***All Things Cryptocurrency***

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank-you , I just saw they have operations in Canada - and that means I don't have to pay the difference on currency just to deposit .
Ones like that will get my business first :)

That's what we are here for. Hope you have fun trading.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
take in mind that sure you already financed and support USD.

Yes I know. It's the nature of "investment". That's what I don't like about it. At least the Venezuelans (like an investment in currency) are telling you that the Petro is theirs. Where does all the other crypto profit go?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like we have solid support for BTC at $10K. Does anyone else use TA?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is TA?

It's technical analysis. Using charting techniques to predict price movement. I'm looking for active traders to discuss different TA tools that work in the crypto market.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's technical analysis. Using charting techniques to predict price movement. I'm looking for active traders to discuss different TA tools that work in the crypto market.

One of the drawbacks that cryptos have, and stocks and bonds don't is the time delay. WIth all the charts I've seen lately, day traders in stocks can make money quick if they guess right. Quick being within a day.

With crypto's, I haven't seen anything move fast enough to catch a good price at any time, and make the moves fast enough to catch the bumps.

It might be that I just haven't found the fastest way to get in and out of the crypto's.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the drawbacks that cryptos have, and stocks and bonds don't is the time delay. WIth all the charts I've seen lately, day traders in stocks can make money quick if they guess right. Quick being within a day.

With crypto's, I haven't seen anything move fast enough to catch a good price at any time, and make the moves fast enough to catch the bumps.

It might be that I just haven't found the fastest way to get in and out of the crypto's.

I find it quite the opposite. If you use any exchange you get instant transactions. I have literally made an extra 9% in ten seconds, by having a high sell order get filled and rebuying at 9% less a few seconds later. with binance fees are only .15%

Also DGD has gained over 100% in 2 weeks and 400% in 6 weeks. Its extremely rare to see a stock perform anywhere close to that.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it quite the opposite. If you use any exchange you get instant transactions. I have literally made an extra 9% in ten seconds, by having a high sell order get filled and rebuying at 9% less a few seconds later. with binance fees are only .15%

Also DGD has gained over 100% in 2 weeks and 400% in 6 weeks. Its extremely rare to see a stock perform anywhere close to that.

Cool! Where is a wallet that can move that fast? My few transactions with Coinbase were nowhere near instant.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Binance is what I use, you have to start by sending the coins to it from coinbase or similar. I would recommend starting with ethereum, as it will transfer to the exchange cheaper and much faster than BTC.

Cex.io you can buy coins directly, and then trade on their exchange. But I have heard that transactions cost a lot more than Binance.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool! Where is a wallet that can move that fast? My few transactions with Coinbase were nowhere near instant.

I've gotten instant transactions at GDAX, but I'm mostly buying ETH to send to Binance. I haven't bought much Bitcoin though. I've noticed that sending Ripple from an exchange to Ledger Nano is quite fast.

Seems that the SEC is tightening the noose, demanding that all online exchanges register with them. Many altcoins were already hit hard and are looking worse today. I'm curious what Binance will do, and hoping that Coinbase will get their act together in a way that allows them to compete with Binance on coin offerings (hard to see that happening). No doubt it's a heck a lot easier to operate offshore without regulation.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i'm starting to use a strategy that some guy teached to use it for forex ( i know it can be used in anything) that basically consist in using a RSI, EMA's 9-26 crossing and a donchian channel. However last weeks have been bad to invest it's hard to find trustworthy signals.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like bollinger bands & dual RSI, how about you?

i'm starting to use a strategy that some guy teached to use it for forex ( i know it can be used in anything) that basically consist in using a RSI, EMA's 9-26 crossing and a donchian channel. However last weeks have been bad to invest it's hard to find trustworthy signals.
i havent traded cryptos yet (too scared of the volatility), but yes it is applicable i think

5ba25ce7cf88d4fe83af40031bac6576.png

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been looking into crypto

i have been looking at cryptocurrency and bit coins. and i'm still trying to figure how things work.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, awesome to see people still interested given recent price declines.

I would recommend starting with ethereum, as it will transfer to the exchange cheaper and much faster than BTC.

+1 ETH is the most efficient way to trade cyptos.

i'm starting to use a strategy that some guy teached to use it for forex .

Yeah, I'm reading some FX books since the trading strategies closely relate to crypto trading.

