Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Does anyone know if there is a bank fee charged for withdrawing from 888? When withdrawing from 888, a 30 dollar fee was deducted by the bank. Has this ever happened to anyone? I thought the rate was too high

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you were using a wire transfer, that is normal. You should try using a different method, but you have to use it to deposit first before you can use the same to withdraw.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you were using a wire transfer, that is normal. You should try using a different method, but you have to use it to deposit first before you can use the same to withdraw.
But does this only happen on the 888? Because I've already done it on other platforms and this never happened. What is the best method to prevent this from happening?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But does this only happen on the 888? Because I've already done it on other platforms and this never happened. What is the best method to prevent this from happening?
I only know that it does happen on 888 if you use wire transfer to withdraw. I have never used this method after seeing how much the fees were.

I mentioned that wire transfer would be the only method available to you if you never made any deposits. If you want other withdrawal methods, you need to use them to deposit first. I am not sure what deposit methods are available to you in brazil. You will have to do some research to see which one is best with fees.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
The only pokerroom where you don't pay insane fees are PS and ACR.
When I withdraw from PS I have basically no withdrawal fees
GG charges a lot for withdrawal and even deposit is 1% . They do make up for it though..
Cashback every monday is so awesome...55 bucks for me past monday.
888 charges too as you have experienced

Im no expert but maybe the charges are in fact not from the pokerroom but the moneytransfer services we are using . Bank or e wallet.

I think the only reason why I pay nothing on fees at PS is because they have a nicer contract with skrill than the other rooms ( I use only skrill on any site I use )

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I closed my 888 account when we were ring-fenced here in Ontario, took me months to get my money but when I did am pretty sure there was no added fee but wouldn't swear on it.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the only reason why I pay nothing on fees at PS is because they have a nicer contract with Skrill than the other rooms ( I use only skrill on any site I use )
Huge nonsense 😅 GG is the only one of the big rooms that charges for withdrawals to skrill. Its the decision of GG to ask for that one dollar and they do it for every withdrawal method.

The biggest and most profitable room atm has to ask for one dollar everytime someone wants to withdraw ☺️

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Huge nonsense 😅 GG is the only one of the big rooms that charges for withdrawals to skrill. Its the decision of GG to ask for that one dollar and they do it for every method.

The biggest and most profitable room atm has to ask for one dollar everytime someone wants to withdraw. Go figure.
It's way more than one Dollar lol.
I withdrew 1000 and they charged me 35 bucks ^^

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's way more than one Dollar lol.
I withdrew 1000 and they charged me 35 bucks ^^
Is ur skrill account in euros? Then a currency exchange happened from the side of skrill which has nothing to do with GG.

Noone charged u 35 dollars to withdraw to skrill. The fee is one dollar.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Is ur skrill account in euros? Then a currency exchange happened from the side of skrill which has nothing to do with GG.

Noone charged u 35 dollars to withdraw to skrill. The fee is one dollar.
Probably the exchange rate yes...
Cause I thought 1% not one dollar. But that wouldn't make sense either , cause one percent of 1000 is certainly not 35 🤣 but 10

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have never paid fees on a bank transfer at PS.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether it varies from bank to bank or whether there are generally no fees.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the exchange rate yes...
Cause I thought 1% not one dollar. But that wouldn't make sense either , cause one percent of 1000 is certainly not 35 🤣 but 10
Ok so to clear things up:

on ps u can exchange dollars to euros directly in the cashier. Then when u withdraw them to a skrill account in euros, there will be no extra fees.

On GG this option is not available so when u withdraw ur dollars to a skrill account in euros, skrill will automatically convert them to dollars with their exchange rate+a fee.

Those fees are coming from skrill and not from the pokerroom(s).

@Ingryd

Probably withdrew dollars to her bank account and either 888 or her bank took a currency exchange fee.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
888 should implement crypto's withdrawal.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For obvious reasons poker sites dont cover fees charged by your own bank for recieving money. So the important here is, which bank you withdrew to, rather than which poker site the money came from. It will likely make a significant difference though, if the site has a local bank account in your own country. Transfers between two accounts in the same country are usually way cheaper and also faster than an international transfer.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Our bank doesn’t withdraw anything, just like 888 Poker transfers it to the card, I receive the entire amount, this is a Swedish bank.