amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well done DM - very funny. Dont know why people think he has to act like a saint all the time

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wasn't aware of anyone saying he has to act like a saint. But I think a goal might be do not get yourself banned from Twitch.

There were moments last year when he would lose it on camera at the wsop, and they were largely understandable. This year a bad tempered undercurrent seemed to be running through his streams, with him swearing heavily and affecting a tough guy persona (a little ludicrous in a shrimp sized guy). Even Joey Ingram said he looks like he is constantly spoiling for a fight. There was already embarrassment before the WSOP kicked off with him making erroneous statements about the main event being held on GG Poker where he is an ambassador. He initially claimed it a freeze out and then had to walk that back completely.

I think what screwed up for him this year was these were live unedited streams away from the public. All his previous vlogs were edited and his behavior moderated (mostly) by being out in public where he cultivates a specific image. What became self-evident during this WSOP is Negreanu does not have the temperament of a Jamie Staples to live stream. His shtick is always a weird mix of braggadocio and snow flake. It was a disaster waiting to happen. It was already embarrassing enough when he lost it over technical difficulties - clips of which had gone viral already.

Its ironic because when Matusow blew up everyone said mental problems and he needed an intervention. I disagree. I simply think him a nasty guy - but lets face it he is playing bad boy not poker ambassador. However I do think someone needs to interject with Negreanu and pose to him maybe he is not cut out for live streaming.

His 'apology' today as Twitch has now banned him, was naturally sarcastic and insincere as he begrudges having to make one in the first place. His prerogative of course, but he seems unaware he keeps chipping away at his own image. He did not seem to honestly acknowledge or believe that his rant(s) were enough to get him banned - it's a odd level of denial.

He needs to decide what his image is - poker bad boy or poker ambassador. He has spent a career promoting the ambassador angle so the I personally think he needs to stick with that and understand if live, he really needs to moderate himself.

Last edited:
JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel became a real tough guy over the last few years lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, several of these big online companies are losing it quite badly. I got banned from Youtube for reasons, which are still completely unclear to me and was never explained by Google. Possibly it was for uploading some poker hand histories, which according to some is "promoting of gambling".

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the story itself, I honestly dont care. Sure Daniel went over the top quite a bit, and this is not something, I would recommend other famous people to do. Better to just ignore the trolls and delete their comments. But that being said why do so many people think, it is ok to be completely obnoxious, just because they are doing it online against someone, who is famous? The guy, who attacked Daniels wife, was certainly not an innocent victim, so no need to feel sorry for him.

And finally those guys from the poker community, who feel, that they MUST comment on something like this, are just trying to promote themselfes. Doug Polk dont even play poker or create poker related content any more, so why would I even care about his opinion? Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one ;)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol,,,,great job Daniel,,,now every idiot who wants to get a rise out of you will go right for the wife,,, :pcguru: stay tuned,,,

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.It´s bad news for GG poker that its main ambassador has this problem.But, I think he is not a good live streamer.What a difference with his previous WSOP vlogs!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pretty uncharacteristic of DNegs really...

Normally pretty much... :cool: Takes whatever in his stride...

~EDiT:- Having a crazy hot spouse usually comes with a selection things you have to either deal with or put up with, haha.. :laugh:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wasn't aware of anyone saying he has to act like a saint. But I think a goal might be do not get yourself banned from Twitch.

There were moments last year when he would lose it on camera at the WSOP, and they were largely understandable. This year a bad tempered undercurrent seemed to be running through his streams, with him swearing heavily and affecting a tough guy persona (a little ludicrous in a shrimp sized guy). Even Joey Ingram said he looks like he is constantly spoiling for a fight. There was already embarrassment before the WSOP kicked off with him making erroneous statements about the main event being held on GG Poker where he is an ambassador. He initially claimed it a freeze out and then had to walk that back completely.

I think what screwed up for him this year was these were live unedited streams away from the public. All his previous vlogs were edited and his behavior moderated (mostly) by being out in public where he cultivates a specific image. What became self-evident during this WSOP is Negreanu does not have the temperament of a Jamie Staples to live stream. His shtick is always a weird mix of braggadocio and snow flake. It was a disaster waiting to happen. It was already embarrassing enough when he lost it over technical difficulties - clips of which had gone viral already.

Its ironic because when Matusow blew up everyone said mental problems and he needed an intervention. I disagree. I simply think him a nasty guy - but lets face it he is playing bad boy not poker ambassador. However I do think someone needs to interject with Negreanu and pose to him maybe he is not cut out for live streaming.

