When to employ limp strategy ?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp or no Limp? Call or no Call?

Great Question! As I can see, there are different opinions among really good players. Done raised, done called with top 10, top 15, AX suited, etc., with mixed results. It's really who you are against and if they are on their A game or not.... and if I am.
:thrasher:

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have enough stack or the bet is low and in case of having pair or high cards in hand.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use of limp generally impractical, except in a few cases - if you have AA or the nuts! And if you're just trying to look at the card for free, hoping to collect a combination or to strengthen, then you also give a gift to strengthen and opponents!

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
“Limping is the new fanny pack, it’s so out of style that it’s becoming cool again” -Mormon curtis

H

hooble1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really it's usually just costing yourself chips. Either your hand is weak, and somebody gets in cheap to out flop you, or you have strong and don't win as many chips as you would have after a big raise.

Only time I can justify open limping is if you have a *very* aggressive idiot seated after you that you can be certain will raise the hand for you. then you can back-raise them and re-steal or get isolation.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont open limp!!!

It is almost always wrong to do so!

Main Exception: Blind vs blind (known as completing).

Side exception: Late position with resteal stacks behind.
Agree completely, with the exception of the exceptions.