Something fishy or all in the mind?

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey online players... How often while playing, are you dealt a great hand like AA, AK, KK and the likes, get called on your preflop raise. Then on the flop you notice something like 679(or similar, creating a straight draw) or perhaps a certain suit which creates a flush draw. Go heads up, realize the opponent needs 1 card for that straight or flush, and tell yourself the card will come on the river. And on that damn river, of all possible cards you lose your excellent draw to the poor call. So yeah, how often.

For me personally, it seems like very often. I would say here comes that 9.... here comes that 3, here comes that heart... and then it comes! lol Who else? Or should I stop saying it? Is it law of attraction or are online systems indeed rigged in some way?

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha you have literally just described my last tourney exit well almost i have AA , utg raises 5xbb it comes to me i make it 12xbb re-raise im in the cut off the sb who is a crazy agro player calls,initial raiser calls flop comes 689 all off suit utg player all-in i call with the aces ,sb idiot calls utg turns over JJ great i have him beat, sb donkey of course has 7 10 off and after turn im drawing dead, earlier in the tourney i also lost with KK to 64 off all-in pre flop but luckily i had him covered, sorry for all the details but to answer your question i know exactly how you feel 🤮😁

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, they're rigged! They've traced it back (don't ask who "they" are) to DJT Enterprises, or something like that (previously in NYC) now in Florida. Word is "they" bought up the rights to all of the RNGs a little over 4 years ago. "They" bet (a million-to-one long shot at the time) on the US government turning a blind eye - it worked & "they" made a killing!

b289fd2ddb8019711a53b5b3f3526f81.png

Last edited:
M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anything fishy is going on or that it is rigged. The flop is not always going to have face cards in it. AK doesn't always bring out a Q T J flop. AA doesn't always give you a third A on flop. People will often called with suited connectors so when a 3 to a straight is flopped this sometimes smashes their range. This is poker.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Permanent losses are possible only in the absence of analysis over the game. If there is no bankroll management. If there is no game plan.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you just pay more attention to such moments. Unlikely a such "gravitation" is possible on proven online poker sites and certainly not in a live games.

"Every time you play a hand differently from the way you would have played it if you could see all your opponents' cards, they gain" (Sklansky).

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha you have literally just described my last tourney exit

Lol man, I just laughed reading this. Well, I understand variance... I play live games for fun and very small buy ins. sometimes. It hardly happens as often as in online... but I guess one could argue I play more online games and would thus see it more too. Last night I had 2 exact situations like these.... Perhaps I shoulda screenshot them.

I guess the only thing that is absolutely true is that this question will linger for long after all of us have already left this earth!

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have this so often when i'm in the coinflip and i'm ahead and at the river i think ok now i'm going to lose and then it happens

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what i love most about cardschat is the poker preachers when someone has a bad beat story out they come talking about equity and variance i wonder are these the same people when it happens to them they are smashing laptops/phones kicking their cat around the room 😂 i understand variance equity when i share a bad beat story im not angry or bitter i have moved past that it's just nice to have a thread to blow off a little steam, i am not playing poker to earn a living would i like to win when i am way ahead yeah sure but i know these things happen, rant over best of luck on the tables today poker people 🤞👍

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, getting AA or KK or any nice starting hand cracked by a loose player is not a happy moment while playing poker. Although, cracking those hands are. How many players reading this have taken down pocket aces w/a smaller pkt-pr or suited connectors? Flopping a set or an awesome draw is what drives players to play and/or call w/certain hands, imo. The bigger the risk the bigger the reward, usually.
I've been playing online for over 10 yrs and have been on both sides of this situation, the tough beats and the issue of online poker being rigged. I suppose one could argue that the micro to low stakes are full of donks and all-inners so players will buy in for more in hopes of a "better game". My argument to that is Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, Gus Hansen, Pat Antonius, etc. If anybody remembers playing at Full Tilt then you remember watching them go at it for hours on end. I saw some of the sickest beats, bluffs, and hero-calls ever played online. I watched them play the same way live, too; and they're betting w/new houses and Lambos. My point is is that AA, KK, AK are not bullet proof. There's no one hand that is supposed to win. I'm disappointed when I play 98std and it loses, silly me.
As far as the RNG is concerned I've been dealt AA 3 times in a row at a live table. Called a smaller stack's all-in w/83std and flopped a boat. The pokergodz giveth and the pokergodz taketh away. :tee:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, they're rigged! They've traced it back (don't ask who "they" are) to DJT Enterprises, or something like that (previously in NYC) now in Florida. Word is "they" bought up the rights to all of the RNGs a little over 4 years ago. "They" bet (a million-to-one long shot at the time) on the US government turning a blind eye - it worked & "they" made a killing!

b289fd2ddb8019711a53b5b3f3526f81.png
"they" :rofl: scary,,,, :eek:

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me all the time. I just laugh and know the odds are fixed.

