ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friends. Today 02/19/2021, neteller and skrill users have received a notification explaining that these payment platforms will stop operating in our country, something that affects us largely because they are the main deposit and withdrawal methods. in poker rooms that operate in Venezuela. I see this news with great sadness because several months ago partypoker stopped offering its services in Venezuela and in the future pokerstars may make the same decision :(

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yeah, I was quite surprised when I read them. Wondering if it's just us or are there more countries in the list.

I've been using them since I started playing poker many years ago. They're the only methods I use to deposit/withdraw. Have to start looking for other options. I'm still in shock and sad/down about this.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is a hard blow for the Venezuelans who play in PS including myself. Stop playing on PS for the moment, but the most certain thing is that PS will also stop operating in Venezuela. Very bad news.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Betonline and Sportsbetting Poker removed both Neteller and Skrill at the start of February. Skrill still works on Pokerstars for me.

You guys can jump on a boat and come over to T&T it is not that far.

ecoPayz might be a good option for you guys to replace Skrill. It works on BOL, SB Poker, Pokerstars and ACR.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
ecoPayz might be a good option for you guys to replace Skrill. It works on BOL, SB Poker, Pokerstars and ACR.
Do you have EcoPayz as a withdrawal option? I only see it as a deposit option.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Yes ecoPayz is a withdrawal option for me.
The minimum withdrawal amount is $20
There is a 1% fee on ecoPayz withdrawals
Do you have EcoPayz as a withdrawal option? I only see it as a deposit option.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes ecoPayz is a withdrawal option for me.
The minimum withdrawal amount is $20
There is a 1% fee on ecoPayz withdrawals
Thanks.

Maybe the reason I don't have it as a withdrawal option is because I haven't make a deposit yet with it. Well, don't even have an account at ecoPayz, but I'll have to open one.

BTW, I read the emails from both Neteller and Skrill the day they sent them. Read that they will keep working for us until April 20, but I guess I was in shock pretty bad because I missed the part that says we can't fund our accounts anymore, only transfer what we already have in them. Read it today again and noticed that. I thought I had about 2 months to get money out from different poker rooms, at least most of my balance. I'm in pain right now, really. Can't believe they did it like that, should have given us some time. Unreal!

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the issue with them, or is it just online poker in general and they are the first line of attack?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Yes you need to make a deposit via ecoPayz in order to withdraw. It applies to any poker room and not just BOL.

Thanks.

Maybe the reason I don't have it as a withdrawal option is because I haven't make a deposit yet with it. Well, don't even have an account at ecoPayz, but I'll have to open one.

BTW, I read the emails from both Neteller and Skrill the day they sent them. Read that they will keep working for us until April 20, but I guess I was in shock pretty bad because I missed the part that says we can't fund our accounts anymore, only transfer what we already have in them. Read it today again and noticed that. I thought I had about 2 months to get money out from different poker rooms, at least most of my balance. I'm in pain right now, really. Can't believe they did it like that, should have given us some time. Unreal!

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What is the issue with them, or is it just online poker in general and they are the first line of attack?
It has nothing to do with online poker, in fact, nothing Venezuela did in terms of laws restricting online poker, gambling, etc.

My guess is it has something to do with politics, probably (venezuelan government being rogue). But I'm not 100% sure. The problem with these types of actions, for example, the ones taken by the US government against Venezuela, they really do no damage to the government, only the people suffer the consequences of them. Again, I'm not sure this is the case with Neteller/Skrill, it's just my guess.

BTW, I'm 100% against the venezuelan government and always have been.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes you need to make a deposit via ecoPayz in order to withdraw. It applies to any poker room and not just BOL.
Thanks.

BTW, what options do you have to withdraw money from ecoPayz? I've been reading about them, but I'm not sure. And they have 5 different levels, but it seems you can only be in the first two levels (which seem to be limited in this regard), unless you move large quantities of money (at least that's what it seems to be the case, I might be mistaken).

