Did you buy a specific chair/ table for poker

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve seen a ton of computer setup deals out there today without even being in the market for them right now myself haha. Just a heads up in case you’re looking at this thread and considering an update—today may be the best day all year to do it given that it’s cyber Monday :)

Oh darn, missed them, thanks for the tip though. I had been looking at the Secretlabs 2020 Titan chair which seemed to have extremely good reviews. However none of their chairs went in the sale but think they are fairly in demand and checked through Black Friday and Cyber Monday. They are very pricey though £349 in the UK. But they also offer it in a non leather format for slightly more. But after looking through some different reviews of different chairs I had not been looking at other models and in their range I am slightly too tall for their Omega chairs.

Some people have said about the DxRacer chairs but it looks like your slightly forward and a bit too enclosed in but think they were aimed at racing games.

Thanks again for the tip :)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can really wreck your back sitting in a bad chair--and you only get one back

Ohhh where do you get one back from ;)

Agreed. Want something decent now as in some tournaments over 8 hours and do not want to be distracted because I am uncomfortable. Can also use it for studying if I do any more courses.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Obusforme chair (mid-back, multi-tilter).

My last chair lasted me for 11 yrs.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obusforme chair (mid-back, multi-tilter).

My last chair lasted me for 11 yrs.

Wow, that’s an impressive length of time for an office chair! Solid recommendation! :)

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It s good a chair because is one of the most necessary things for a poker player.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some people have said about the DxRacer chairs but it looks like your slightly forward and a bit too enclosed in but think they were aimed at racing games.

Thanks again for the tip :)

DXRacer is a sponsor at wsop.
They do have some models for larger people (Tank series for one).

I've never tried sitting in one but perhaps you could ask any CC members who've made a final table at WSOP where they were using the dxracer chairs to see what they say about them.... Ryan's made some final tables. Maybe he could share about those chairs?
they also appear to be on sale still this week

Attachments

• dxracer.jpg
    dxracer.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Okay how is this for weird... 'coincidence' perhaps??

As I sat in my office chair this morning (my 11yr. old chair) I thought to myself, "yes... it's time to get a new chair" (not overly excited about spending $1,000+ on a new one as this is how much the Obusforme costs today for me in canada).

Maybe 20mins. later a truck rolls into my driveway... my wife calls out to me "Oh.. your Christmas present is here from Fedex. Can you go out & grab it."

It's a DXRacer chair, lol. I just finished putting it together but am still sitting in my old chair as I type this post now.

So far...
The seat cushion feels pretty rigid. The bottom seat set at it's lowest setting still feels rather high from the ground (maybe the lowest possible setting feels about right for me... I am 5' 11" or 178cm. tall). It'd be too tall if I was any shorter. The chair I have is the 'King' series. fwiw, it doesn't feel too tight around me at all & I am not small at 100+ kg.

It wouldn't have been my first pick if I was buying a chair for myself but I'm thinking it'll work out well. I'll have a better idea shortly.

pics. & more info. to follow

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
because of the height of the chair, my laptop screen feels really low. Perhaps this will get me to get my ass in gear & set my desk up properly (I have two new 24" Dell monitors with a stand to hold both and a new pc tower as well... it's just been sitting & collecting dust)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

As I sat in my office chair this morning (my 11yr. old chair) I thought to myself, "yes... it's time to get a new chair" (not overly excited about spending $1,000+ on a new one as this is how much the Obusforme costs today for me in Canada).

Maybe 20mins. later a truck rolls into my driveway... my wife calls out to me "Oh.. your Christmas present is here from Fedex. Can you go out & grab it."

It's a DXRacer chair, lol. I just finished putting it together but am still sitting in my old chair as I type this post now.

So far...

The seat cushion feels pretty rigid. The bottom seat set at it's lowest setting still feels rather high from the ground (maybe the lowest possible setting feels about right for me... I am 5' 11" or 178cm. tall). It'd be too tall if I was any shorter. The chair I have is the 'King' series. fwiw, it doesn't feel too tight around me at all & I am not small at 100+ kg.

It wouldn't have been my first pick if I was buying a chair for myself but I'm thinking it'll work out well. I'll have a better idea shortly.

Psychic wife, now there is a scary thought. :p

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As I sat in my office chair this morning (my 11yr. old chair) I thought to myself, "yes... it's time to get a new chair" (not overly excited about spending $1,000+ on a new one as this is how much the Obusforme costs today for me in Canada).

So far...

Thanks for all the info. They do look like good chairs. I have gone for the Secretlabs Titan in the end. I think the DxRacer is a bit more stylish and especially good for streamers because of that but the Secretlabs had so many good reviews just went for that in the end. I think a bonus factor for me was they did a fabric version called softweave which takes a worry of PU leather splitting later away and are meant to be a bit cooler as better air flow. I am sure the DxRacrer will be an excellent for you though. :)

Attachments

• secretlab.jpg
    secretlab.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was just coming back on to post here to say..... I think I don't really like it :(
But I don't have the heart to tell my wife because she felt so good about getting it for me :(

It's too tight in the legs (width-wise).
It's too high off the ground for my desk & for my legs.

