Intertops Deposit - Visa Gift Card accepted

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, thought I'd let everyone know I just used a visa gift card (you can purchase them from Safeway, Canadapost, etc..) and it went through at intertops. It got declined at both pokerstars and Moneybookers, so it's obvious it's being blocked but Intertops managed to put it through. It went through the paces a few times before going through so it seems that it tries different accounts on their end until one works (just my guess).

PS, I live in canada but I would think that it'll work with US cards as well as everything is processed in the US anyway. (The bank behind the gift card I used is Citizens bank)

The hardest part for me is getting money onto a site, once it's on it's simple to move money from site-to-site for free with moneybookers. (Not sure how everyone moves there money around but it's worth checking out, not sure if moneybookers is US friendly tho)

Game on.

Last edited:
TheCleverFox

TheCleverFox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may seem like a pain of a request, but you would you be able to maybe cover the numbers and upload a pic of the card?

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Prob

No prob at all man. The one I got you can get from any Canada Post office. It is the best deal by far... You can load up to $49.99 for only a $3.95 fee ($5.95 I think for more), and there are no monthly fees or anything else. They also have a card that costs $15 but you can reload it. There are other ones at Safeway, Macs..that are from Citizens Bank also but I think there are monthly fees (which doesn't matter if you use the whole balance soon enough after you buy it).

Attachments

• Visa Gift Card.jpg
    Visa Gift Card.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
TheCleverFox

TheCleverFox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really cool of you. thanks a bunch! looks like i might not be able to purchase it in the states though. don't know if i can maybe order it offline somewhere. anyway, for now i used an actual visa that i have (the barclay card they give when you finance at the apple store), but i think i'd rather go the western union route next time. thanks again!

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use a netspend card if you got to netspend.com and apply for a card theyll mail you one for free den u add money but it charges like 2 bucks wen u deposit in the card then just use it to deposit in ur account. website is netspend.com

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yo, I checked out both Netspend and Ukash.... For the Netspend, it seems decent but the reload stations are only in the US (I'm from Canada), you can use direct deposit, but I really don't want to give them my banking info to be honest, that's kind of the whole reason for using something like this to not have give away personal information or my real credit card. Plus there is a $5.95 monthly fee if there's 90 days of inactivity.

The Ukash does look like a pretty sweet option, I can purchase ukash at a bunch of locations in Canada and some poker sites directly accept Ukash so you know it's going to go thru. The fees are a little higher than prepaid visa card though. Plus I'm not sure if they would make you cashout back onto Ukash or not, that would suck, because you can only spend Ukash at certain places.

P

pman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Purchasing ukash the smart way is what am doing. Buying at shops is not smart, i but buying online. Instead of buying ukash at 1.55 or 1.60 to a pounds at shops, i do buy at 1.20 or 1.25 usd for gbp. So its all about knowing where to look, and withdrawals are processed back to bank account or your other online money accounts.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't bother with VisaGiftCard. Much better off using MasterCardGiftCard... they work on PokerStars!!! (VisaGiftCard used to work on Stars years ago but not for a long time now). MasterCardGiftCard works on most sites & they're available at lots of places (ie. Seven-Eleven, ShoppersDrugMart, etc.). Available in $25, $50, $100, & $200 increments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For Canadians your best option is to open a Moneybookers/skrill account. (You'll need to load it with a real credit card though..... a 'giftcard' won't work).
You can also wire funds directly from your bank account (Int'l bankwire transfer) to Moneybookers/Skrill.
It takes a bit of time to set it all up (at least 2-3wks.) as you'll also need to go through the 'mailing address' verification process. It is well worth the effort though as it is real simple to withdrawl funds &/or move them around to other pokersites.

My advice > go with a mastercard GiftCard so you can get playing right away but then for sure set up a Moneybooker/Skrill account. It just has way too many advantages to not do it. (ie. you can also have other people with Moneybookers account send you $'s to your Moneybookers account & vice versa).

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a US player. I always use a Visa credit card issued from my credit union. I never have a problem at Cake or Merge.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For Canadians your best option is to open a Moneybookers/Skrill account. (You'll need to load it with a real credit card though..... a 'giftcard' won't work).
You can also wire funds directly from your bank account (Int'l bankwire transfer) to Moneybookers/Skrill.
It takes a bit of time to set it all up (at least 2-3wks.) as you'll also need to go through the 'mailing address' verification process. It is well worth the effort though as it is real simple to withdrawl funds &/or move them around to other pokersites.

My advice > go with a MasterCard GiftCard so you can get playing right away but then for sure set up a Moneybooker/Skrill account. It just has way too many advantages to not do it. (ie. you can also have other people with Moneybookers account send you $'s to your Moneybookers account & vice versa).

I agree that moneybookers is dope to move money around sites, and its good for cashouts too.... BUT there inlies a huge problem, you still cannot get money on to moneybookers with a credit card. They make you choose if the funds will be used for gambling or non-gambling purposes, but if you choose 'gambling' then the credit cards get declined. And if you choose non-gambling, the credit card will work, but now when you try to put the money into a poker site it will get declined. The bank account option is not that great, I feel, as I really don't want anyone having my banking info.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree that moneybookers is dope to move money around sites, and its good for cashouts too.... BUT there inlies a huge problem, you still cannot get money on to moneybookers with a credit card. They make you choose if the funds will be used for gambling or non-gambling purposes, but if you choose 'gambling' then the credit cards get declined. And if you choose non-gambling, the credit card will work, but now when you try to put the money into a poker site it will get declined. The bank account option is not that great, I feel, as I really don't want anyone having my banking info.
Sending an International bankwire is really not a big deal (there is a fee though... I think BMO charged $25 which was pretty large for only a $100 bankwire). Point is, you get setup & have method to withdrawl back to your bank account from MB.