Greg Raymer (Fossilman) Arrested in Prostitution Sting

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not really sure it matters whether it is male of female prostitutes tbh, aslong as they are adults and above age of consent then its the man's own business...not that i agree with it or would ever even think about doing something so dirty myself...dont particuarly fancy catching sexual diseases or funding some poor desperate girls drug addiction....hopefully he will come out and appologise since it has came out publicly, then he can go back to playing poker or whatever.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
law enforcement actually spends our tax dollars setting up sting operations to go after people because they want to pay for sex. ya they've really punished some serious menaces to society here (sarcastic). when are we goin to pull our collective head out of our asses in the US and vote for better laws and politicians.

I agree - there is no more reason for that to be illegal than playing poker should be illegal. Politicians/government pushing their self righteous religious beliefs on the rest of the country.

I totally agree.

Probably same politicians pay for sex :eek:

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wake Forest police said the sting was part of a wider attempt to crack down on prostitution.
Really, how does it??
Wake Forest police had no comment!! :p

I

inflnlte

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Really sucks for him, but its his fault so no one else to blame. He'll def not get the same treatment when he sits at a poker table unless someone never hears this story.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1,000 bond pocket change for a guy with 1.6 million dollar home.

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm.. don't think it was a girl he was looking for

(MALE prostitution sting)

"A Wake Forest Police Department spokesperson said Gregory Paul Raymer, 48, was one of six men who responded to an advertisement posted by undercover police on a popular website men often seek out female prostitutes."

It says female prostitutes not male.

And why does raymer not have him a sugar momma? Im sure he has enough money to keep a good lucking girl around him lol.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The article now clearly states it was a female prostitution sting:

A Wake Forest Police Department spokesperson said Gregory Paul Raymer, 48, was one of six men who responded to an advertisement posted by undercover police on a popular website men often seek out female prostitutes.

Honestly though, when it comes to career impact, how many poker players & gamblers are going to judge him for this? Vegas, prostitution, and gambling go hand in... er... hand. :) Hardly something to be overly concerned about among that crowd. The only reason this is really news is that it happened in the conservative South.

Of larger and sadder consequence is the family impact. He's married and I don't recall if he has kids or not. That's what's really shameful.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was railed, after that back door straight got flushed away.lol

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When questioned by the police Phil Helmuth (left) & Greg Raymer (right) assured the authorities they understood there was a Charity Poker Event being held in the Hotel.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 11.20.39 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 11.20.39 AM.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 202
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah, just not working

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Article still reads:

The men face misdemeanor charges of prostitution and attempted crimes against nature.
Any idea what constitutes "attempted crimes against nature" in Wake Forest?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"A Wake Forest Police Department spokesperson said Gregory Paul Raymer, 48, was one of six men who responded to an advertisement posted by undercover police on a popular website men often seek out female prostitutes."

It says female prostitutes not male.

Yea - they have since corrected it - it was originally reported wrong. See my post above.

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was just trying to backdoor a straight!
lollll....so what prostitution should be legal....not that I would engage in it, but its the worlds oldest pofession, and what a woman does with her body is her business.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh. Some dude had sex with a woman. That is really all this amounts to.

Nothing wrong with sex. Nothing wrong with paying for a service someone is willing to offer. Nothing wrong with prositution.

As for Greg, he seems like a cool dude through the interviews I've seen. This changes nothing.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally shocked two champions hold this in hotel...eek

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Nothing wrong with sex. Nothing wrong with paying for a service someone is willing to offer. Nothing wrong with prositution.

As for Greg, he seems like a cool dude through the interviews I've seen. This changes nothing.
but something wrong when get caught by cops...:eek:

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lollll....so what prostitution should be legal....not that I would engage in it, but its the worlds oldest pofession, and what a woman does with her body is her business.

Totally agree, should be legal everywhere like it is here. As I understand it, you meet the ladies in a Lounge setting then chat a bit to see if both parties are mutually interested then your off to the nurse to be checked out and shower up. Most the ladies are just college girls looking to pay tuition or alike.

Or so Ive read. :D :cheers:

Nothing wrong with it at all, as long as the wife knows hes off for a stress reliever.

Totally shocked two champions hold this in hotel...eek

Yea, he should have driven over the hill like he usually does. I see him often at the peppermill and GSR giving classes. Hes a very nice person, very approachable too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 1.14.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 1.14.13 PM.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 112
R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree - there is no more reason for that to be illegal than playing poker should be illegal. Politicians/government pushing their self righteous religious beliefs on the rest of the country.

Totally agree...the supposed separation of church and state is a myth.

FrankMStone

FrankMStone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let the man be, he has cash to spend lol

needaGF

needaGF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my... this is really shocking!!!

Greg Raymer is the first player that I watched on TV. How could he do this!!!

GOIVIT

GOIVIT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my... this is really shocking!!!

Greg Raymer is the first player that I watched on TV. How could he do this!!!

I wonder if he is the first poker winner to pay for sex? :cool:

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh will he ever be known for any thing else, this is funny to me.