You lose in online poker for hours?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm losing, I really try to leave the poker room and do something else, but sometimes I keep losing for hours until I realize how stupid it is to stay playing :(

dammacus

dammacus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How much time I spend?

Of, i spend about 4 hours/day playing at the tables, mostly on freerolls, and when i make money i may play 6 hous/ day. Good luck my friends.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I play at times of the day that is unemployed to have the concentration that is required, I have a monthly limit to spend money playing online I never exceed that amount, I do not put my economy at risk for the game, I have a lot of self control for that

:call2:

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me to determine the time spent at the table.
Can the number of hands or the value of the stack?
Maybe the amount that can be allowed to lose, to leave. or the amount of winnings to stop.

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand your question. But if you want to make poker then you have to put your life on the cards or a fight with the boys behind the barn.

emk4976

emk4976

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are a few questions you should be asking yourself when you play for a long time and lose. Am I playing on the right buy-in level if its a tournament. The lower the buy-in, the worse the play is? So try a higher buy-in with better players, its easier to bluff a player who respects your play compared to a calling station who does pay attention or know any better. Am I setting up a solid table image and am I exploiting it? Try playing a little tighter in certain positions on the table. You might be leaking chips calling raises to see a flop with marginal hands in positions that you should have folded preflop. Some times play hands to min lose instead of a max gain. Remember not every hand is a winner. Call in some spots preflop instead of reraiseing and check call instead of betting. Trying different approaches to each hands yields different results verses some players.

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play while doing something so that way not so accupied and think to much

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all have good days and bad days playing poker. Extend the good days and cut the bad days short. Poker isn't going anywhere- if you're not playing well, quit , analyze what you were doing wrong, correct it, and play again.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you need stop when you do not play your best game. That is not to say you have to enjoy every session you play! If you think back to your last twenty or so sessions, you have probably for understand.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had many sessions where I've lost for hours, but it's only as likely as winning for hours. Usually, it's a mix. If I find losing is changing my mood to negativity then I'll go do something physical for awhile, like mow the lawn, toss a ball with my grandson etc. This returns my head to a much healthier place and I generally end up playing better poker.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically I play about 12 hours a day to complete their scheduled number of tournaments regardless of bad day or good.try during the game than any other not to engage in or just take a whole day to relax.to do something..

R

Rob2007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play tight and aggressive i win but get loose and lose. after a couple hours i start to get loose and give back if winning....it is a vicious cycle

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is no game? First I reduce the number of tables. And I focus on one or two. If I lose, I close the session. There is a game - I play. I do not look at the clock.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always take a day off if im running poorly

dammacus

dammacus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
11 hours

Yesterday i had in my account 1,7 $ i managed to gain $ until i had 13,5, working 11 hours at omaha, blinds 1/2 cents. Finally i went down to 5,46 $ and i went to sleep suffering.

M

Mckee2300

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if i continue to lose or take bad beats i stop and take a break for a few hours. then when i am relaxed i come back and grind...

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is one of the things I have to improve many times and still play and play for wanting to improve a session sometimes you lose more than you win

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are such days. I stop when I think I can not lose anymore.

soulkurt

soulkurt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad feelings / Inner = Bad decisions

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm in a loosing streak I will just play for play money.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually just keep going, if its really bad then I take a break, if its really really bad I take a break and review all my hands.

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu says that when you are losing, that is the time to stop playing and come back later. When you are winning, that is when you should keep playing.

One of the biggest mistakes young players make is trying to get back losses. Keep that in mind. And a good rule of thumb is that when you are struggling, try bluffing less!