His 'apology' today as Twitch has now banned him, was naturally sarcastic and insincere as he begrudges having to make one in the first place. His prerogative of course, but he seems unaware he keeps chipping away at his own image. He did not seem to honestly acknowledge or believe that his rant(s) were enough to get him banned - it's a odd level of denial.

He needs to decide what his image is - poker bad boy or poker ambassador. He has spent a career promoting the ambassador angle so the I personally think he needs to stick with that and understand if live, he really needs to moderate himself.

I 100% agree with everything you've written here... & interesting to note that his prior vid. content is not live & naturally edited.

I'm not sure if he has the ability to control himself

DNegs has narcissitic personality disorder.

Attachments

• dn.jpg
    dn.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 54
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I 100% agree with everything you've written here... & interesting to note that his prior vid. content is not live & naturally edited.

Thanks for the comment Poker Orifice.

The real off note to me was after the incident, in the calm before the storm, he went to Twitter to brag about it. He detailed precisely what he had said then then signed off with an 'lol'. Jay Farber replied, offered some sympathy, but noted it was not a good look for Negreanu.

So it was one of two things - a boiling point reached or a contrivance. Whatever. Just a very odd place to find 'poker's ambassador'.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Hmmm that sounds more like President Drumpf.

Love Daniel, poker needs personality, it is dull without happy, fun loving guys like him.
The average Joe acts like a dickhead and nobody cares. The tall poppies like DNegs need to be able to be themselves from time to time, without everybody going apeshit.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They ban him they should listen to what Mike the mouth says to the people watching him on Twitch.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Negreanu was furious and he admits it himself. There are more and more provocateurs these days. Even the most balanced person can not stand it. But Daniel retains a good sense of humor after all that has happened.

“It’s incredibly difficult to shatter teeth, and even for a practicing dentist, it’s even more difficult to place them in someone’s rectum,” the poker pro joked.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone would be enraged at receiving insults against his wife, but he is a public figure and should just ignore these people and ignore what they say. Maybe he should learn to handle himself a little better on social networks since his behavior by these means is not the best

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Talking like this on a social platform is not allowed , strictly . They have banned great names , with millions of fans , wouldn't they do it to him ?? Why ?? Because he is a famous , I don't get it . He couldn't restrain himself ?? This is a big problem of him if true . Idiotic decision to act so , cause he is also an embassador , who plays streams , and needs audience .

A poster wrote sth idiotic , a person who most probably is a keyboard warrior , a very coward one who wants to provoke Daniel using a disguisting way , by attacking verbally his wife . He should have ignored this coward , or if he really wanted there are ways to find out who he is , and sue him , not sth that I recommend for a social platform troll , they just deserve to be ignored .

This way he lost . Smashing teeth and feeding them an***ly , is very bad words , on twitch there are also underage people ,not good things to be heard by tthem .... If he was banned permantly . not temporarily , this is one more sign that twitch is extremely serious with this kind of language , among other things (racism , nude content ,etc) . Not that they are not hypocrites as well , with two measures , double standards for many tthings or stereamers ...........

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for him. Not really a fan of his, but (to the troll) don't act like an asshat unless you're ready to take a beating. I wouldn't stand for that crap either, famous or not. To hell with Twitch. It's overrated anyway.

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All makes for good publicity, especially at these times when it’s difficult to generate so much interest online. Perhaps he is taking the mantle of “Poker Brat” from Phil Hellmuth?

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty juvenile to get upset because some idiot you don't know says something on the internet to you. The mental fortitude to get through countless hours of bad beats without tilting, and some fool says something about the wife and you lose it?

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if his new attitude has come with his new muscles? Like he's jacked so he needs to act jacked or something. It may have always been his personality in private and we've all only seen the edited for public consumption DN. I don't know.
I do know he's an amazing poker player and his book Power Holdem Strategy was my "bible" when I first started actually trying to get better at poker instead of just playing. We all get pissed at times. Some of us blow up. He's just in the public eye.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There were moments last year when he would lose it on camera at the WSOP, and they were largely understandable. This year a bad tempered undercurrent seemed to be running through his streams, with him swearing heavily and affecting a tough guy persona (a little ludicrous in a shrimp sized guy). Even Joey Ingram said he looks like he is constantly spoiling for a fight. There was already embarrassment before the WSOP kicked off with him making erroneous statements about the main event being held on GG Poker where he is an ambassador. He initially claimed it a freeze out and then had to walk that back completely.

Maybe it's Roid rage....:burnout:

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched this live and I just laughed. It's kinda weird how Twitch allows user to comment anything, even if it's insulting, but once the streamer say something they ban them.

I actually started liking Daniel more after I saw his streams, he was just basically talking about anything hahaha.