Are there bots among us?

B

BodriyBarsuk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Do you think there are bots in the rooms? because there are decisions on the part of rivals that cannot be explained

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are definitely bots at work on any online social media, talk board, or poker table. To paraphrase "Kid" Gleason in the movie Eight Men Out, "How are you going to keep them out?" Whether some decision we don't understand by another player would make that player is bot is not something I'm sure. I've played a lot of live tourneys and have seen a lot of wild plays, including a young man one morning who went all-in multiple times on hands like 48 off suit. What I would look for is a player who wins an inordinate number of times for something that would suggest a bot, collusion, or other form of cheating. As Malcolm X said, "If someone wins all the time he isn't gambling, he is cheating."

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Personally, I don't know, maybe there are, but finding them or defining who they are by their actions does not seem to be easy to decipher.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if I'm not a bot I'm a person:I CAN'T laugh: I hope there are no bots among us, poker bots are a separate topic that everyone says but no one has yet proven the existence of poker bots

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Sooner or later AI will take over online poker as we know it, it is unavoidable.

For years now I have heard that cash games are not AI free. It makes sense on a glance. Cash games are very 'programmable' much more then MTTs where everything is dynamic. Quite frankly when I came back to poker few years ago to play recreationally, that was a part of the reason why I gave up entirely on cash games and am only playing tourneys.

Yes I really do believe there are AI programs playing cash games online at mid stakes. I do not believe they are perfected yet and are 'under active development'. Poker is a very alive and changing game. Player tendencies change. It is not as easy as it would seem to create a 'crusher AI poker bot'. Big sites are clearly aware of this and I am sure are keeping an eye on it trying to delay the unavoidable as long as possible. For all of those reason, online poker cheating thus far was predominantly geared towards player 'helping' software. Various overlays with a player 'pilot'. So pure AI bots were not the focus.

But.

With now GPT out and about all the signs are on the wall. Our world is at the beginning of a big change. Today you can play online poker without much fear of a 'superior' AI obstacle, but in few years that will not be the case any longer.

E

eduardo8269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think there are bots in the rooms? Why are there decisions on the part of the rivals that cannot be explained
There are always people who live in the world of conspiracy

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hope this doesn't happen soon!

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
There are a lot of bots out there... But generally they are referred to as Donkeys... Yes that's right, them things with the teeth 🐴

K

kraaazie1203

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
There are always people who live in the world of conspiracy
I’m not sure if there are but from personal experiences a lot just doesn’t add up. RNG’s as a rule have no conscience but when I’ve been involved in big action hands it is amazing how many times I can call the action card that gets everyone involved and pays off the “BOT” in my opinion who then disappears with the cash. It happens way too often!!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Saw some alleged "bot" making an appearance in some twitch stream a while ago so who knows :unsure:

K

kraaazie1203

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think I’ve met most of the donkeys

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A lot of people play like Bots wait for AA KK etc then go all in,It works if you have patience

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone does not play adequately, then it is only a young player who can do this, but in no case is a bot. For the bot, a game algorithm is written and inadequate moves are not asked so as not to lose money. Bots are identified by the sites themselves by looking at their hand histories. The bot's play looks like a very tight game. Even a well-known pokerstars player was accused of being a bot. Well then they apologized.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know what to think when we talk about the future, but I'm sure that there's AI playing poker and a thousand of other games out there. Now I'm not so sure about they being on poker stars or other of these big poker plataforms.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think there are bots in the rooms? because there are decisions on the part of rivals that cannot be explained
It is difficult to say for sure. But I think that rather yes, they exist. However, I have pretty good results, and if they exist, my results are good in part because of them too :)

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think so, because there really are certain hands that have everything to win, but then someone who has more bank than you arrives and the result takes an unexpected turn.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I do not think so, and a well-known and credible poker room cannot risk its reputation and its customers or for a profit that is not comparable to the profits it reaps daily, or even open the way for any hacker to do such breaches. I don't think so, especially for the many "world famous" poker rooms.
All the popular and credible poker rooms operate under the strict rules imposed by the International Games and Entertainment Commission.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a good sample size in your HUD look for villans with identical stats.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I, I, I am the most important bot in any tournament!
Hey Masha. When playing on BOL one time someone was complaining back and forth with another player about the BOT at the table. When they mention they should report the player named ????? I was a bit shocked. So were they when I replyed why do you think I am a BOT. What made it more funny was it was a CC freeroll.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hey Masha. When playing on BOL one time someone was complaining back and forth with another player about the BOT at the table. When they mention they should report the player named ????? I was a bit shocked. So were they when I replyed why do you think I am a BOT. What made it more funny was it was a CC freeroll.
Great, Ken! There are already two of us.