Daniel Negreanu addressed his controversial tweet

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniels beliefs are his views whether people like it or not he is entitled to his opinion and should not have to apologize to anybody in my humble opinion.:)

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am surprised as smart as he is, he thinks good poker player's need to be talkative etc. I just assumed he knew basic psychology, but clearly he doesn't. There are different temperaments people have, and for my ex favorite poker player to say the things he does, makes me dislike him altogether.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I mean if that's how he feels, it is what it is.

He shouldn't have to apologize for his viewpoints even though the majority don't agree.

It was just weird for him to say that all poker players should be a certain way.

Sounds like a heat of the moment tweet that he regrets.

(Or not considering he got a lot of peoples panties in a bunch)

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he's entitled to his opinion right or wrong , Helmuth has also said things people don't agree with, so all adds to the variety in poker , love or hate them ,
for sure though it does seem uncharacteristic of Daniel, but hey we all have our bad days , perhaps he was aiming it at some person or group in particular ?
in any event it has tarnished his public image a bit lol , sorry Daniel , everyone just found you're human after all :p

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The accusations of him "Promoting a company that stole millions from it's users" is nonsense. pokerstars never did this.. in fact, I happen to remember them BAILING out black friday and paying back all of the FTP users who weren't even their responsibility really.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Daniel did not apologizing, he just explains his perspective and addresses critics who attacked unfounded.:2in1:

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same he has his own views just like the poker brat phil hellmuth that stirs up alot tony g or the mouth we all have our own i dont think he should apologize

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he should apologize for his opinion in this case. Right or wrong, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion, Daniel is creating conversation. I guess people were paying attention...sort of...since there have been a few who did not quite understand the purpose of his tweets.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like they say,,,opinions are like a-holes,,,everyone has one. :bootyshak Daniel isn't perfect,,,but he tries,which is more than most people.:rolleyes:

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Daniel is entitled to make this kind of affirmations and if people thinks that he is influenced by stars to tweet like this, you should not play on stars nor follow him on twitter i think.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm glad he shares his opinions. It doesn't seem like he is taking back anything he said besides what he said about being a quiet players. He said he meant to say rude players. Which makes senses to me. I like his later list better than his first list. I'm a quiet player who enjoys the company of most players at the table. I also don't like rude players at the table. They are a drag to deal with at the table.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
That's Daniel opinion and I think it should be respected. To be honest I disagree with him but do not forget that many people complain about PokerStars . There must be something fishy.

reggzz

reggzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. He expressed his point of view and has every right to do so. Moreover, he is a man who really understands poker.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The accusations of him "Promoting a company that stole millions from it's users" is nonsense. Pokerstars never did this.. in fact, I happen to remember them BAILING out black friday and paying back all of the FTP users who weren't even their responsibility really.

Definitely. I had money on PS and FT... I got my PS money within a few months of Black Friday, FT I had a significant amount and only got it back when PS bailed them out. So thankful to them, wish I could use their site again. Not gonna risk it with VPN or anything.

As far as Negreanu, certainly entitled to his opinion, and I do see the value of talk at the table in general. I rarely talk during a hand... I rarely talk during other peoples hands (especially if someone is all-in or big decision). But I also subscribe to the 2 up 2 down rule, trying to befriend the people on my side of the table since they are in blinds when I'm button, or vice versa. Someone else said do what's in your comfort zone... That I totally agree with!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, but I would hate to sit at a table with a man who smells bad, it certainly will affect for a comfortable game and a good rest, maybe I did not understand the question, sorry. Thank you!

Quote Todd about fish needs more to bring cheer and communities )))

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Daniel has earned the right to voice his opinions whether others agree or not. I agreed with a lot of his first post though. I like to play at tables with upbeat fun people instead of people I suspect are miserable because thats the impression they give. But nobody cares about opinions of ordinary folks just those of famous people.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all the oldie but goodie players are trying to stay in the spot light in the wrong ways.
Daniel stepped in it by making this post and had to take back most of what he said. It was classic put your foot in your mouth situation for Daniel and he had to step back and say hey that's not what I ment to I ment to say that.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would’ve told people to pound sand plain and simple....they don’t have to read what he posts or follow him and it should be that simple but it isn’t and this is why I don’t have social media anymore because that’s all people do on it is bitch and complain about anything and everything....there are people on there that would bitch about free money...

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can somebody help me? I cant register tweeter. cant enter number

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like has been said here before, everybody has an opinion and Daniel expressed his. I also enjoy a talkative table.

K

KoreasFinest213

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like daniel, i think hes a good person with morals. Ppl have tweeted way way way worse things lol. Give the guy a break lol. He has the right to his own opinion, but the public always takes things to heart.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm pretty sure he's talking about from a social aspect of the game and he finds quiet nits boring. As a (sometimes) quiet nit in live poker... I take no offense to it lol.

Jammen

Jammen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just an opinion and he is probably right.