Daniel Negreanu lashes out at a YouTube poster

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's safe to say Daniel was less than pleased after a YouTube comment was left by someone who had insulted his wife. The comment was deleted but did not stop Daniel from displaying his outrage. Some members of the poker community weighed in on their take of the entire incident on social media and not all in favour of Daniel.

(video included)

Daniel Negreanu Tirade on WSOP Live-Stream Sparks Criticism from Poker Community

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
His true colours. Guy is extremely obnoxious. It's truly amazing how many folks in the poker world really love this guy and think that he's so great for poker.

I noticed the other day that he was streaming on Twitch so I thought to myself "Hey... maybe I can learn something about the game hearing his thought process???" (I forget now what format it was.... but it wasn't nlhe and was on wsop.com site).
I stayed on for ~5mins. There was zero poker content. All he spoke about was his training coach, his nutrition coach, etc. etc. etc. coach. If I wanted to watch a stream about training I'd go to some Youtube vids by a 'professional'.... Not some pencilneck who looks like he's done a few push-ups and stopped eating chips on the couch by the TV. Veiwers were actually feeding his ego, asking him about what supplements he was taking. LOL... and he stated something along the lines of "No... I am not taking steroids! The stuff I'm taking is boosting my body's own natural testosterone levels." Who cares? (I'd sure hope it's not steroids because if it was, someone is ripping him off or he just REALLY doesn't know how to train at all)

And now he's physically threatening people??? Can you imagine if he actually weighed a buck fiddy? He'd be challenging Connor to a HU4ROLLZ in the Octagon.

Would be great to see Twitch ban him.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are you going to do? I don't know what the comment was, but if it was something derogatory about his wife by some anonymous social media jerk, how else would you expect Daniel to react? Not sure I would have been as polite as he was.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe his youtube stream should still be up to view but remember he has tourette syndrome as well (he has said it a few times on previous streams). His wsop lag stream should be proof of that. I think I am more on the same line as Rowdy Greg here but it was out of line nonetheless. Maybe it was just to get a rise out of Daniel. It worked if it was. Say what you will about Daniel but in the last 4 events minus the last he finished the top 35 all 4 nights and even went through some hands on his vlogs.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What are you going to do? I don't know what the comment was, but if it was something derogatory about his wife by some anonymous social media jerk, how else would you expect Daniel to react? Not sure I would have been as polite as he was.

ignore it. It's a social media jerk.
His antics make him look like a jerk (imo).
fwiw, people who say they're 'gonna' do this... they're gonna do that. Never do. Perhaps he's wanting to test out his newly acquired 12 inch guns.... instead of just staring at them all day in the mirror.
Sorry but I can't stand this guy (in case you hadn't noticed ;) ). ~ a dozen years ago I spent part of a day sitting at a table with Daniel (was going to say 'better part of a day'... but there wasn't anything 'better' about it). It was long enough to see I'd seen enough.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
being clever, intuitive and disciplined at poker

does not mean you have emotional control in other parts of your life . although i respect his tournament results , i always felt his behavior was a bit juvenile . ever wonder they still call him 'kid poker ' ?

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I don't really care how bad he came off as or how "unacceptable" his behavior is and too many in the poker community try too hard to call out bad behavior just because "this and that" and "wah wah hypocrite." I'm sorry but no one in the right mind cares.

"But Daniel Negreanu could easily just kept his mouth shut and-"

No. I 0% care how easy it was for him to be quiet and people can say that hate mail is part of the internet, but keep in mind that you are a guest in other people's online streams. Come on, we are all adults here and it doesn't matter if people were being biased toward Mike Matusow, in fact, Mike Matusow has actually smartened up a bit and last time I checked is getting along with PokerHippie (the gal who "slowrolled" Matusow). The guy who went after Negreanu's wife knew what he was getting into and I cannot have any sympathy for him.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He could and should have handled himself better, he gave yet another black eye to the poker community.
I have no respect for someone that takes a rant too far and offers basically a non apology.
Mike Matusow is full of drugs and hate and so I lost very little respect for him as I didn't have any to start with. There is no excuse for this behavior from either of them.
AOC gave us the speech of the century over these deplorable remarks from men that are all too acceptable in todays society.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not know what the poster exactly said about his wife . He could restrict him from his channel , report him to youtube , or even sue him if these words were extremely offensive . talking like this , about broken faces and teeth , smashing his him cause now , after this exersice , special diet and I don;t know what else , he feels a big strong guy, is not right . .

Was it on youtube or also on twitch ?? twitch is stricter these days with this kind of behavior , it has banned great names with millions of followers , one of the greater streamers with million dollar contract with twitch platform , banning Daniell with 11K followeres won't bother them at all ....

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
He must be hurting so bad over being cancelled for the rake comments when he was with pokerstars

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I learned about it via Doug Polk's [already] viral video. So was curious about the background of that video.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I read that Daniel's been banned from Twitch as of ~7pm ET today. If so, I think it looks good on him. Perfect timing during the online WSOP at the site he is now repping.

And I think there's a difference between some random player reacting badly online over social media vs. someone who is seen as a public figure representing the poker community.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will just say to those he is a representive of poker that he is not. He represents himself and people will judge him based on his personal decisions and actions. What happened on twitch is between him and twitch. He put himself out there knowing people can be hateful and say the worst things. I would guess its hard being a high profile person and not being able to interact with people without being tested. Was he wrong? Yes. It totally could of been fixed in a matter of seconds without any issues. I hear he is going to be putting out a statement tomorrow. The whole twitch world has seen it by now, and I will only assume he is going to do some PR repair work. I couldnt really care less about the guy, he is a great poker player, but not a great person. He has done nothing to me, so it is what it is. I noticed alot of people enjoy talking about their hatred towards him, I just dont understand if they hate him so much, why do they keep talking about him? Go find someone else play poker. Its really very easy.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will just say to those he is a representive of poker that he is not. He represents himself and people will judge him based on his personal decisions and actions. What happened on twitch is between him and twitch. He put himself out there knowing people can be hateful and say the worst things. I would guess its hard being a high profile person and not being able to interact with people without being tested. Was he wrong? Yes. It totally could of been fixed in a matter of seconds without any issues. I hear he is going to be putting out a statement tomorrow. The whole twitch world has seen it by now, and I will only assume he is going to do some PR repair work. I couldnt really care less about the guy, he is a great poker player, but not a great person. He has done nothing to me, so it is what it is. I noticed alot of people enjoy talking about their hatred towards him, I just dont understand if they hate him so much, why do they keep talking about him? Go find someone else play poker. Its really very easy.

so ya mean higher rake is good :confused:

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you put yourself out there in the public eye I think it is expected some idiots will write mean nasty comments. People will direct a lot of negativity at you just to get a good laugh. And they' ll laugh even more if they get a rise out of you. Everybody deals with hacklers their own way. But I think if you pay attention to them it'll tickle their ego even more. It's best to just ignore them if you can. His vlog has a 5 minutes delay so he can block any comment he wants to.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We dont know what was said. At least I didnt see the comment that set him off. There are things that could get me that angry also or there are things that I would just say F off asshole and move on or even just total ignore. If we dont have the whole story I dont see how we can go off on daniel.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am sorry to hear that people without imagination and a little respect for others can treat it that way or comment on others or someone loved for someone else in this case of Daniel, that is nothing

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find stories like this irritating, in that we only see one side of it. Does anyone know what the comments were?

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something recently Daniel Negreanu began to fail in life. His emotional behavior of losing at the online poker table, his threatening messages, blocking of a bank account and most likely his promise that he made to his audience he will not fulfill.:heeeellll:confused: