EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to watch NetFlix on my ipad while playing. Unfortunately I let pocket AA time out because i was too interested in the movie. Now i just listen to a youtube playlist in the background.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watch tv or read a book if I'm not multi-tabling.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch NetFlix on my ipad while playing. Unfortunately I let pocket AA time out because i was too interested in the movie. Now i just listen to a youtube playlist in the background.

Speaking of Youtube playlists, I often listen to Let's Plays when I'm playing poker...or doing just about anything else on the computer really. There are ones I'm subscribed to that really help me relax, and others that help me perk up when I'm getting too bored. For poker, I always pick playthroughs that I don't really need to pay attention to visually to enjoy.

astrokiiD

astrokiiD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i play poker i like to watch on youtube at some tournaments ( ept, pca, etc ), chat on facebook, football on tv, usual stuff

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually watch ept vids or any sort of poker vids on youtube helps me concentrate cause then im always thinking about poker

p4i7ank9

p4i7ank9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As little distractions as possible. Maybe some easy music, drink juice, smoke a cigarette, go to toilette during tournament breaks, make some snacks...
Mostly concentrate on game.

gago980

gago980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually listen to music, to me the most relaxing while playing... and smoke cigarettes.... I'm trying to quit smoking :) sometimes the beer comes good :)

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am like you I have to watch tv

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i play poker i like to watch on youtube at some tournaments ( ept, pca, etc ), chat on facebook, football on tv, usual stuff

And it does not prevent you from playing? I think it is very hard to play when so many distractions.

A

alexgl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During a poker game like listening to music. About turning on the TV, I can say that this is just a distraction from the game. And yet, if you play in a tournament, and there is a break, I read the news online.

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually listen to music or watch youtube videos. Or maybe a poker show or something on poikerstars.tv

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
back when pokerstars was around would play search and destroy on COD while 4-6 tabling. Those were the good ole days.

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
White noise works for me i seam to block out about everything else that is going on

radman

radman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to watch tv but after a long time of doing this I discovered it to be a distraction. Music works well for me, diff genre depending on mood. But weird as it might sound I think I like silence, the most
I have been known to play solitaire when playing a single table.

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch movies/tv shows and listen to podcasts.

K

komaaar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I found that for me it's not very good to listen to music or watch something while playing. I've tried to listen to relaxing music, but it was still distracting me, so I had to turn it really down. Concentration, silence and good decisions equals profit (at least for me).

N

NeoCrowy23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm playing freerolls, I'll have poker on twitch in the background and will browse the internet whilst I do it. When I play for money though I have nothing on as I don't want any distractions.

R

rehcral

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
smoke untill my finger are yellow!! and trash metal

R

r0manlegi0nn

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play music
Watch Movie
And less poker hand

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
A break in the tournament

Until adjourned in poker tournament usually lasts about five minutes, I like crazy smoke a couple of cigarettes to relieve stress and fatigue: Vroam:

M

mdogfpa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i stay with my girlfriend, she is lucky