Computer "unbeatable" at HU Limit Hold'em

E

EKA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. I've played 5 matches with this bot. First 2 I lost, then I adjusted my stategy, and now it's 3-2, my advantage. Actually, it's very easy to beat a player doing the same strategy all the time. Try :)

HCMI

HCMI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how can I play against this computer program?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was even the first game with the bot did not finish the. Maybe it's just my browser does not correctly shows the dealt cards. I can see ones cards on the table and write on the right after the drawing of dealings totally different. Anyway to play with the bot has no interest.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't really good limted hold'em its boring, but is good to start, less money/chips lost! Don't enjoy that different way to play poker...
But good post, thanks for sharing!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful says bots are hard to beat butt they are beatable

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Humans make crazy things.Watch how the world is changing.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played this computer recently thought it was really interesting to see how it played

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you ever allow a machine to play a game, this
is why some sites haven't been safe to play on in past times,
dont think they are going anywhere anytime soon

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soo what happens when it plays against its self?

If I remember correctly, that is one of the ways that they were able to "train" Cepheus.

This is from the project's website: "Cepheus accomplished this goal with no human expert help, only being given the rules of the game. It was trained against itself, playing the equivalent of more than a billion, billion hands of poker. With each hand it improved its play, refining itself closer and closer to the perfect solution. The program was trained for two months using more than four thousand CPUs each considering over six billion hands every second! This is more poker than has been played by the entire human race."

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, it's very easy to beat a player doing the same strategy all the time. Try :)

This is true. It is also important to remember that Cepheus is only this good at heads-up play. Adding just one more player would take much of the edge away from Cepheus. Limit Hold'em is a very complex and engaging game, and the edge in heads-up play comes from the limited range of hands that a single opponent could possibly have, not exclusively from the limited size of the bets.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I beated him! They cancelled the program, for now. Sorry! LoL

L

longway1

Rising Star
Bronze Level