Tagging players with colors

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It depends on how much I see a player and where in the tournament I see them. If you see the same person deep in the tournament many times you know to play cautious. I personally like seeing those players. I think they persevere the hard grind and deserve notoriety.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use color notes on the players (mainly on profit and the number of tournaments played):

RED :mad: plus regular, more than 10k tournaments
PINK :eek: regular low limits
YELLOW :) top regular
GREEN :D is a good player who has a profit, playing around 5k tournaments
BLUE ;) minus regular, weak reg
WHITE :p monkey with a grenade
PURPLE :( hidden from search, possibly regular
ORANGE :beerglass friends, acquaintances

I don’t mark the response players (fish), because yesterday’s fish can become a good regular after a while, and a note on him will remain that he is a fish.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically use yellow for recreational, green for pure fishes, orange for average, and red for regular/ + ROI.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly just use the normal notes feature, I'll only use colours for certain types of players - extra aggressive will get red, and I think I give calling stations blue, but it's mostly off muscle memory now. Don't even consciously label players colours.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ya'll!

Are you tagging players with colors and what usage are you making of it ?

I personally use mine to identify some types of players (agressive, safe play, cash zone) and also identify quickly members from a squad.. like I have a tag for CC players. So when playing low stakes at another table then a CC freeroll I can know quickly if I play with good players or the worst the online poker has to offer :D

I don't really take notes.. do you ?

-TRP-
Yes, I very often mark players, this helps me to develop myself in poker in the future.

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I play freerolls and there are lots of different players, so I dont think its necessary at this point, but when I will play more cash and sit and gos, I will start to tag, because the information are very important imo.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I do use colour tags and notes, I have often changed my colours and the reason I use them.

One tag I started using is for grinders, most grinders I have experienced tend to play a tight solid game. Tonight though I noticed one I have down as a grinder made this move which made me change his tag to a "Fun Player". He open limped and a guy to my right ORd, I had AK and 3b, the now Fun Player shoves and as I have him as a grinder and most probably a solid player, I am assuming he had KK+ and folded, he had A2o :eek: ORr had QQ.

My tags are:

Unknown
Nit
Reg
Calling Station
Maniac
Passive
Fun Player
Grinder
Me

I used to use blue for all CC members, but I don't do that anymore, blue is just for me now... True Blue :)

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mark all players who play with me, the color, it is not important, you can define what you want, the more important to me it is the notes and history, that help me to make a decision when I 'have a good hand, when the wicked will allin, before following I read the note

Last edited:
B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do color coat, but that's not what's more important to me. It's whether or not they're a loose player, even specific notes on an actual hand. This helps me determine future play.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always mark players with colors
Red aggressive
Yellow fish
Orange-Tight
Blue Tight Aggressor

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't put any notes) with those who often play at the tables, I roughly know their style of play

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use one colour and it's green. I tag fish for a green colour. Maybe I should use more tags for better notice.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think while we have HUD software the color an text notes are secondary and a little bit meaningless )))

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep 4 colors depending on how passive/aggressive or loose/tight they are

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tagging players helped me to identify, basically, a players' range; tight, loose, agg-tight, agg-loose, nit, etc. It especially helps if I add notes like what game and limit I was playing them in, for example '$500 GTD/$5 BI', which would be a $500 guarantee with a $5 buy-in. It definitely is a benefactor. I like it when I would wind up at a ft and over half the players are tagged. It just makes for smoother play, imo.
Yes, I completely agree with you, dear friend. Tagging players is the direct responsibility of a poker player to identify their weaknesses. But I also think that it’s not always necessary to play by the label, since today the player plays one tactic, then he plays another tactic.:bandit:

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually tag players who overbet, bluff, had silly moves... For me green and no color is good, other have blue, red, violet

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never thought of tagging with colors. I guess that works too.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you tag cardschat players a different color? I like tags but I mark donks and fish mostly. I also tag bluffers. If you bluff to much you will get tagged. Lol

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always, I mark players with colors. I mark their range of starting hands.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always mark players, usually just basic info like loose/aggressive or really tight. But sometimes the people i see often i'll get a little more in depth. Definitely helps even if I'm not always right, it helps me be aware of things...

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be more specific when tagging players. I did it this one time, and played a guy read the notes as bluffer. With nothing else to go by it wasn't helpful at all. He didn't bluff once in a couple of hours. Lol