Who am I playing against?

F

Fatbob56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
I have joined because I would like to know if I am playing against humans or a computer. Can someone advise or point me to a site to get advice? p.s. good luck with the cards.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You play against people, but people are different, some may use other poker software, programs to play better, have an advantage over your opponent, not get frustrated, increase your skill level and you will not need any program while playing, your brain is a computer, you need to configure it correctly

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play freerolls and microstakes its mostly just human beginners . When you start entering big online tourneys you probably are going against opponents using all the software available to them !

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have joined because I would like to know if I am playing against humans or a computer. Can someone advise or point me to a site to get advice? p.s. good luck with the cards.
The best defense against "bots" is paying attention to your opponents while playing. Watch how they play; watch showdowns to see what kinds of hands they will take to the river. If you do this, you can determine who you would like to play, and who you would like to avoid getting into action against. It doesn't matter how good you are, there will always be someone better than you.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play CC freerolls, you will definitely play against real people on this forum. I can’t vouch for the rest of the games on pokerstars and other platforms... :cool:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, in order not to think about a computer with robots, play on well-known sites - 888poker, PS, ACR.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
You are playing against humans on the biggest sites like PS, 888, etc. Players may also be using software like HUDs to improve their game.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is a Common theory that the internet is infested with Bots playing Poker against you on some poker sites, I cannot Prove it or Disprove it. My only advice is do not play for stakes that are first of all out of your Comfort Zone or outside your bankroll Limits. I cannot see someone Playing Low stakes Poker with a Software program, that may be costing them a small fortune to run, especially if they need to pay monthly subscriptions to the developers of the program.
I have played against Computers in poker games and Chess games, and beaten them, not because I am a brilliant player, but You start to see patterns in the Software program and once you identify the Pattern it becomes easier to read what the computer is going to do next and turn it to your advantage. I played Grand Master Chess simulator and Yes it seemed unbeatable, after playing for over 12 hours straight I began to understand how the software was manipulating me into a defensive move, at which point it would take the lead and beating me hands down in every game.
So I just ignored a challenging move from the Computer and put it in a similar position by attacking one of the computers pieces, doing this I was able to keep pressuring the program into making moves I wanted it to make and eventually beat it. Not easy but doable with some concentration on my part.
Chris Moneymakers World Poker Tour was another game given to me as a Present one year and I managed to beat it in less than 4 hours. Never played it again as it was too easy to beat.
So breaking it down I do not believe Scammers would waste their time playing for low stakes, I never play Poker that is above my Bankroll limits and if I feel I am up against bots I will just move to another game or quit until I am comfortable playing another day.
Playing Poker has some days where you cannot win no matter how hard you try, but I never blame Bots, or think the Site is Rigged, because I feel it is easier for bad players to blame anything else but themselves, they have to make excuses for their own bad decisions.

Accepting your mistakes, Owning them and learning from your mistakes , makes you a better player!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In online poker, you play against people on normal sites. I've heard some unscrupulous players launch online poker bots. But I don't think a self-respecting poker room will allow this to happen. Therefore, play only on trusted poker sites.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think it matters who you're playing against.... people have patterns, bots have even more predictable patterns, pay attention, play your game😎👍

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes not only against people, but also against programs, but you can hardly determine it yourself, trust verified sites, and sometimes they uncover bots and make compensation

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have the knowledge or attention to notice these details.
I play my best game and may the best win.