their is no evidence he is cheating other then Gus crying which isn't evidence it's a wildly boarder line inappropriate accusation.

As far as not being able to have other software running would be a no, no especially with Poker tracker, and Holdem manager and whatever else..

Also I think it would be a mistake to inconvenient players with downloading something like that, plus I wouldn't want pokerstars to be monitoring everything I do.. I'll leave that to my government =O

I'll have to take my signature "gotta sacrifice some freedoms because of them thar terrorist" and apply it to this situation (kind of) the non cheaters shouldn't be inconvenienced no matter how small because of the few cheaters out of the many legitimate players.

It's almost an extreme example of taking away my 4th amendment to search me without any evidence simply because their have been some break ins around the neighborhood.

Or not... =O =P

:D :D

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wierd, you would think a human should be smarter then a poker player. I think a computer program would never fold some epic hands, which are folded by humans.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wierd, you would think a human should be smarter then a poker player. I think a computer program would never fold some epic hands, which are folded by humans.

I don't think humans fold in heads up O8

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if everyone is googling if there is a computer program that can play plo8 for u now. Kinda sounded like Gus in a tilt mode conversation, more likely, altho u never know these days what people can have online.

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only feel pity for Gus,...:(
though u cant be sure whether he is telling the truth or not. Programmers are much advanced now a days...

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is Sally Woo ?

Anyone know the real person's name.

zaxxorr

zaxxorr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I highly doubt they were using a program, poker computers are overrated

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wouldnt it be easier for a BOT to interact with a HUD and made random plays based on all the HUD stats available so it wouldnt be predictable

Dont think a BOT could crush NLHE but with the aid of a HUD i think it would be possible

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv a computer one uses for poker ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't that just called a computer? So was he just saying that computers in general are overrated? :confused