Can you do something else while playing poker online?

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For example, when I play poker, I can watch some video on YouTube or watch a stream on Twitch. Also sometimes I can listen to an audiobook. It doesn't bother me, but when I play more than four tables and do any of the above, I start to lose attention and can make mistakes. Then I turn everything off and just play poker. I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music, but mostly I play at two tables where I have to focus on the game and take care of the players.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always listen to classical music or something like that during breaks or when something affects my mood during the game. And I drink water too, sometimes a lot of water and I also go to the bathroom a lot, in Poker, cleaning your mind is everything.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Normally i hear some music or watch some pokerstreams or basketball games. If i play less then two tourneys then i watch the it on the screen, if i play more tables i only use the voice. Sometimes i read a book or wash the dishes. In the endgame of a tourney iam totally fixed on the tables. Spotted the other tables from the tourney to get some information how the unknown players play.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The best thing to do is to to focus on the game only, but doing something else isn’t that bad.
Personally I use to listen to music, but watching a video make me loose focus 🧘‍♀️

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It is never wrong to do like 4-5+ things at the same time (this includes "playing" poker) ...

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... if I'm playing only one tournament sometimes I watch a program on TV... but if I'm playing 2 or more tournaments at the same time I try to stay focused on poker and I don't get distracted by anything else. ..

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Normally i hear some music or watch some pokerstreams or basketball games. If i play less then two tourneys then i watch the it on the screen, if i play more tables i only use the voice. Sometimes i read a book or wash the dishes. In the endgame of a tourney iam totally fixed on the tables. Spotted the other tables from the tourney to get some information how the unknown players play.
I also like to watch basketball when I play poker. I especially like watching the NBA. Sometimes it happens that I stop playing poker and just watch the game)). But that's only when the game goes to overtime.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well... if I'm playing only one tournament sometimes I watch a program on TV... but if I'm playing 2 or more tournaments at the same time I try to stay focused on poker and I don't get distracted by anything else. ..
This approach is correct. It is very important not to be distracted by extraneous matters when you play some important tournaments.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I can only eat or drink! Anything else totally distracts me and I can't play focused; I'm even the vocalist of a rock band and while we rehearse I play poker but nothing, I can never win

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it helps me to be doing something else, so I don't get bored with the game and play sud-stantards hands.

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I usually watch movies, and sometimes drink beer :)

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for entertainment 2-3 times a week for 1 hour without the goal of getting a profit. Here you can watch movies.
Professional career with daily play for 8-10 hours. And in this case, you need to discard all the superfluous.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I play several tables, then I mainly focus on the game. If there is one or two tables, then I can watch something or something else, but basically just background music.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Wow, I can do (and I really do) a lot of things while playing online poker. I listen to music, watch some videos, check social media, e-mails and even if more difficult: I usually go shopping on the market, playing on my mobile.

meagain00

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I constantly play on my phone or watch streams in parallel

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Until recently I was playing in the living room, it worked for a while, but recently I realized that it's not convenient. There is always the noise of the TV, of the cars outside, of the people in the living room, other people eventually passing by and saying something. You may not notice it, but without a doubt it bothers you a lot, well at that moment something may happen on the table and you don't notice it, so avoid this as much as possible. When playing poker look for a quiet space, without noise and without distractions, with that you will be able to pay more attention to the game and the players and with that, without a doubt, your success rate will increase.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, of course you can watch movies or play other games because you can lose at any point in the game so just relax and treat the game like a game and forget to do things:)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today I'm playing, I've watched a movie and I've read parts of a book.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For example, when I play poker, I can watch some video on YouTube or watch a stream on Twitch. Also sometimes I can listen to an audiobook. It doesn't bother me, but when I play more than four tables and do any of the above, I start to lose attention and can make mistakes. Then I turn everything off and just play poker. I would like to hear your opinion on this.
more than 4 I also can't handle mostly.
I listen to music or watch a show/movie, when I feel I lose concentration I turn stuff off.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's the opposite, I can't stand playing poker for long without doing something else on the side. I think there are just way too many ways to distract yourself. Besides, of course I do not play professionally, but mostly just for fun and only 1 tournament.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In like to watch soccer games and listen music...

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
normally I try to stay focused, but I end up watching youtube on the side.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the background, I listen to TV shows that I have watched more than 10 times, I practically do not get distracted. When there are less than six tables, I can turn on the poker stream.