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the shutdown of Skrill and Neteller in Venezuela directly related to poker rooms? In addition to these payment systems, there are others that use poker rooms.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Betonline and Sportsbetting Poker removed both Neteller and Skrill at the start of February. Skrill still works on Pokerstars for me.

You guys can jump on a boat and come over to T&T it is not that far.

If I had the opportunity, I would go there, Joeisi. I have Neteller and Skrill for many years, it is a shame the closure of this in my country. Here in Venezuela every day a small window closes for us. Venezuela Freedom. SOS

Last edited:
FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Is the shutdown of Skrill and Neteller in Venezuela directly related to poker rooms? In addition to these payment systems, there are others that use poker rooms.
It's a decision made by Neteller and Skrill. Not by the venezuelan government, so it's not poker related.

And the thing that bothers me the most about them doing this is that they act like they are doing us a great favor in allowing us to use the money we have in both ewallets. As oppose to what? Literally stealing our money? How come they stopped allowing us overnight to withdraw our money from poker rooms (not allowing to fund Neteller and Skrill acounts from the moment they sent those emails) when those are the methods we have used to deposit? In my case the only ones I've ever used.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a decision made by Neteller and Skrill. Not by the venezuelan government, so it's not poker related.

And the thing that bothers me the most about them doing this is that they act like they are doing us a great favor in allowing us to use the money we have in both ewallets. As oppose to what? Literally stealing our money? How come they stopped allowing us overnight to withdraw our money from poker rooms (not allowing to fund Neteller and Skrill acounts from the moment they sent those emails) when those are the methods we have used to deposit? In my case the only ones I've ever used.

Why don't you use bank cards visa. On 888 only Visa passes for withdrawal without any losses. Of course, I do not know what taxes you have there when withdrawing to a card or% on bank transfers. But I know for sure that Skrill and Neteller charge a lot for services and belong to the same owner.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I got Gold vip for free.

Withdrawal to bank is my only option. Withdrawal to Credit Card is available only to European countries.

I was quite surprised as almost all the banks in my country are supported. It takes a while for transfer to go through and the bank account must be in the same name as on the ecoPayz account.

It takes about 12-17 days to receive. It costs $9 US for me on ecoPayz but they say it can vary from country to country between $7-$12 US. I also have to pay a small amount for currency conversion ecoPayz website says $1.49% for gold vip which looks about right. My local bank also charges me for receiving, it is $40 local currency that works to about $6 US.

It used to be so much easier, faster and cheaper before when I had the ecoPayz mastercard. Unfortunately they no longer offer this to persons outside of Europe it has been around 3 years since they stopped.

Thanks.

BTW, what options do you have to withdraw money from ecoPayz? I've been reading about them, but I'm not sure. And they have 5 different levels, but it seems you can only be in the first two levels (which seem to be limited in this regard), unless you move large quantities of money (at least that's what it seems to be the case, I might be mistaken).

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It differs from country to country.
Visa withdrawals have fees for me on 888 but I can withdraw via Neteller without fees.
Also although they have the same parent company I am only allowed to use Neteller and not Skrill on 888. I have asked them multiple times to use Skrill instead of Neteller and they said it is not possible not sure why this is.
Why don't you use bank cards Visa. On 888 only Visa passes for withdrawal without any losses. Of course, I do not know what taxes you have there when withdrawing to a card or% on bank transfers. But I know for sure that Skrill and Neteller charge a lot for services and belong to the same owner.

ProfesorParata

ProfesorParata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in Venezuela

Good afternoon, although an announcement appears to me that is an old topic, it is still very current and now they restricted it even more, I explain myself in PokerStar they reduced much more the Deposit and Withdraw options only to Visa, Master and Astropay, I cabao to create an account in PS and I realized that huge problem, I wrote to technical support and they only offered me as an option to give the money to a friend and then have him make a transfer between players, and when I replied, That was very good, but how would I receive the bonus for the first deposit, he kindly replied: "I'm sorry we can't do anything for you", the situation is very tragic, anyway, I'll see how to solve the situation.

Poker Tells