What size of table do you prefer?

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many seats do you prefer to have on the tables you play on, and why does this have your personal preference?
This probably depends on the website/place as well. (10, 9, 8, 6, 4, heads-up, others..)
In what setting (cash-games/tournaments)?

Simply put. I make more money per hour on 5c/10c zoom than I do on 5c/10c cash games non zoom. I don't make as much bb/100. But I do make more money because of how fast the hands fly in.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so used to playing 9-player tables, so its very hard to get my game on in a 6-player table. So I'll stick with 9!

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was much more into cash games and always preferred 6 max online. First cause at a short handed table you get more action cause of faster rounds, your range can be wider and therefore it should be more profitable.

But in reality I'm not that well prepared mentally for it and usually you find better players at 6 max so, after loosing a not so big sum of $$$ I decided to focus on the freerolls to build my BR and practice more, get a better hang of the game and develop my emotional state at the virtual felt so now, since the freeroll tourneys are mostly full ring I've been playing mostly full.

Not that I don't risk a 02NL once in while.

P

paolomayra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In cash game I prefer from 3 to 6 plaers; in this way rithm does not slow down; fear of lose money in cash game make decision process slower.
In a single table game I prefer 9 players because winnings are higher and usually first 3 players are paid.
In tournaments 6 or 8 plaers table gives me the right action.

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tables with the total number of players, with nine players, you give one more time to study the villains, that's my point of view. :D

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I really have enjoyed the 6 person tables. The game goes quicker and less cards to play against.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 9 8
I really don't like fewer than those amounts.
I prefer not to be forced into playing junk hands.

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many seats do you prefer to have on the tables you play on, and why does this have your personal preference?
This probably depends on the website/place as well. (10, 9, 8, 6, 4, heads-up, others..)
In what setting (cash-games/tournaments)?

I like 6-max for cash games cause games are more active and 9-max for tournaments because when blinds grow big I can endure longer ;)

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play tournaments with 7-9 people per table. more then 9 turns harder to beat but i might be wrong with that.

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 for normal games and 9 for tournaments.

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say this, I have a choice before 9 and 6, in tournaments only 9 players are convenient, but in cash games I think 6 players is ideal, I personally like it when there are 6 players at the table, and when there are only 3 players at the table, you don’t want to play at all, I don’t know how to explain it:confused:

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer 6-max cash games and 9 for tournaments!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both nine- and six-max but also it depends a bit of the speed/playing-style of the table.

A nine-max table where everyone is using time bank to the maximum in tournaments can be very boring to play. A six-max table with very aggroloose opponents can be a bit nerv wrecking and difficult to play because you are always in hands and have difficult decisions.

My favourite is a six-max table with passive opponents. Its easy to win some blinds without a lot of risk and gamble.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players

I prefer to play with 6 players, the possibility of getting it right is greater, it gives the impression that you have more chances to win

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like I command a table of 6 I also feel comfortable playing heads-up but most tournaments are eight or nine players for table:D

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 handed cash and tournament both that being said the slow play can be annoying unbearable especially when in tournaments. I play live and the cash games are now always 8 handed max while tournaments are 10 handed which is one too many for sure

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do play on ignition in the micros where 9handed cash is hit or miss the trouble with 6 handed is when people drop and there is only 3 or 4 for an extended time.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 people table or smaller.

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather play in 9 players max tables, because its the most common one and i am used to it. But 6 players are also nice. Both of them in tournaments.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all sizes are ok, better from 6 to 9

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My preference for the number of players at the table in the formats I have played:

Sit & Go
DoN/Fifty50 - 6 or 8 players

Cash Games
Holdem - 6 players
Omaha - 6 players

MTT
Holdem - 6-9 players
Omaha - 6 players

P

Parkez73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a nine players table...but also I would like to finish that table without new players...