A week ago, while she was looking at chairs (I thought for herself), I told her to not get me one & that I knew which kind I wanted (same as I had but new one) and to not get the dxracer chair (she recalled I'd looked at them before). But I guess she didn't hear me and went & purchased it anyways... sigh. (I think it's too much of a hassle to ship it back).
I always warn her that I'm the worst to shop for.. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING.. and things I do want (which is rare) I'm very particular about. She gets upset at me because she can never think of anything to get for me. So now this year she figures me saying to her to not get me a chair.. meant 'get me a chair'??? She knows I need one. Myself, I would've just spent the $1k and got what I knew I wanted.
I won't be able to tell her though.... ya know.. feelings & such

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was just coming back on to post here to say..... I think I don't really like it :(
But I don't have the heart to tell my wife because she felt so good about getting it for me :(

A week ago, while she was looking at chairs (I thought for herself), I told her to not get me one & that I knew which kind I wanted (same as I had but new one) and to not get the dxracer chair (she recalled I'd looked at them before). But I guess she didn't hear me and went & purchased it anyways... sigh. (I think it's too much of a hassle to ship it back).
I always warn her that I'm the worst to shop for.. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING.. and things I do want (which is rare) I'm very particular about. She gets upset at me because she can never think of anything to get for me. So now this year she figures me saying to her to not get me a chair.. meant 'get me a chair'??? She knows I need one. Myself, I would've just spent the $1k and got what I knew I wanted.

Your pretty smart for a degenerate gambler. :)

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After dinner, I use the kitchen table for poker! :)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That's really difficult! Sorry she has picked an uncomfortable chair, looks like she has probably tried to put a lot of thought in it. It is hard with online stuff when you cannot try it out first but it is not very good the height is not more adjustable. If you think your wife would be quite upset if you returned it I think that's more important as long as you
think you can use it or it may become obvious later.

R

Red_Diamond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not so sure the problem is with your chair, but the height of your monitor needing to be properly adjusted. Used to have those issues when working in cubicles at the office.

That said, at first I thought this thread was about purchasing DIGITAL chair/seat pixels at certain poker site. Ahah! I guess that would be an intersting BLING gimmick.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So far...

Aw, that’s sweet that your wife realized you needed a nice new chair even before you did! What a thoughtful present [emoji4]

Keep us updated on how you like it!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Aw, that’s sweet that your wife realized you needed a nice new chair even before you did! What a thoughtful present [emoji4]

Keep us updated on how you like it!

It's getting better...
I let her know (finally) that it's a bit uncomfortable on my legs. She tried to return it but they won't take it (Black Friday deal) so she wants me to list it on Fb marketplace & put it towards the one I want. And now I'm thinking I might just keep it. With a foot rest under my desk a few inches high, it's feeling much better. Maybe I'll try it out for a Sunday full of donkaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not so sure the problem is with your chair, but the height of your monitor needing to be properly adjusted..

No. It's the height of the chair.... at it's lowest setting the seat is too high up from the floor so I'm almost on tippy toes. I am 5'11". Seems odd.
I've made a footrest for under my desk. It's helping a bunch.

I definitely am needing to adopt a different approach to how I sit at my desk while playing poker with this chair. I typically lean forward, resting on my forearms while playing but now am needing to have my chair pushed all the way in to my desk & sit more upright. I'm sure it's better for me. I think I needed the 'TANK' model of these chairs as the seat looks much wider & shaped differently.... but the price of that model I might as well get the other chair for a bit more instead.

idk... maybe I use the chair for a couple mos., then give it to someone else.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. It's the height of the chair.... at it's lowest setting the seat is too high up from the floor so I'm almost on tippy toes. I am 5'11". Seems odd.
I've made a footrest for under my desk. It's helping a bunch.

I definitely am needing to adopt a different approach to how I sit at my desk while playing poker with this chair. I typically lean forward, resting on my forearms while playing but now am needing to have my chair pushed all the way in to my desk & sit more upright. I'm sure it's better for me. I think I needed the 'TANK' model of these chairs as the seat looks much wider & shaped differently.... but the price of that model I might as well get the other chair for a bit more instead.

idk... maybe I use the chair for a couple mos., then give it to someone else.

Sometimes chairs can take a little bit of time to get used to but as long as the chair enforces a good posture the initial comfortableness can be a good thing as it's your body adjusting to a correct posture. Hope you get use to the height of the chair. Does seem odd it's height at the lowest setting is so high. While you said it was part of a black Friday deal you could always argue that it was not sufficiently advertised if you need to be at least 6 foot to sit in eat which if not stated can be argued it is not fit for purpose.

Otherwise I hope you become use to the chair.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didnt really buy a chair just for poker, and I usually just play on the couch, with my laptop on the coffee table.. But when I do settle in for a long session, and especially when I will be playing multiple tables, I sit at a desk with an office desk chair I picked up at staples, it was like $100 range. Mesh back, and a height adjustment, and it does the trick!

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didnt really buy a chair just for poker, and I usually just play on the couch, with my laptop on the coffee table.. But when I do settle in for a long session, and especially when I will be playing multiple tables, I sit at a desk with an office desk chair I picked up at staples, it was like $100 range. Mesh back, and a height adjustment, and it does the trick!

Yeah, I try not to play big tournaments on the couch. Play cheap ones like the $11 range fairly happily but like Katie has mentioned I do think the relaxed posture affects my game, have fallen asleep before and will often end up flicking the tv on which is an added distraction.

Sometimes though this can be less agro for long cheap tournaments where I am not as fussed and playing more abc poker but do think it affects focus. Hoping now with a better desk height and a more comfortable chair I will be happier to use that setup!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's getting better...
I let her know (finally) that it's a bit uncomfortable on my legs. She tried to return it but they won't take it (Black Friday deal) so she wants me to list it on Fb marketplace & put it towards the one I want. And now I'm thinking I might just keep it. With a foot rest under my desk a few inches high, it's feeling much better. Maybe I'll try it out for a Sunday full of donkaments.

The foot rest is a great idea and testing it out over a full day’s grind. Hope it works out well for you! :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am ready to play even sitting on a palm tree or baobab just to win[emoji6][emoji3][emoji23][emoji33][emoji32][emoji267]