When to withdraw ?

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like your opinion on when to withdraw. I heard from a pro player that you should not withdraw and keep your money in your poker account ... it allows you to gradually progress with higher limits and maximize your profit. It also allows not to deposit any more money, if you respect the 1/100 of your bankroll you can have money for life and the poker site becomes like a bank account where you have funds aside. In short, unless you use it to fund yourself for something essential, the money should stay in the poker account. Do you agree with this ideology? Do you know of any content that talks about this subject?

I ask myself the question because currently I have an amount that I find interesting in my bankroll, but I do not really want to fall back into small buy ins.

Thank you in advance :)

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I do not have the problem of a growing bankroll. I have alway envisioned that when I double my original starting bankroll, I would take half out, then keep growing from there. Then I’m perfectly de-risked.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Being from the USA, living in a state that does not offer regulated online poker, I will continue to keep as little as possible on the poker sites available to me.

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I do not have the problem of a growing bankroll. I have alway envisioned that when I double my original starting bankroll, I would take half out, then keep growing from there. Then I’m perfectly de-risked.
One of my goals would be to play $ 50 tournaments. To do this I need $ 5000 in my poker account. Now I'm at 750 so I can afford tournaments at $ 5.50- $ 7.50 ... If I take half out I would drop to $ 2.20-3.30. Okay, what you're telling me might work well for making money ... but I would feel like I'm regressing in a way. On the other hand, I don't always respect my bankroll management. I played tournaments at $ 27 $ 16.50 $ 11 ... Anyway, I'm going to meditate on it and play on small limits while waiting to find more answers to my questions. thanks buddy

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you withdraw and deposit again, you can get more bonus or tickets.
That could be a reason to withdraw

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes sense and yes. Keep in the site and use it to make more until you are comfortable taking some out.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That question really has 2 answers one for each US residents and non US.
1- if your lucky enough to live in a jurisdiction where online poker is legal and can play on regulated sites like GG, party poker, pokerstars, etc. then keep a bankroll that is comfortable for the limits your playing.
2- in the US where we’re forced to play on unregulated sites (I won’t name those because I play on them and don’t want to seem like I’m bashing them because I feel lucky enough to get to play) then I’d only keep an amount your comfortable getting confiscated if anything ever goes bad. I generally deposit a hundred or whatever an event I want to plays buy in is. If I run it up to over a grand I take everything out but the original hundred. Sometimes if I’ve run it up to 6 or 7 hundred and it’s been sitting for a while I’ll take out half but usually wanna wait.

Last edited:
stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I put in $ 20 and of course I manage to build $ 100 out of it, I will withdraw. then I pay again with $ 20 .. the plan is simple, just make it come out as it says: D

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like your opinion on when to withdraw. I heard from a pro player that you should not withdraw and keep your money in your poker account ... it allows you to gradually progress with higher limits and maximize your profit. It also allows not to deposit any more money, if you respect the 1/100 of your bankroll you can have money for life and the poker site becomes like a bank account where you have funds aside. In short, unless you use it to fund yourself for something essential, the money should stay in the poker account. Do you agree with this ideology? Do you know of any content that talks about this subject?

I ask myself the question because currently I have an amount that I find interesting in my bankroll, but I do not really want to fall back into small buy ins.

The bankroll is our everything, if you can afford to keep funds on the poker room and this does not affect your standard of living, then why should you drive funds and of course grow by the limits and good luck at the tables!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do retire and stay with the bank that I started and I keep doing the same to scale again, in some places I try to take advantage of a deposit promotion:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I agree with the pro. If a person is serious about Poker, that is a good plan. I can say that in 2019, I did withdraw monies for Christmas. My children were grateful. But in the end, it lies with what YOU feel is right for YOU. Stay Happy.

Cheers!

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Your friend gave you good advice. You don't need anywhere near 100Xs your buy in unless you're really bad at poker and it sounds like you aren't.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it matters if my bankroll is in my bank account or poker account when I can always transfer from one place to another.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you just play poker for entertainment you don't have to consider anything at all.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I withdraw often. The money is an idea that needs to be realized by putting it in your hand.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the use of winning if you do not withdraw ???

Sure, as a micro stakes player you may want to keep the money in the poker account
to be able to move up the stakes. But if you have more money in the account than a solid
bankroll for your limit requires then you can savely withdraw and enjoy your winnings.

Especially when you win big in tournaments, you should reward yourself by cashing out
a part of the money. It will keep up your motivation. Buy a little something you wouldn't
afford otherwise and you will be fully motivated to do it again.

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the use of winning if you do not withdraw ???

Sure, as a micro stakes player you may want to keep the money in the poker account
to be able to move up the stakes. But if you have more money in the account than a solid
bankroll for your limit requires then you can savely withdraw and enjoy your winnings.

Especially when you win big in tournaments, you should reward yourself by cashing out
a part of the money. It will keep up your motivation. Buy a little something you wouldn't
afford otherwise and you will be fully motivated to do it again.
I said to myself that i will cashout 1000$ when my bankroll will grow up to 2000$. I was at 750 few days ago and now i'm at 1130, so at this point, its easily possible.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have accumulated an amount of $ 100, I will definitely withdraw it. It's like the first salary in life

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with you! Unfortunately, this does not always work out for me, and I have to withdraw a certain amount every month ...

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already done that of not withdrawing but it has not gone well for me, it is lost, you think that you will double that amount and in the end you end up losing everything. :D Since that day I learned to make withdrawals but I do not withdraw everything only 90% and I try to take advantage of that 10%, in my skrill account together all the money earned in the many rooms that I play and at the end of the month I only withdraw $ 220 money enough to pay the basic services and the internet what is left over in beer. And what is left over in skrill I put it together until I have 220 so that the next month does not complicate me, since there are good months and horrible months :(:(

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although I play poker only on trusted and reliable sites, I never keep more than $ 500 in my accounts. I made sure that $ 500 was more than enough to play and earn.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if, in the past, you ever had money in a site that went under and you lost your money you probably will always withdraw frequently and never get your balance too high b4 cashing some out.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Night

I see that you are right on this subject. I had a few dollars in the account but I realized my daughter's dream to take her to a school supply store and let her choose her own school supplies. To see the joy on a child's face this is a good cause to use the profit of Poker. And now I'm playing the freeroll like crazy but what I've been getting is just a few cents. Very difficult to raise the bank again.
Let's continue paddling in search of the perfect island.;):)

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Unless you really need the money desperately for something else then it would make sense to keep it in your account and keep building 😁:cool:

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When my accounts hit $200 to $300 I withdraw, Being in the USA I never know if I'm fixing to be banned from playing on offshore poker sites. I take the money and run. ;)