Durrr update

S

SuitedPear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's insane. I saw an interview with him on Youtube I believe, and he took the interviewer through his house and all of that stuff. He had a beautiful place. $20,000,000 is a lot of money. I hope that it didn't hurt him too bad. I love watching him play.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always an interesting read when Durr is the topic of the thread.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tom Dwan was interesting back in the heyday of full tilt poker and the durrrr challenge, even if it ultimately fizzled out. At least back then, railbirds had plenty of nosebleed stakes to watch between these two giants of the online world.

It's not the same nowadays as it was. Those who got to watch it (I was one who did), it was a dynamic time, but that time is gone now. But on the bright side, there is poker on Twitch to watch, and for those who are subscribing to PokerGo and the live wsop coverage that comes with it.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must be nice to have 20 million to spend on one hand... jeebus if that really happened idk how u could take the loss of it.

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tom Dwan was interesting back in the heyday of Full Tilt Poker and the durrrr challenge, even if it ultimately fizzled out. At least back then, railbirds had plenty of nosebleed stakes to watch between these two giants of the online world.

It's not the same nowadays as it was. Those who got to watch it (I was one who did), it was a dynamic time, but that time is gone now. But on the bright side, there is poker on Twitch to watch, and for those who are subscribing to PokerGo and the live WSOP coverage that comes with it.

Man was that fun to watch, huh? The golden age of poker, felt like so much money getting pumped into poker, so many online sites and just an aura of excitement. Black Friday really did a number on the scene. I hope one day we can legalize it in the USA and we can have more excitement and TV shows with players like Tom Dwan going at it.