Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The 2020 WSOP is going virtual!

Each of the 85 bracelet events this year will be earned online at both GGPoker and
WSOPcom. Players from all around the world will have an opportunity to compete for poker glory beginning July 1, 2020.

WSOP Schedules Mega Online Bracelet Summer Series Between WSOP.com and GGPoker

Hey Shells,

I thought they were still hoping to play possibly later in the year in Vegas as well if things settle down and its safe. Have they officially said its done this year live? I can find anything saying that the case. While I still doubt it will happen i can hope it will.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think this is good for poker although it will be a different kind of WSOP for sure .... sadly as others have already mentioned just another summer for those of us who live here and it's really sad that we can't play a game that is a part of American culture .... for those who will play ... Best of luck !!!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey Shells,

I thought they were still hoping to play possibly later in the year in Vegas as well if things settle down and its safe. Have they officially said its done this year live? I can find anything saying that the case. While I still doubt it will happen i can hope it will.

Hi Kenny,

I don't know if there will be any live poker at all this year based on what I am reading. I went to the WSOP website and they don't really state there will be anything in November, so this might be the best option they can come up with for 2020.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love to try to win a bracelet! I'm not quite there yet though :(. SO MUCH GRINDING TO DO! LOL :p

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy to see it not a year lost for poker..

GL for all entrys

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it is awesome for everyone except those in the US. :(

Yes, unless you are in one of the states that allows WSOP.com, you'd have to either re-locate to one of those states, or internationally to play on GG Poker (canada/mexico/somewhere else).

Very pleased to see this, although not the same but its better than nothing.

anyone who wanted to play the WSOP in the US had to fly there. with NJ also available it can save people the cost of flight and time if they can drive. Of course its still not THE WSOP experience, its pretty neat. Also there site states they still want a fall WSOP 2020 to happen. So maybe we'll be fortunate enough for both.

I am going to drive to NJ for a week to play some events. GL everyone.

Best of luck to you. I remember your deep run in the Main Event from a few years ago. Here's hoping that your online skill will give you an edge over many who are mostly live players.

Good news, I always dreamed of an online wsop with bracelets. Too bad this year I think it will not be possible to participate, but maybe next year I will participate. Does anyone know if next time will be online again?

WSOP in recent years offered an online event or two, so the online element is something that's not going to go away in the future. You just have to meet the requirements to play in those online events.

how rare that pokerstars has been left out of delivering bracelet

They haven't really directly been delivering bracelets in recent years, especially post Black Friday, as they haven't offered any satellite series for WSOP. They only offer events for PokerStars branded live series.

Never played on either of those sites, good excuse to check them out...

Maybe I can sneak into an event via satty... :biggrin:

Pleased to hear the WSOP is going ahead, even if in virtual format..

:icon_thum

You might want to check either WSOP or GGPoker, depending on where you are to see if they are offering satellites to the bracelet events. I can't imagine that they wouldn't, given that they did exactly the same thing at the Rio during the live series.

That sounds interesting. Hopefully we'll get to watch it online or on ESPN. 2021 will be big for the WSOP.

If you check Twitch, you will almost for sure find some kind of live streaming of the series. GGPoker has a Twitch channel, so check it out. I am not sure if there are going to be other streamers doing the same thing, but that's the one that comes immediately to mind.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if they will do any Twitch streams to broadcast this? Also will they reveal the players behind the screen names? Not sure if the terms of playing make you put your real identity somewhere. There is always a wavier for something.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wonder if they will do any Twitch streams to broadcast this? Also will they reveal the players behind the screen names? Not sure if the terms of playing make you put your real identity somewhere. There is always a wavier for something.

It wouldn't surprise me if PokerGo offered some kind of stream with this.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I love Shells news! :)

Wow, super cool - thanks for info! :)

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for the information!) So we will conquer the WSOP) By the way GGpoker, a very good room, I really like it, especially since statistics are not collected for additional programs, and it is forbidden to use programs. Go ahead for bracelets !!!)))))

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so excited when I heard this news. Then I looked into it further and found out you have to live in Vegas in order to be able to play. I wish they would legalize online poker for all of the States in the United States. Since I live in Texas I wont be able to play. I would like to wish everyone best of luck if you are able to play in it. I have played in a few WSOP events and have cashed. I use to go every year, trying to win that WSOP bling, ring or bracelet!

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can i say? Good luck to everyone participating.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As stated before, this sucks for most Americans.
I would almost consider a quick flight to New Jersey, but I've seen no assurances about how the integrity of the game will be established.
Does anyone know if the sites are banning huds, bots and how are they going to deal with ghosting and collusion among other things?

K

kristenmm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yay!

I am actually so excited to try this!

WSOP