When playing do you look at blinds or chip stack

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are playing do you use blinds or chip stack, I personally like using blinds but its not possible on all platforms.
You can visit different streams with poker players, where you can see that almost each experienced player are using blinds..

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I'm used to playing by looking at my stack, it's easier for me to measure the level of risk with respect to my position at the table and my cards, as well as the odds.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are playing do you use blinds or chip stack, I personally like using blinds but its not possible on all platforms.
Always blinds, but if I dabble in cash only stacks)))

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only use stack size online. It keep me sharp and ready when I play live games this way.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not see a fundamental difference. If you have at least basic math skills, it shouldn't be difficult for you to calculate the number of blinds in your stack.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No. During the game, I only look at the number of chips. I should try with the blinds, although I always have a rough idea of how many blinds I have.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I use chips, I like it better, I'm used to them. but with blinds it is better at the end of the tournament.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the vast majority of online poker, that I played, I have had stacks displayed in chips (or dollars for cash games), but my HUD has shown the number of big blinds. So I guess my answer is "both". Lately though I have experimented with showing stacks in BB in tournaments, my main reason being, that the HUD always takes a hand to update to new blinds, every time they go up. And this has caused me to many times play a hand a different way, than I would, had I known, that stacks were now shorter than shown on the HUD. Knowing the amount of chips is nessesary though in bounty tournaments. But on both pokerstars and ACR its very easy to click the display back and forth between BB and chips. So for now I have just settled on doing that, when a bounty will be in play, and I have a close decision.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got used to chips but the best is BB, personally sometimes I play badly due to the fact that I give a lot of importance to the number of chips bet when it is a mistake because you must take into account how much that amount is equivalent to in BB, but little by little I'm getting rid of that habit

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Its easier with bb, but its harder to progress on live tournament game after. So i practise both, staying on stack number, but switching to see exactly how many bb do i have .

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I switch from time to time so I don't really have a preferred setting and as was said before, it is not possible to see the blinds on every poker site. This is now also possible on PokerStars, which was not possible before.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the blind its much more easier to make decisions by BB stacks and quicker, i likw to go back and forth thos just for the ICM.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course at the BB and then I am taking th decision on how to play the hand :)

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always play with the chip stack meter, but at the same time I'm always aware of the big blind size. This simplifies the calculations in game situations and the error rate in these is lower.

daveman640

daveman640

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Playing with stack is more effective in my personal opinion and experience.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dsfinitely chip stack cause that way you'll see exactly what's opponents stack. With blinds you can only estimate lol.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well....if I'm playing a tournament...I'm constantly looking at my chip stack and its big blind equivalent...and if I'm playing the cash games I'm more aware of the big blind equivalent

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
You can visit different streams with poker players, where you can see that almost each experienced player are using blinds..
But I dont think you can see blinds at Pokerstars

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer chip stacks, it keeps me more focused and alert at the table, generally most people prefer the big blind, but I think it's a little too abstract and a little confusing in crucial moments.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.I look at my stack both in tournaments and cash games.In my opinion, it is much easier that way.With blinds, I get confused sometimes.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally use stacks but my hud displays the blinds so I can use both informations

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play I always use the big blinds. It is more convenient and easier for me to calculate how much to bet. But sometimes I use a stack in chips (mostly at the final tables)