The main thing with cryptos and TA is that the price is 80 to 90% sentiment driven. That type of market lends better to TA. You lose some of that with stocks since it is weighted towards fundamental. Not saying you can't use TA for some stocks.

i like bollinger bands & dual RSI, how about you?

i havent traded cryptos yet (too scared of the volatility), but yes it is applicable i think

I just started with learning the different indicators and building a good strategy. So far I'm just using trend lines, MA, bands, and volume shown. Most people say to keep your charts simple, and have multiple zooms so that's what I'm trying. You sound pretty knowledgeable about TA. Do you have any resources that you recommend? Do you currently trade FX or stocks? Do you trade professionally or as a hobby? Sorry for the rapid fire questions :) I just get excited about analysis and a little gambling :)

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, awesome to see people still interested given recent price declines.
Price declines is often when I make the most. If everything starts dropping I put 80% in USDT or soon DGX. Then I rebuy once everything stabilizes. I just bought in again.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started with learning the different indicators and building a good strategy. So far I'm just using trend lines, MA, bands, and volume shown. Most people say to keep your charts simple, and have multiple zooms so that's what I'm trying. You sound pretty knowledgeable about TA. Do you have any resources that you recommend? Do you currently trade FX or stocks? Do you trade professionally or as a hobby? Sorry for the rapid fire questions :) I just get excited about analysis and a little gambling :)

overusing multiple indi can be very confusing, so yeah multi timeframe (to see the trends) & 2 max indicators (to determine entry/exit point) works best for me (i only knew 4 indicators actually to this day, macd, stoch, bb & rsi)

i only trade fx as a hobby & imo TA only helps 25% on the decision making process the rest are 25 % on fundamentals (news, gov policy & regulations) & 50% on bankroll management

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
overusing multiple indi can be very confusing, so yeah multi timeframe (to see the trends) & 2 max indicators (to determine entry/exit point) works best for me (i only knew 4 indicators actually to this day, macd, stoch, bb & rsi)

i only trade fx as a hobby & imo TA only helps 25% on the decision making process the rest are 25 % on fundamentals (news, gov policy & regulations) & 50% on bankroll management

personally i think the importance is 60% bankroll managenment, 35% TA and only 5% fundamental, maybe in crypto's fundamental are more relevant especially on bad news.
i'm newbie at trading but i know succesful traders that doesn't work with fundamentals.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Price declines is often when I make the most. If everything starts dropping I put 80% in USDT or soon DGX. Then I rebuy once everything stabilizes. I just bought in again.

Buying the dip is always a good thing when the market moves down. What is DGX? I couldn't find anything on that symbol.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like I'm on the right path then.

personally i think the importance is 60% bankroll managenment, 35% TA and only 5% fundamental, maybe in crypto's fundamental are more relevant especially on bad news.
i'm newbie at trading but i know succesful traders that doesn't work with fundamentals.

I would say only 5% of the cryptos would be close to having fundamentals. Most of them are speculative. If you look at the whitepapers, very few have actual products. Either way there seems to be money to be made.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buying the dip is always a good thing when the market moves down. What is DGX? I couldn't find anything on that symbol.

DGX is a gold backed coin that is supposed to be released this month. 1 DGX = 1g gold so the price will stay stable. I think the coolest part, is that DGD is the coin that they will use for DGX's proof of stake system, so DGD owners will collect the transaction fees.
They might have made the nuts.

Last edited:
C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
daf5f8a8ca3eaf76518e52e54a0902fd.png

i'm sharing this pic, this happened in 2016. you can take your own conclusion.

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it's no longer relevant to own a crypt, since every day you need to spend more resources on crib production than yesterday. Well, the production capacities of the infections built in China (huge mining factories) make the personal farms ineffective. :icon_compBut this is the deal of everyone to do with his money.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because coals out of date, doesn't mean electricity is going anywhere.

I think that it's no longer relevant to own a crypt, since every day you need to spend more resources on crib production than yesterday. Well, the production capacities of the infections built in China (huge mining factories) make the personal farms ineffective. :icon_compBut this is the deal of everyone to do with his money.

Yes BTC is old technology that is very inefficient, and it will one day die. But POS (proof of stake) uses stored finances to send and approve transactions. Which completely removes the need for mining operations. Which is why it is so much cheaper, and faster to send ETH based coins.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

but not all cryptos are minable.

J

jbteehee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cryptos

Just be careful when investing! there are many more bad ones then good ones. Check out Mr. archer, tell him Janis sent you!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DGX is a gold backed coin that is supposed to be released this month. 1 DGX = 1g gold so the price will stay stable. I think the coolest part, is that DGD is the coin that they will use for DGX's proof of stake system, so DGD owners will collect the transaction fees.
They might have made the nuts.

Thanks, I'll have to do more research on it.