Then again all in with J 8 , wins a lot.. Manage you bankroll

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Absolutely, they're rigged!

Oh my God!!!:eek:
I will never sit down to play online again.
now only live tournaments.
holy shit, in this country, it's not available to mere mortals.:(

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I'm not bitter about it. It's just become part of online poker for me.... I'm now always mindful. What I wasn't sure of was if I'm just unlucky like that or is there a statistic that could paint a better picture? Seems like there are many statistics lol

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that such situations often occur. And you start to think that aces are the smallest pair of ones. And these thoughts, when others collect the most mythical combinations. Therefore, I try to say during the distribution: "Ace, ace, ace, ace, ace, ace, ace". Without stopping, so other thoughts don't come. :eviltongu

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Get some statistical data on your own game and you will see for yourself that the cards runs just about they should.

It is all in the mind. We see what we want to see and remember what we want to. If you have a small feeling that online poker is rigged you will start to see the patterns that back up your theory while conveniently forgetting all the other times.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Something fishy or all in a fish's mind?

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems that such situations often occur. And you start to think that aces are the smallest pair of ones. And these thoughts, when others collect the most mythical combinations. Therefore, I try to say during the distribution: "Ace, ace, ace, ace, ace, ace, ace". Without stopping, so other thoughts don't come. :eviltongu

LMFAOOOOOOOO! ... You know I've recently caught myself doing the same thing! To a surprising amount of success if I think about it...

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
LMFAOOOOOOOO! ... You know I've recently caught myself doing the same thing! To a surprising amount of success if I think about it...

Clearly this thread is more about your mystical powers, than of poker variance or rigged cards. ;)

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's all in your mind, that doesn't really exist, projects have their percentage of completion and it can be for or against, you should count the times that this happens and write down all the times that these projects are not completed and how many if, when If you have a significant sample such as at least 5000 hands, you will see that the percentage of times the project is completed is similar to the percentage that the hand has to win.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad beats

I find myself resorting to that stupid play. I get so mad when I go all in with AA and a 23 off suit calls and wins. lately when 4 or 5 people are all in I call with 56 ,67,78 , 910 ,10 j suited and I win a lot of times. Stupid call but if you cant beat em join em.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just happened tonight, I am BB with AA and UTG bets 2.5 LJ 4 bets 9.5 so I push all in. UTG calls with AK and LJ call with 37os, The flop comes, boom, a 3 and a 7 LJ takes the pot and cripples other chip stacks. Just unreal.

eRaS55

eRaS55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just happened tonight, I am BB with AA and UTG bets 2.5 LJ 4 bets 9.5 so I push all in. UTG calls with AK and LJ call with 37os, The flop comes, boom, a 3 and a 7 LJ takes the pot and cripples other chip stacks. Just unreal.

I find myself resorting to that stupid play. I get so mad when I go all in with AA and a 23 off suit calls and wins. lately when 4 or 5 people are all in I call with 56 ,67,78 , 910 ,10 j suited and I win a lot of times. Stupid call but if you cant beat em join em.

Yeah, they happen and we are gutted for sure.... but did you call it? Did u say in your head (or out loud), "Here comes that suck out!" as it happened is the question?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constant losses is the lack of studying and analysis of the game. Unless the site is rigged.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think these sites are rigged but i do believe in ‘action’ hands. I’ve noticed a lot of times AA go all I’m to be called by AK or KK. Whether it’s to increase rake or to encourage players to play loose in tournaments and speed up the elimination. I recently got eliminated in a a bounty tournament after having pocket 3s, I raised to 2BB with 4 or 5 callling me. The flop came with nothing of interest to me where luckily everyone checked, on the turn the 3 turned up so I bet with 5 BB with everyone folding apart from one who called, the ace turned up on the river and I was rubbing my hands hoping the villain had been waiting for this ace, I moved in with roughly 10bb and sure enough he called with pocket aces unbelievable.