Doug Polk's poker challenge $100 to $10,000

R

remyboiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone suffers huge swings, I'm sure he'll get back up, the fact that he's had such bad run and still up $38 is still impressive. I don't think he'll do it, unless he hits a big win in an MTT

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact that he's had such bad run and still up $38 is still impressive.
After 15 days his roll is hovering around $134.

Not really a stellar performance for someone who's supposed to crush at the micros.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had to laugh cause I just raved about him and then I saw how much his roll dropped. I think he has to be a little frustrated at this point. We will see how this effects his play.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion he has to be a a little lucky and reach the final 3 in big field MTT, to do this 10.000 in one month, In the first days he has to adapt to microstakes.:)).

I did also a challenge, to make in 40 days (not playing full time) from 100$ to 1200$. I got a little lucky and a did it in 32 days. I'm a micro player, I'm not considering myself a good player (I'm mediocre with a lot of leaks) and after making this challenge I was sure that he would do it also. But it's tough and the time is very short also for a good player like him with that small bankroll.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But it's tough and the time is very short also for a good player like him with that small bankroll.
After 15 sessions (I don't know how many hours); his roll is sitting at a "whopping" $137.

He is taking a break to play WCOOP.

Anyway most pros today are just salesman for training sites. That's where the money is (for the moment).

The sites are cutting back on good promos, the players are getting better and the fishes are scared away. Good luck!

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Doug is about -$8,000 in WCOOP. So even some of the best can "run bad" sometimes.

Or just maybe the field has gotten a lot tougher to beat.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched him ditch close to 15k right before his challenge started. I honestly think his br has to be hurting, at least a little bit. I agree though I think that he is running bad, watching other streams I think his play is a little off too. He is calling or pushing in some spots that hurt him because of mis-reads and I have to feel like a little bit of it could be frustration or impatience due to his bad run. At least that's what happens to me when I run bad.

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a great player , I admire very him... he believe who can do that quickly ... Do not Know Very Well How it will work , but I think he can easily yes ^^ ...
:)

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These types of challenges are extremely difficult to achieve, especially if you adhere to strict bankroll management, which I believe Doug is. I said this before earlier in this thread, he's an underdog to achieve this challenge. It's not because he's a bad player because clearly he is not. The reason he's an underdog is primarily it's going to take such a long time to achieve this, and I think that he'll quit the challenge before going busto.

His bread and butter is the higher stakes games and I can't see him dedicating that much time on stream to playing the micros. That is unless he plays off stream in the higher stakes games.

Another thing to consider, if this was easy to do, more people would have done it so far. I do hope Doug proves me wrong and achieves this goal, but I don't like his chances.

M

mauroc711

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that the wsop end, does anyone here know when Doug will take up again the challenge 100-10K?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The german ex-supernova-elite pro Christophe "crazysheep" Gross also does a challenge $100 ---> $5.000. He played already over 7 million poker hands in his life, sick! You can watch him on twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/crazysheeptv) and he also updates sometimes on his FB site, according to a german news site he had a not so easy, but ok start: $100 -> $140 --> $156 --> $136 ...and he plays cash game (NL2/NL5).

Last edited:
cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How abouts is he planning on building his BR? If anyone is watching please let me know, just curious if he is focusing more on cash or MTT grind.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How abouts is he planning on building his BR? If anyone is watching please let me know, just curious if he is focusing more on cash or MTT grind.

He is mainly playing freerolls, $1 tournies, and Sngs. He ran it up, and lost it back in HUSnGs, the irony. Below are highlights of part 1 & 2 of his run, both are about 20 minutes long.

The Rise

\\The Fall of the HUSnG King//

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPB7EpG6-o8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPB7EpG6-o8[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOSUzoYpxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daOSUzoYpxk[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9T072SA-5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9T072SA-5g[/ame]

Last edited:
Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good challenge! i think he could pull it off but it might take a week or 2, i watched his stream when he won 455k not to long ago. poker streams give good insight on poker strategy and the viewers get to sweat it out during hands is pretty awesome.

M

Matsyendra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

He was playing 1 cent two cent cash during the 5 minute break a few days ago so I imagine very slowly.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a good challenge! i think he could pull it off but it might take a week or 2, i watched his stream when he won 455k not to long ago. poker streams give good insight on poker strategy and the viewers get to sweat it out during hands is pretty awesome.

Even if he ran like Fedor, it would take at least a m:angel: nth.

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He said he would resume the challenge after WCOOP.
Saw this, he was down close to 150k after this since I started watching him this summer. But he had that huge take down in the 10k buy-in! Makes him up 150k since I have been watching! Talk about swings! My heart wouldn't be able to take those high stakes! That's like having a house one day and not the next!!

S

serenshippity

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he plays with proper brm and mixes in tournies and sngs, he should be able to do it in a few months

S

serenshippity

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Proper BRM and diversifying game play

If he plays with proper brm and mixes in tournies and sngs, he should be able to do it in a few months

P

patrik6633

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he can make it without problems

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He said hew was taking a month off after WCOOP to rest and travel and would resume in November.

Also would be doing more Youtube content instead of streaming as doing 7-8 hours of Twitch was very exhausting, whereas Youtube is alot easier

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy watching him play, very entertaining.