Blom Drops $1.5 Million

iec

iec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice video, it is incomplete though, many things have happened since then and many await us in the future :)
Nevertheless, they play with these millions as if it were play money.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good comprehensive video. but do not forget that he is really a phenomenon in poker, and for him this loss is just a temporary downswing

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good comprehensive video. but do not forget that he is really a phenomenon in poker, and for him this loss is just a temporary downswing

nah not really he hasn't had any major upswing for a long time now and people have figured him out, and i doubt he will ever get to the high peak he achieved before he got his roll massacred by hastings, the recreational players think he is the best but him and durr are very overrated to me, no point in playing if you are not gonna use the money you win the right way and have terrible brm...

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nah not really he hasn't had any major upswing for a long time now and people have figured him out, and i doubt he will ever get to the high peak he achieved before he got his roll massacred by hastings, the recreational players think he is the best but him and durr are very overrated to me, no point in playing if you are not gonna use the money you win the right way and have terrible brm...
if you do not go to the top or some peak towards the goal then why play at all? it seems to me there is much to achieve in poker, and it will do it))

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
must be nice to be able to play for millions, adrenaline rush must be amazing !!!

PS if he ever did go bankrupt there would be loads of backers to roll him

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you do not go to the top or some peak towards the goal then why play at all? it seems to me there is much to achieve in poker, and it will do it))

he reached the top and fell off, so there is not point in doing that either

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
well done vid. I like the 'observer chat' they show from FTP, lol.

was pretty sad to see him lose to Hastings... & then disappointing to hear the shenanigans had that occurred.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The legend of isildur vid is epic. Thanks for posting that.

jorzunik

jorzunik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually have good days and bad days
apparently is only in a slump

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The man is crazy, and durr is a poacher, lucky for now, but his time is coming. Killer video a nice break from the norm.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these high-stakes swings boggle the mind. I would definitely have to live on the ground floor to play at such stakes, so as not to hurl myself out a window after a long downswing

Mechanic44

Mechanic44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great wid. enyoyed it.
+ money swings get my eyes rollin.

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always say the same thing about viktor blom or you look like an idol or the biggest moron in the world! With this person no middle ground!

masondub

masondub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that video was awesome. And btw I really doubt $1.5 million is pocket change to isildur... yea he more then likely has more then that.. but a $1.5 million lose is a big lose...

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that video was awesome. And btw I really doubt $1.5 million is pocket change to isildur... yea he more then likely has more then that.. but a $1.5 million lose is a big lose...

If 1.5 million is pocket change than he would be very dumb to be playing online poker as much as he does, you don't see billionaires on Full Tilt blowing away millions cause there is no point! 1.5 Million may be as much as 25 or more percent of what Blom even has at this point after getting destroyed by Hastings

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If 1.5 million is pocket change than he would be very dumb to be playing online poker as much as he does, you don't see billionaires on Full Tilt blowing away millions cause there is no point! 1.5 Million may be as much as 25 or more percent of what Blom even has at this point after getting destroyed by Hastings

I thought he got his money back after Hastings was found guilty of data mining. Also 1.5 million is a lot of money but it comes with the swings of poker at the stakes they play but the swings can be just as high.

Afterall some players lost 1 million dollars in 1 tournament buy in

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought he got his money back after Hastings was found guilty of data mining. Also 1.5 million is a lot of money but it comes with the swings of poker at the stakes they play but the swings can be just as high.

Afterall some players lost 1 million dollars in 1 tournament buy in

I would not be playing or risking 1.5 million if i had it, that's just stupid that's more than enough money to invest into something and have a comfortable life with minimal or amount of work that you don't have to work 9-5 for, well unless you invest in something where you really want to work which is fine, but anyways it's just a waste of time i feel to go play online poker for those stakes

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blom just needs to consider changing his overall strategy and playing style by gradually tightening up while using his hard earned maniacal image. People will be paying him off so often based on his image.

T

Theengenir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Where he got all those money?
He only 21 age no?

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where he got all those money?
He only 21 age no?

he started off with like 2k dollars and built it up to millions, he said in 1 interview he started of with 50 usd but that is lie that he was told to say from pokerstars most likely to entice new players into playing, in other interview he said he started of with swedish krona that equated to 2k dollars so im gonna have to believe that

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not be playing or risking 1.5 million if i had it, that's just stupid that's more than enough money to invest into something and have a comfortable life with minimal or amount of work that you don't have to work 9-5 for, well unless you invest in something where you really want to work which is fine, but anyways it's just a waste of time i feel to go play online poker for those stakes

It's not stupid, he's investing in himself by playing poker. I play poker because I love poker. Yes the money is important but that's not why I play.. I play because its something I love.

Besides some people don't like to live that safe taking the easy route some people like that edge..

Playing for that stakes online definitely isn't a waste of time losing 1.5million is a lot but he had to make the 1.5 mil to lose it, besides 1.5 mil isn't the same to them as it is to us.

Poker is his job, and the higher he plays the more he can make. you don't see a billion dollar investor invest in the penny stocks to play it safe so why would a winning poker player play in the micros?

We get a little mad when we watch tv shows where billionaires buy a bunch of stupid stuff they don't need like diamond sprinkled toilet paper that cost 10k (its not real) and we go wow... if I had 10k I would be able to do this and that.. It's just not the same to us as it is to them.

and it's fine let billionaires and millionaires buy stupid stuff!! It's better them to spend money and get it back it to circulation then to hoard it.

On top of that you kind of make it sound like you can just invest or start a business risk free.. Investing and starting a business can be just as dangerous as poker if you don't know what you are doing.. Its a form of gambling in a way not the same gamble as poker but the gamble is still there.

Last edited:
B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not stupid, he's investing in himself by playing poker. I play poker because I love poker. Yes the money is important but that's not why I play.. I play because its something I love.

Besides some people don't like to live that safe taking the easy route some people like that edge..

Playing for that stakes online definitely isn't a waste of time losing 1.5million is a lot but he had to make the 1.5 mil to lose it, besides 1.5 mil isn't the same to them as it is to us.

Poker is his job, and the higher he plays the more he can make. you don't see a billion dollar investor invest in the penny stocks to play it safe so why would a winning poker player play in the micros?

We get a little mad when we watch tv shows where billionaires buy a bunch of stupid stuff they don't need like diamond sprinkled toilet paper that cost 10k (its not real) and we go wow... if I had 10k I would be able to do this and that.. It's just not the same to us as it is to them.

and it's fine let billionaires and millionaires buy stupid stuff!! It's better them to spend money and get it back it to circulation then to hoard it.

On top of that you kind of make it sound like you can just invest or start a business risk free.. Investing and starting a business can be just as dangerous as poker if you don't know what you are doing.. Its a form of gambling in a way not the same gamble as poker but the gamble is still there.

yeah if your not a complete idiot you can invest quite easily 1.5 million in say rental properties or some consistent form of income and if you can't than you really deserve to lose all your money, also it is quite stupid of Blom as he is not really doing too well for a long time now, and just cause you did well in the past does not mean you will get back to those heights, It's all a show to keep people like you watching, I for one do not understand this whole railing thing and why you would be interested in some idiots like Blom or Tom Dwan losing millions and no consistently, These players were good back a couple of years ago when people could not figure them out but now they are losing, well anyways I hope Blom goes broke im not a fan of his and I think he's a swedish loser :D Tony G might as well log into full tilt and bust him and then donate to russian orphanages, there are good high stakes playes but Blom or Tom Dwan are not one of them, if your graph goes up and down and up and down with no consistency you suck!