S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah if your not a complete idiot you can invest quite easily 1.5 million in say rental properties or some consistent form of income and if you can't than you really deserve to lose all your money, also it is quite stupid of Blom as he is not really doing too well for a long time now, and just cause you did well in the past does not mean you will get back to those heights, It's all a show to keep people like you watching, I for one do not understand this whole railing thing and why you would be interested in some idiots like Blom or Tom Dwan losing millions and no consistently, These players were good back a couple of years ago when people could not figure them out but now they are losing, well anyways I hope Blom goes broke im not a fan of his and I think he's a swedish loser :D Tony G might as well log into full tilt and bust him and then donate to russian orphanages, there are good high stakes playes but Blom or Tom Dwan are not one of them, if your graph goes up and down and up and down with no consistency you suck!

By that logic most of the top pro's suck lol, I don't think you understand the swings of poker. Besides how do you know that Blom hasn't invested in properties? no one knows the full extent of any poker players bankroll or their financial assets. For all you know Blom owns tons of real-estate.

I also think you are taking investing to lightly, and are watching to many "Flip this house" TV shows if it were that easy we'd all be rich, and if your that confident it be that easy I'd recommend going to a bank and getting a loan. Surely they will do it, it's easy money after all right?

Gus Hansen went down over 10 mil does that mean he suck? Phil Ivey is known as the best poker player in the world and his swings are crazy, and "inconsistent" does this mean the best in the world sucks? and to say Tom Dwan is figured out and sucks is IMO ridiculous =o

Most of the top players that are professional poker players are professionals because that's what they want to do for a living and that's why they continue to play, the money has influence obviously but its their dream jobs and it's what they choose to do.

It kind of seems to me is that you play poker as a means to an end and if you were to strike the jack pot you wouldn't keep playing or maybe your just a casual player who enjoys playing. Both are fine but if it's either questioning the financial decisions of the ones who don't play to quit is nonviable. (I looked that word up because I couldn't find the right word to end with lol)

Another Down swinger known for being one of the best Patrick Antonius had a 3mil down swing...

“I’ve been struggling a lot with my physical condition…I’m in rehab now for my back…My life always goes like this. Things go bad or good. I hate these moments when everything just goes bad. When I get better, everything usually gets better, too. It’s normal. Welcome to the poker world.” -PA

(Also I want to make it clear I'm not attacking you at all I know it can be hard to tell sometimes when reading because there isn't a tone of voice but it's not an attack at you I promise) <3

P.S. It's not nice to hope Blom goes broke, even if you don't like him. No need to wish ill on some one even if it's a financial ill, unless of course they deserve it like Howard Lederer but I don't think Blom has reached this stage.

Last edited:
B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By that logic most of the top pro's suck lol, I don't think you understand the swings of poker. Besides how do you know that Blom hasn't invested in properties? no one knows the full extent of any poker players Bankroll or their financial assets. For all you know Blom owns tons of real-estate.

I also think you are taking investing to lightly, and are watching to many "Flip this house" TV shows if it were that easy we'd all be rich, and if your that confident it be that easy I'd recommend going to a bank and getting a loan. Surely they will do it, it's easy money after all right?

Gus Hansen went down over 10 mil does that mean he suck? Phil Ivey is known as the best poker player in the world and his swings are crazy, and "inconsistent" does this mean the best in the world sucks? and to say Tom Dwan is figured out and sucks is IMO ridiculous =o

Most of the top players that are professional poker players are professionals because that's what they want to do for a living and that's why they continue to play, the money has influence obviously but its their dream jobs and it's what they choose to do.

It kind of seems to me is that you play poker as a means to an end and if you were to strike the jack pot you wouldn't keep playing or maybe your just a casual player who enjoys playing. Both are fine but if it's either questioning the financial decisions of the ones who don't play to quit is nonviable. (I looked that word up because I couldn't find the right word to end with lol)

Another Down swinger known for being one of the best Patrick Antonius had a 3mil down swing...

“I’ve been struggling a lot with my physical condition…I’m in rehab now for my back…My life always goes like this. Things go bad or good. I hate these moments when everything just goes bad. When I get better, everything usually gets better, too. It’s normal. Welcome to the poker world.” -PA

(Also I want to make it clear I'm not attacking you at all I know it can be hard to tell sometimes when reading because there isn't a tone of voice but it's not an attack at you I promise) <3

P.S. It's not nice to hope Blom goes broke, even if you don't like him. No need to wish ill on some one even if it's a financial ill, unless of course they deserve it like Howard Lederer but I don't think Blom has reached this stage.

Intresting points you bring out, makes me think and you are correct on many of things that you speak of, but my general opinion in this matter is bankroll management is better than huge variance swings, basically what im saying is don't spend too much time playing 1k/2k omaha and higher

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always fun to watch Blom's games, this guy is really insane!

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone knows what was the cards he busted in 10k WCOOP? and how it was played out