Best player remaining in Main Event?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed. Partially. Re-read their bios. They are not successful except for Pro Video Game Boy and JohnnyBax. But they've all played a shitton of events, and if they're not employed elsewhere, they are Pros. Not like Billy Pappas, unfortunately.

Good point, but you know that they will spin it that that are no pros since Ivy, Hellmuth, and Negreanu aren't playing. They did that the year that Jacobson won.

Anybody want bets on Bax TID, hit me up. You get Bax, I get the other 8.

What is the betting odds, or are you looking for straight up? Just curious unless it's 20 to 1 (field to Bax). He doesn't have a Mckeehen lead, and it is poker. :)

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point, but you know that they will spin it that that are no pros since Ivy, Hellmuth, and Negreanu aren't playing. They did that the year that Jacobson won.

What is the betting odds, or are you looking for straight up? Just curious unless it's 20 to 1 (field to Bax). He doesn't have a Mckeehen lead, and it is poker. :)

Since I stopped "gambling" years ago (Do I need to post video of Matt Damon in Rounders pointing out that Poker is not gambling (well, at least not fully)?) I stopped looking at Vegas odds on everything. So I wouldn't really know. Seems like it'd be a really good deal if I got it straight up. Seems like you're indicating I have to give some action and odds on it though.

Also, to your first point, I don't disagree with you, but who is the "they" you are referring to? It could be Norman ButtF Chad and Lon "holdem is 2 + 5 cards, right?" McCharean. But the rest of the coverage team INCLUDES Esfandiari, Hellmuth, Negraneau, and Kara Scott. So for THEM to claim no pros because THEY'RE not in it would be too egotistical for even Hellmuth. I woudn't really expect even Norman Chad to suggest this because even though he may dismiss Bax as an online phenom (which would be a mistake), he, in year's past has been all up Griff's ass. He even suggested that Griff and Tony Jerkoff No Respect play head's up for the title even though there were still like 50 or so left at the time.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I stopped "gambling" years ago (Do I need to post video of Matt Damon in Rounders pointing out that Poker is not gambling (well, at least not fully)?) I stopped looking at Vegas odds on everything. So I wouldn't really know. Seems like it'd be a really good deal if I got it straight up. Seems like you're indicating I have to give some action and odds on it though.

Also, to your first point, I don't disagree with you, but who is the "they" you are referring to? It could be Norman ButtF Chad and Lon "holdem is 2 + 5 cards, right?" McCharean. But the rest of the coverage team INCLUDES Esfandiari, Hellmuth, Negraneau, and Kara Scott. So for THEM to claim no pros because THEY'RE not in it would be too egotistical for even Hellmuth. I woudn't really expect even Norman Chad to suggest this because even though he may dismiss Bax as an online phenom (which would be a mistake), he, in year's past has been all up Griff's ass. He even suggested that Griff and Tony Jerkoff No Respect play head's up for the title even though there were still like 50 or so left at the time.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the correct odds would be; one of the math people would have to chime in on that one. By taking the field, you would have a major edge at straight up.

Yes, I was referring to Norm and Lon. I think Tuck and the random pros that he had on his live stream would be optimum for the Main. I might tune in to see how bad they (Norm and Lon) butchers this.