Daniel Negreanu addressed his controversial tweet

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw this

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv9qMZiHNyE/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qzmfx8aivz7b

And I have to add on to what I mentioned earlier. Poker is universal and cosmic and it will evolve. The link above shows Daniel speaking on his thoughts of what he feels at the time. As I listen, I can understand what he means in turns of the game being fun. On the other hand (playing devils advocate) the guys that are playing at high stakes took poker very seriously to get where they are. They are not going to change their professional stance just for Daniel. With that being said, Daniel is one of the EXTREMELY few if not the only player to have fun at the table and be seriously in tune with his reads and skills. That’s talent, something you were born with. Most of us players have to build skills to an elite level to get the reads he gets just having fun. But I’m sure he may not see it that way. But I understand what he means, coming from his perspective.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's pretty much the face of poker. IMO he can say whatever the hell he wants.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is very impulsive person always says what he wants the way he thinks so that’s nothing new about him people already knows the he is. I don’t think he needs to apologise.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have won as much as Daniel you can say what you want. But he is right. Would be nice to see showmanship at the tables . It's nice to see people talking having a good time. Good Luck![emoji812]️

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He Should Apologize

Daniel should apologize,

Nit's and all should be allowed to play their style of poker and enjoy it. If everyone is tight then there is nothing wrong with that, and if every one is loose there is nothing wrong with that. Its the dynamics of the table and the game of poker.

Remember the tweet Daniel Negreanu posted regarding the traits of poker players who are good or bad for poker?

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-news-events-63/daniel-right-wrong-413961/

Well, we have a follow-up.

Daniel Negreanu Clarifies Controversial Tweet on Negative Traits Poker Players Possess

Should Daniel apologize for his viewpoint or criticism?

R

rjwhite99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong he is.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only people who should be worried about what is good/bad for the game are high roller cash game players or people who want to make money on other things poker related (books, coaching, hosting games etc.)

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's funny. Personally, I believe his original intention was to describe the "Players who are the worst ones I play against". No one wants to play against a "winner", unless you don't mind losing money. My opinion is Daniel should have doubled-down and added a few to the mix. Players who refuse to tip their dealer, players who constantly try to tell you how you misplayed the hand, players who win a big pot and immediately leave the table (or worse, they then buy back in for the minimum).

I think there are a lot of player types that make it less enjoyable to play poker and he was probably just fed up with someone in particular's BS.

F

FOS1300

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most people have posted on here, this is his opinion. We all have our opinions and can express them if we choose. I my not totally agree with them, but again that is each persons choice. Don't apologize for anything if that is what you believe.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is a great poker player if he said it was for something but still his comments I see them out of place each one is how he wants to be at the tables, his tweet does not reflect the good or bad players reflects the marketing power that can have a player

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel is spot on here, but I can see why some may disagree.

To disagree with Daniel is one thing. It’s entirely another thing to suggest Daniel doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

100 percent I’d take Daniel’s opinion on anything poker related over a bunch of micro grinders on a poker chat page.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel is such a fraud. Used to actually like him when I was younger because he was enjoyable to watch with how he communicates with others on the table. Than you realize that the guy is not even a good person after all no matter how much you see him on tv acting all friendly and polite. He lies about things in the poker industry that he knows are wrong but says it anyway because it benefits him financially to say it.

Based on Daniel's standards here most of the top players are bad for poker. Should they be banned and not be allowed to play?

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning players aren't good for poker because they only withdraw money out of the economy. Whereas, rec. players/fish/VIP's are great because they deposit endlessly for people like Daniel.

Rather ironic, that he dislikes the same type of player that he is himself.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just controversial to stay in the news.

B

blackdust_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its just his opinion no need for him to apologise. I actually find him quite funny.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniels beliefs are his views whether people like it or not he is entitled to his opinion and should not have to apologize to anybody in my humble opinion.:)

The kid is a little prepotent, i think ;):icon_rr:

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel should apologize,

Nit's and all should be allowed to play their style of poker and enjoy it. If everyone is tight then there is nothing wrong with that, and if every one is loose there is nothing wrong with that. Its the dynamics of the table and the game of poker.
Everybody is looking for an apology. Why should he? Why should anyone? I have my opinions you have yours he has his. Should you now apologize because your opinion doesnt match mine? In this vast world you will find many that dont agree with your views, just move on. They owe yoo nothing and you owe them the same.