What are your thoughts on the state of online poker?

B

BigKicho357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MK
Chips
I'm new on this forum and would like to know if anyone feels like me and hates algorithms and RNG elements in online poker. Things should change in the realm of online poker. Please feel free to comment. Let's start a conversation.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that a good player is better than any algorithm ..for many resaons :)

B

BigKicho357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MK
Chips
I know, but it still interferes with the experience of poker. It is different when you have a dealer that you can see shuffling the cards.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm new on this forum and would like to know if anyone feels like me and hates algorithms and RNG elements in online poker. Things should change in the realm of online poker. Please feel free to comment. Let's start a conversation.
Personally, I am generally satisfied with everything. I only play online and have pretty good results. I don't see poker as a job, for me poker is a hobby. However, I'm playing pretty disciplined, my bankroll is growing and I'm enjoying the game, so I don't see the need for any changes.

B

BigKicho357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MK
Chips
That is e good point, IDK maybe because I come from real-life poker, and I feel like the experience is ruined. Do you guys know any online poker sites that have real dealers? (like in Black Jack) Or please shear them with me, or if you have free time, help me find some.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the one who not only watches and does everything as it is written according to the program always wins, but also has his own qualities that he can think and throw off his hand at the moment when he should not throw it off is the key to the success of every player so you just have to understand when to play and how you will win

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe they are just fine and there is no issues with them.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fully trust, that a computer can shuffle a deck of 52 cards just as good as if not better than a human. Its not exactly the most complicated task in the world ;)

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Online poker has evolved significantly over the years and is continuing to do so. If you are concerned about game integrity and cheating (as all players want to ensure that the game is not manipulated), there are sophisticated anti-collusion systems, monitoring software, and detection algorithms as far as I know. Of course, no system is perfect, but overall I think the integrity of online poker is maintained. It's crucial to choose reputable and regulated sites though :D

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally I think On-line Poker is as close as it can be to Live games, they have a long way to go before it gets to that point, but with the technology we have available, as close to realism as possible.
Sure we could all have headsets streaming 3D Poker tables into our eyeballs but do we want that? As far as game play, the RNG on most sites is acceptable in that there are some strange things happen in Live Games and On-line, so very close to realism.
I have played Chris Moneymaker's "world series of poker" game on PC. and found it really easy to beat, Nothing like a real poker game, and once my Children bought me a Chess game on the PC. I lost every game until I found a flaw in the software Program That was every time you made a defensive move in a game it would take the lead and beat you every time, So I changed my tac-tics and beat it every time after I discovered this flaw.
My motivation was not money, but I thought Some person had written the program and I wasn't going to be beaten by some other person and a machine, I quit playing it after that because it was too easy.
So yes On-line Poker for me is reasonably random and realistic to a point that we have to accept it for what it is, The only way they could make it more Realistic is if they had Real Dealers, Dealing Real Cards face down on a table that could read your cards send you and only you the hand and then you playing that hand as you would in a Live game.
Then of course you have to pay the Dealer a wage packet every week so I don't think this would lead to $0.50/$1.00 ring games being available as the rake would not pay their wages.
So in essence, Yes On-line Poker is not the best, but as close to being Realistic as we are going to get for the Price!

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we don't have any other choice than trust the rooms algorythms, otherwise we must stop playing online.
Of course the perfect system does not exist and we all feel disapointed when going through a downswing.
But variance also exists in live poker.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
I only wish sites like 888Poker and GGPoker were available in my country. I don't understand these restrictions.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it's not just us brothers who like money, everyone who plays poker likes it, so there will be surprises, there will be nervous tension, there will be anger, but victory is always pleasant

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's perfectly normal, the algorithm is the same for everyone, it doesn't choose someone and say you're going to win, even if sometimes you think the game is totally against you.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No complaints from me, i don't see what the issue is with them. It really is the same for everybody.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think when you are playing online it seems like way more crazy hands happen, but this is because you are seeing so many more hands per hour

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker lives and thrives, as long as there are many amateurs or not so good players, then poker will live

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Even if sometimes i think "well its not my day" it always comeback with crazy river so the same way i lose i also win :D
I think everything is possible !

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There's something I noticed years ago once I started playing online is that the winning cards on the board will somehow manage to wind up as my starting hand. For example, if a player wins a showdown w/JJ v A10 and the board is K 10 7 Q 3, I'll wind up w/either AJ or J10 for holdings. The funny thing is that it happens in live games to me all the time. The other night the board was 10 10 7 X X, and my next 2 hole cards were 10 7. It's just one of those things, I guess.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The advent of online poker greatly accelerates the learning process of players. Players can stay in the game at any time during the day or night and play within their own home, even if they have little time. In addition, the number of hands played per hour is much higher in online play.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker online for a long time and have ceased to be surprised at any oddities when dealing cards. On all the sites on which I had to play everything is the same when playing. I think everything is going well.