What size of table do you prefer?

T

tealurker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many seats do you prefer to have on the tables you play on, and why does this have your personal preference?
This probably depends on the website/place as well. (10, 9, 8, 6, 4, heads-up, others..)
In what setting (cash-games/tournaments)?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For cash games I tend to do better at full ring (9 player) tables, so naturally this has become my preferred format. Variance and sample size is always an issue of course, but I have not had that much success with 6-max, and I have seen no reason to force the issue. 6-max is the most popular cash game format online, but if you are really serious about poker, then probably your future is in either live games or tournaments, and 6-max is not common in neither of these formats. So for me it is better to practice full ring.

For tournaments you pretty much have to take, what is offered, which on most sites is mainly 9-max with some 8-max and 6-max formats mixed in. The more short handed formats are great, because they allow you to get involved in more hands per blind level without increasing the duration of the tournaments. However I would prefer, if the final table still began at 9 players especially for 6-max MTTs.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
6-Max

Good morning everyone.
I really like Mtts and cash games in 6-Max format.
I remember that when I started playing poker in 2018, I found games in 6-Max, more difficult and now I changed my opinion, it's a format where you can identify more villains, those who play strong hands or weak hands.
I prefer to play cash game because I consider it a fairer and much less frustrating game, where luck has a much smaller role than in Mtts, where sometimes you spend a lot of time without receiving good cards and when you come you have 30BB sometimes less and when a villain goes All in and you call too far ahead you lose.

Attachments

• ganhei pote de 120 reais na NL10 zoom     27 07 2020.jpg
    ganhei pote de 120 reais na NL10 zoom 27 07 2020.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 141
C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 is good for me. Generally if it's more then better. However i like very much play Spin&Go where is only 3 players but it's because different reason.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 6- Max is the best size of table to play poker! 9 is good for me but I prefer play on 6- Max :)

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For cash games, I prefer 9-handed. I find that the variance is lower compared to 6-max or HU.

For STTs, I prefer 6-max because the variance is lower compared to 9-handed. I find that my 6-max STTs tend to last around 30-50 minutes which is not too long and not too short.

For MTTs, I'm okay with anything but the vast majority of them are 9-handed anyway so you usually don't get to choose.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like sngs 6 max turbo and for mtts i prefer 9 man on turbo or hyper

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play at tables with at least 8 players. And I don't play at several tables at once except for two. And I only play tournaments.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 players, but 8 is also OK..

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the tables with the most players more. It's easier to play this way.

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 9 handed games, feels like good classic poker to me. And many players on low stakes plays too many hands, so it is easier to win I think

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 1-6 tables. I place them next to each other / above / below the same table size.
The full ring is my favorite but I also like the 6-max.

I am essentially an omnivore. :eating:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play tournaments I prefer to play 9 players tables, because I never had good results playing 6 players table. I always thought it was because I wasn’t aggressive enough, but in the last few months I am also loving to play HU tournaments :)

dmt_god

dmt_god

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 8 or 9 tourneys way too much. That's not hard to me to play in heads-up or 3-max Sit n go's but I like to see the full table and it's sometimes easier to understand some of your opponents' tactics.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 max cash and tournaments. 8 table is ok for sit n goes. You can get a better feel for your opponent at 6 max

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played in a 9 man sit and go in a long time. Playing 6max turbos has improved my game tremendously. My ROI would definitely go up at a larger table, but I think that my per hour would go down.

I wish PS had multitable sit and gos.

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play 9 but i prefer 6

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 6-Max table but it is very difficult to find in online poker since most of online tournaments are of 8-10 players table.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For Cash games I prefer 6 max and for tourneys is a 9 persons table for sure, don't know why really but I feel really comfortable playing MTTs with a full table on MTTs that are 6-max table just can't get it right hehe I guess more people means more action every time and that is good for tourneys is more fun for me that way

Last edited:
O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I like most tables 8-9 max. Worse tables 6 max, I'm already not very comfortable on this. But anything less is generally difficult for me. I like a smooth, tight game, I find it difficult to play on small tables . This applies to all types of games. Maybe I don't have enough knowledge for this level of play yet.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I prefer 8 to 10. Sometime, I will play 6, but to me 6 is too fast with a lot of risk taking; more than I can enjoy.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play full ring most of the time, don't like less than 8 players.