'Black Friday' and associated fallout megathread

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have we discovered yet whether or not GBT now actually owns FTP?
If NO, then everything those guys report is speculation,
if Yes, then I would expect FTP to go big in an attempt to retain customers, and prevent a fast huge drain on their coffers.

There will be a huge RUSH to withdraw, but a lot of FTP customers will give the revamped site a chance, especially since they will already be rolled there.

USA????....if only......:(

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wonder if Weird Al would be interested in doing another American Pie parody?

Why? Why, Mr. DoJ guy?
I was baller, stackin dollars when FTP went bye-bye
Now I'm rollin at the quarter, from big fish to small fry
Saying one time to a scummy French guy
One time oh you scummy French guy.

The Day My Bankroll Died.

I can see the vid in my mental theater. :D

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no doubt about it. FTP has/had the best client in the biz.

-

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wonder if Weird Al would be interested in doing another American Pie parody?

+1

Why? Why, Mr. DoJ guy?
I was baller, stackin dollars when FTP went bye-bye
Now I'm rollin at the quarter, from big fish to small fry
Saying one time to a scummy French guy
One time oh you scummy French guy.

The Day My Bankroll Died.

Bravo!!! Postively brilliant. You are a true phenom, WVH.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you got to fulltiltpoker.eu there are definite signs of activity, like they are testing things etc. A certain other forum is going ape over it and it does appear to be legit. Also, more and more reports are coming in about pocket kings hiring staff.

In before: "I'll believe it when I see it" "Pointless rumors" etc.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feds +$6 Million more - Players $0

Another payment processor money grab.

http://www.legalpokersites.com/blog...-nearly-6-million-from-online-poker-proceeds/

LST Financial, a San Antonia based financial services provider is forfeiting almost $6 million in proceeds made from processing payments made to players who participated in online gambling. LST agreed to return these funds after the feds froze an undisclosed amount of money owned by the firm. Most of the frozen funds were not proceeds made through online gaming.

The firm has agreed that it will never support an online gaming establishment again, either directly or indirectly. However, it also affirms it was not at fault.

LST said that three different online poker firms misrepresented themselves as another type of business. The firm issued a press statement claiming that it had no idea it was supporting online gaming establishments. The firms in question are reportedly Pokerstars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker.

Prosecutors are inclined to believe LST Financial’s claims that it didn’t knowingly support an illegal gambling business. The firm that accepted the funds is reportedly owned by Ryan Lang. Back in April, Lang admitted that he setup shell companies from Canada to act as an intermediary between poker companies and banks. Many of the banks involved in the scheme Lang setup had no knowledge that they were involved in anything remotely associated with online poker.

Michael Bachner, an attorney for the financial processing provider, said that his client is grateful the feds were willing to negotiate this agreement. LST now has access to the funds that were not associated with any the earnings from online gaming providers.

Prosecutors have not stated any intention of filing criminal charges against any of the executives at LST Financial..

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like he's doing a good job of keeping them safe . he knows how much they made and will get large chucks of it . he's changing his name to Ian imrich now :) thanks for the link .

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Latest lawyering in US v. pokerstars (Lederer, Ferguson, Furst) SDNY civil forfeiture proceedings

Aug 28th Lederer's lawyer to Judge Sands requesting conference to discuss effect of DiChristina case poker ruling

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/defense-request-for-status-conference-re-60315/

Aug 29th Preet Bahara to Judge Sands:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104425092/8-29-12-USAO-Letter-to-SDNY-re-U-S-v-PokerStars-et-al

No meeting necessary because they "intend" to file a second amended complaint on or before the...deadline."

How to suck up: "Accordingly, while the Government is always happy to meet with the Court, we do not believe a status conference is warranted at this time."

Aug 31st Lederer's lawyer to Judge Sands in response to Preet's letter:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104552665/8-31-12-Ltr-to-SDNY-re-U-S-v-PokerStars-et-al

"We are also mindful of the Government's comments about filing an amended complaint that includes new forfeiture theories--presumably theories that were deemed unworthy of inclusion in the original complaint."

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Only jail time and bankruptcy works for me.Those clever dick lawyers will probably sue us players for slander,... and win:(

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
www.fulltiltpoker.com

Statement

As part of its agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), PokerStars has obtained the assets of full tilt poker, and will use these assets to re-launch the Full Tilt poker site. PokerStars has also committed to the full reimbursement of funds owed to Full Tilt Poker customers outside the United States within 90 days of formal closing of the deal, which will be by November the 6th. United States Full Tilt Poker players will be dealt with by the U.S. government.
We will set aside a separate account holding the full amount to cover all outstanding player balances outside of the U.S. and are working diligently to re-open the Full Tilt site as soon as possible. This process will take time as we verify account ownership and balances and work with authorities in the relevant jurisdictions to ensure that we can return funds in an efficient and effective way. Again, our agreement with the DOJ means these funds must be available by November the 6th.
Going forward, Full Tilt Poker will maintain a segregated account with more than enough funding to ensure that player funds are fully available for use or withdrawal at any time.
We understand that former Full Tilt players have many questions and we will strive to answer as many as possible as soon as we possibly can. Below is an FAQ addressing many initial questions. We will continually update this FAQ as more information becomes available.

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keeping a close eye on this...need to get a finger in the cracks to get a legal foothold - then lobby the fk out of Washington.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its nice to get something other than the Seizure page when going to FT.com.

A little disconcerting (actually a lot ) that Stars seems to be dumping the US issue on the US government without offering specifics, which they must know of.

Curious, if the US government (DOJ) fails to reach out within the 60 days of finalization, what happens?

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can blame Stars for that. I'm sure that's ALL the DOIJ (Dept of InJustice). Remember, the DOIJ is looking to hire a payment processor.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack