Doyle Brunson no longer playing WSOP Main Event

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading his stories on super system 2, it made me want to meet him more. Alot of respect to doyle. Hes been through some crazy games.. Hes going to be a Legend in the poker world

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very tiring for him at this age to play so many days in a row.

Blu2323

Blu2323

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really going to miss this guy....Super System was my first poker read and is still one of the best today. If I had a chance to play a pro heads up live it would be this guy. Hand salute to The Texas Dolly.

S

shawkid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have all the respect in the world for Doyle, but I feel that poker has changed since his prime days. I think it is time for him to retire.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why should he retire? As long as he still enjoys playing hw should and I'd much rather watch him playing than idiots like Hellmuth, Matisaw or tony G.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle Brunson is a living legend, but age and health issues are not working for him

i Frenzy

i Frenzy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will see him on Poker After Dark here soon

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he will be missed at the main event one of the best poker players ever

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kinda got use to seeing him playing in the M.E year in year out (that would be like Phil Hellmuth), not spazzing out after a bad beat

Kuphaldt

Kuphaldt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read that he will not be playing in the main event any more. don't know if that means he will not be in the other events. I agree with him that the hours are too long. But I will miss seeing him. He is truly a gentleman. I admire the dignity he brings to the game. Thanks, Doyle, for being my poker hero.

Yeah he is getting old to be grinding a 7 day tournament for the payout and they are still super hard to cash even if you are good.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah thats true, its a long event & it really must take it's toll them.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that's a pity, but he is a legend, the youth gotta take his spot. For his age, it's not weird that he no longer plays this huge tournament.

IceasI

IceasI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to play 12 hours per day like 2-7 days in a row. Brunson is a legend of poker, but he is human.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The last 5 years have been his "last time in the main event"; He has way to much alligator blood to stop, but we will see. I mean, come on, he cashed just last year!

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a bracelet posthumously, lol, he's that damn good! He's the frigging Chuck Norris of poker!

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think I would have the endurance to play poker that long.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's sad. Doyle Brunson was the first player I've ever saw playing on TV and I even know what was poker at that time. But, I hope that he still plays the other shorter events.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see him play few time on tv very aggressif player?

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle, agressive?

I see him play few time on tv very aggressif player?
Are you kidding? In cash games he is VERY aggressive. I highly recommend you buy his 2 books, "Super System" and "Super System 2". Worth every penny.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah, just love to see face of Doyle Brunson while holding the obsequious hand of 10-2, and when an audience go woooooow every time when he show his lucky cards. :)

Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is one of the best player of all times.one of the most influential people in poker

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I'm the only one who does not like the way the game Brunson :)

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
doyle brunson is the player I love most because it is the main person in my opinion in the expansion of poker since the 70s is a person who has suffered over 4 cancers, a life of rounder that not everyone would be willing to live , remembering that first model is the great losse style game aggresive.

without mentioning that played against the best players in nearly 5 decades and has to his credit 10 wsop bracelets and we can not finish this without saying it is a gentleman on and off the tables, god us the opportunity to continue watching this great player.

R

Raven5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going to miss him to. He is an absolutely amazing player. A poker legend

WSOP