Can you do something else while playing poker online?

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Drinking mate and smoking, when I play I require all the necessary concentration.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I multi task while also playing poker.

Once I have hit a good game, I also sit out for a while and complete my other chores.

That way when I am back , I haven’t lost much in blinds and continue playing and working on other computer stuff at the same time.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For example, when I play poker, I can watch some video on YouTube or watch a stream on Twitch. Also sometimes I can listen to an audiobook. It doesn't bother me, but when I play more than four tables and do any of the above, I start to lose attention and can make mistakes. Then I turn everything off and just play poker. I would like to hear your opinion on this.
Of course, it is better to be completely focused on the game, but I often watch broadcasts of various sports during the game. Maybe it's not very good, but I'm already used to such a combination.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends if I am multitabling or not. But I usually listen to music while playing

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. No i can't. I just can hear some music during the game. Everything else just keeps me from the game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can I do something else while playing poker online?!. Of course, I can to do the anything in during playing Poker in online... Why not?!.
But...better not to do this! By one simple cause: because from this suffering a quality of my game... Checked out! That's it!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually focus on the game. I don't like when something is annoying me.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, it is better to be completely focused on the game, but I often watch broadcasts of various sports during the game. Maybe it's not very good, but I'm already used to such a combination.
When you play one or two tables, it becomes very boring. And when you watch some interesting video or do something else useful, it completely changes the situation. But, as I said, when you play a lot of tables, you need to focus only on poker. When I play a lot of tables, I just listen to music and do nothing else.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me, it really depends on the game(s) I'm playing -- what the entry/stakes are and what the prizes are.
For example, when I play $11+ games...these get my full attention. Here, it is not uncommon to stay at a table for considerable time before being broken up and moved to another. As such, I need to pay more attention to individual players, id'ing those to avoid, and those to exploit. I'll often spend more time with these games playing from the computer rather than playing on the phone App.
For public freerolls, things are changing so quickly that it is less useful to spend that much time focussing on the opponents and be more cognizant of spots, waiting for the right opportunity to get it all in and double up.
But for really tight games, like CC Freerolls, and League games, I already have quite extensive notes on non-noobs and know the field, so it takes less concentration. In such cases, I like to do something else whilst playing poker. Often that means cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, etc.
I do get what you mean though -- in terms of playing multiple games. It can get a little more hectic when you've got 4+ games going and trying to do something else at the same time. It's kind of like how poeple tend to turn the car radio down when they're looking for a specific address.
The brain can overload with inputs making it harder to efficiently process parallel operations.

MY FAVOURITE WAY to play online poker however, is two to four games, whilst online on Discord, with my other Poker buddies, whilst a Music bot plays tunes for us all evening. I've been playing poker with these guys for about 8 years (three online) and we golf together regularly as well as play boardgames and other card games. It was a lifeline for me during the pandemic!

Cheers,
JT

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I often watch sports while playing poker, yesterday was tough:
3 windows open with livesports on my screen (Handball, Basketball and American football) and only one with poker, I was busted early...

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I often watch sports while playing poker, yesterday was tough:
3 windows open with livesports on my screen (Handball, Basketball and American football) and only one with poker, I was busted early...

I assume you mean during Tourneys. If you're playing low stakes or freerolls all you need to pay attention to is the betting patterns of the loose aggro, player and keep the other eye on the nit.

Rinse and repeat when you are moved to another table.

Other than that entertain yourself during those boring periods and enjoy yourself. That's what it's all about.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I multi task while also playing poker.

Once I have hit a good game, I also sit out for a while and complete my other chores.

That way when I am back , I haven’t lost much in blinds and continue playing and working on other computer stuff at the same time.
Thats funny I have problems playing poker and chewing gum at the same time. It's one thing at a time for me

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I have 2 or 3 poker sessions a day. On the morning and afternoon sessions I try to stay focused on poker, but on evening session I usually listen to music and watch some streamers on YouTube or Trovo.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only thing I can do at the same time as playing is scream at the computer when I lose 😂😂😂 lol joking aside I have to be doing something else myself weather that be watching tv or playing more than one table… I cannot listen to music in the background though … strangely enough it puts me off but I don’t know why 🤔

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes for me it’s better to have the distraction of watching tv while playing because I’m focused more on my game and cards and stop letting other players get to me or affect how I’m playing. There’s definitely a benefit to playing the people as well, but I find I am more successful when I’m playing my game and less so playing the people so a distraction helps. I look forward to reading others comments on other distractions to consider.

Mahmudov041

Mahmudov041

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can listen to music while playing poker

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I play at one table, I play online chess in parallel and music is always on headphones, two tables- I can also play chess, well, 3 tables are just music

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In my opinion, listening to music helps even when playing poker. But I can't watch a movie or listen to an audiobook while playing poker. And it's probably not even that he interferes with poker, poker distracts from the plot.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unfortunately while playing live tourneys I can do a lot of day dreaming which often gets me dirty looks from the other players. ;) Online is a whole other story and I'll watch movies/videos, write letters, and post at places like CardsChat which I am doing now. :) Then of course if it is a lucky day for me I get to play using the screen I've mounted over my bed while I entertain a gentleman caller. ;) Guess that daydreaming extends to online games too. LOL!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
While it is possible to make a lot of money online playing online poker, few people continue to do so for a long time. Focusing on the poker table is the most important part if you want to win.During the game, you can watch a movie, listen to music, smoke, eat, and it is better that no one distracts you.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
do something else while playing, for me it is bad idea and affects my game, but sometimes you just get bored in slow play tabels, and some streams come up...

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, I like watching sports like Australien Open right now.

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Yes if I'm just playing casually the TV will be on. Or a sports game. But if I'm concentrating music will be on.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can and I have but my game suffers from lack of attention. So I now don't do it.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I usually play at 4 tables, it's hard to do anything other than music, but when I'm at one, yes. (Youtube, Streams, TV)