ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends. Generally I frown on slow play, but there are some games where the only way to get chips out of people is by trapping.
But for the most part, you lessen the equity you realise by slow playing strong hands. Same goes for sets. Generally I bet the strong hands actively... if you take down the pot without any contest, no worries -- you've won the pot. But if you meet resistance...what good was the limp?
You ncan end up leaving a lot of chips in someone else's stack by playing coy. Also, you can let people get too many free cards and get your aces cracked.
The other thing, slow play lets too many others into the pot who can out-draw you. Make them pay to be in the hand or make them watch from the sidelines.
Cheers,
JT

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
98% of the times I got a pair of Aces, I went all in, and ended up losing or leaving the tournament, 1.5% of the times I tried to play slow, I left my opponents with more chips, that is, I'm not playing with AA anymore fold

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
neither
raise and then depending on the flop

D

davis_mark59

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Does anyone slow play pocket Aces or just go all in with them
Generally will slow play unless there is already a raise in front of me. That said if I am short stacked will go all in pre flop

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does anyone slow play pocket Aces or just go all in with them
Depends on what I’m playing (cash or MTT), the field I’m playing against and the stacks in play. Pre flop though I won’t hesitate to shove if it comes to that. I do prefer to play them subtlety though if I can, this way there’s a chance of drawing in more bets but also I may avoid them getting cracked by seeing the community cards play out. So in short, there’s a lot of variables I consider.

IreAce

IreAce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a various number of factors. To answer accurately we would need more information i.e. stack depth, tournament/cash structure, vs knowns/unknowns, confidence and knowledge in post flop play, stage of tournament and so on. As a general rule of thumb play aggressively with your aces until you have reason not to.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Like some others said, it depends on so many factors. Position, cash or tournament, stack sizes, blind sizes etc. I played them with the usual raise and I also limped with them.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If i ever get dealt Aces i will let you know

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Have you ever imagined how to trick your opponents with slow play? Being a quiet and slow player can work in your favor. In a skillful game like poker, where you play opponents with more than your own cards, skillful deception is vital. Are you calling quietly and hoping your opponent will be trapped in the next rounds? Alternatively, do you check to see if you should go first and raise on the next round? These are all slow play tactics that will help you hide the real strength of your hand. You can lure and trap the enemy with this skill.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello!
I will play as usual, only more confidently.

You don't need to play any particular card differently if your opponent will open this hand, he will be able to reveal your tactics)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
On the bubble with the short stack when all the other stakes are higher than mine i would prefer slow play. Because it's bubble.
If i have one of biggest stakes at the table i also often won't go allin preflop. I will just wait and watch. If someone will go allin i'll just call.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you are sure that one of the players will call, then you can risk all in. But if players play without much risk, then you raise a little or wait for another player to raise. As you can see, you always decide differently depending on the play of the others.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
You gotta mix it up mate.
I personnaly tend to play agressively with Aces, and I think that I need to balance aggressive play with slow play.
I mostly slow play when I suspect a squeeze after I float.
Gl at the tables

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slow play in early position and waiting for them to raise, otherwise the play is very uncomfortable and usually frustrating because several enter the hand or those who enter did so with the minimum and on the flop they usually connect prospects, the raise is always the best option from my point of view, of course it depends on many factors but still I usually play with raise that hand

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pocket aces is a hand that you should play to win a lot of chips, we have to play them according to the table situation, if it's a very loose table, where many players call with any hand, I make a more aggressive play, if it's a tighter table, I slow play in order to take a lot of chips from my opponent

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm just going to ALL-IN and let everything be what happens I don't worry about this map:)

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
on preflop it’s all in. but after flop making allIn is not good idea

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never slowplay AA on the micros, because you will get a lot of bad calls preflop. Also with a limp you give all other players good odds to call. multiway AA have not as much equity as headsup.

AA vs 1 range (22+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KJo+) => 82%
AA vs 3 ranges (22+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KJo+) => 58%

So also you do not want to play multiway with AA.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something in between those two options is usually a better idea

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level