Tagging players with colors

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ya'll!

Are you tagging players with colors and what usage are you making of it ?

I personally use mine to identify some types of players (agressive, safe play, cash zone) and also identify quickly members from a squad.. like I have a tag for CC players. So when playing low stakes at another table then a CC freeroll I can know quickly if I play with good players or the worst the online poker has to offer :D

I don't really take notes.. do you ?

-TRP-

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally use only one colour and adding some note of the player or just using same colour without note if he is complete fish :D

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Honestly, I don’t use it at all. Does this help at all or not?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just use colors for regs and non regs/recreational/bad players, rest every time i see a play that was out of line or non standard i just write note on them :)

Mmurilove

Mmurilove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to use colors to mark regular players, recreational, fish and sharks. The specific characteristics of each player (if it is tight/loose, passive/agressive and etc) I see by the HUD with each hand.

KidPoker116

KidPoker116

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ya'll!

I personally use mine to identify some types of players (agressive, safe play, cash zone) and also identify quickly members from a squad.. like I have a tag for CC players. So when playing low stakes at another table then a CC freeroll I can know quickly if I play with good players or the worst the online poker has to offer :D

-TRP-

Hello my dear friend. Yes, I identify players with colors. Red is a strong player, and yellow is a fish, orange is an aggressive player, I also see how they behave at the tables. It helps me a lot in the game.
Good luck dear friend at the poker tables !!!:saint:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tagging players helped me to identify, basically, a players' range; tight, loose, agg-tight, agg-loose, nit, etc. It especially helps if I add notes like what game and limit I was playing them in, for example '$500 GTD/$5 BI', which would be a $500 guarantee with a $5 buy-in. It definitely is a benefactor. I like it when I would wind up at a ft and over half the players are tagged. It just makes for smoother play, imo.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I don't use tags or notes. I am just lazy.

It would be most useful in CC games as many of the same players you play against often. Unlike a random mtt where the chances of meeting same players are small.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do tag/colour people on the games, that I play more often. It can help sometimes to your decisions, especially, when you need to do quicker ones while multi-tabling.
Also when you are bored, it is a great thing to do in meanwhile of a game...
I do it on CC and at SNGs on my usual levels, that I am playing.
In my opinion, it is just helpful...

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny to notice how yellow and orange are used for the same thing for a lot of people!!! :laugh::laugh:

Hello my dear friend. Yes, I identify players with colors. Red is a strong player, and yellow is a fish, orange is an aggressive player, I also see how they behave at the tables. It helps me a lot in the game.
Good luck dear friend at the poker tables !!!

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. I highly suggest using the color system and take as many notes as possible. Anything that might give you a slight edge is worth ten seconds of note taking.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, whenever I can I label them and it has been easy for me to see if they tend to bluff or go safe. In addition to many times in different tournaments I have seen them again and have managed to identify them by color :rolleyes:

xaakar

xaakar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea i think its super important, especially for cash game. it makes it so easy visually to table / seat select.

i go rather simple:

red = decent regs
blue = nits
green = fishes

so i always try to be in position of greens, and i want blue on my left so i can steal the blinds often.

i try to avoid the red on my left as much as possible, since they will 3bet me relatively often and stuff...

and honestly you need about 100 hands to see who are the regs, fish, or nits. if you have a HUD of course. just tag them . and once in a while update the color once you get more hands on them.

as for notes. always keep an eye on showdown, theres precious info in there to type in as notes ;)

good luck.!

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I just colour tag the fish a single colour so I can find them easily again when choosing tables from the lobby, but don't tag anyone else. But I also have my HUD set to colour VPIP in ranges, which highlights the tighter, average range and fishy players for me at the table when playing.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ya'll!

-TRP-
lately i have been tagging in the freerolls...but only at the start of the game with those players who go all in with any cards...........before the flop.............i find that most of these sort of players are usually gone after 5 or 10 minutes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always mark bad players and fish to know what to expect from them.

B

bright019

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly use it on PS. Red for players I think know how to play and green for players that haven't got a clue what they are doing and know it and yellow for players that think they are knowing how to play but really don't have a clue.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like color coding players especially on sites like BOL or Sportsbetting where you can see who is registered for sngs/mtts. I especially like to color code good regs and fish, then you can easily see what sng is good to play. There is a huge difference between playing with 5 reg grinders and another game with no regs and 5 fish.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello and I use tagging players with colors but when you play a very aggressive tabe. First red with blue Passive yellow crazy tricks:):sleep::)

Last edited by a moderator:
mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck dear friend at the poker tables !!!:saint:
I have a similar color coding system to this but the difference with mine is, 1 color is for preflop aggressive players and another color for postflop aggressive players. I also have an extra color for huge whales (calling stations), this simply reminds me to size up all value and almost never bluff.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use notes on the players. In the notes I indicate the style of the opponent's game; the opponent's actions after the flop, turn and river; bluffing players; theft of blinds; calling station - the main thing that the notes were simple and understandable. The notes help me when the opponent raises and 3-bet on all the streets, tries to steal the blinds.