Rules of good manners when playing online poker

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
For example, when playing one-on-one, the opponent is eliminated. How to act? Play for time? If the card is not very good, should you make a check and complete the deal until the opponent's cards open? Or is it foolish to raise the stakes immediately after the opponent leaves the network?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The rule of good tone in poker is not to insult other players. If the opponent lost the connection, then luck was on your side today, because you did not lose the connection.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Treat the players like you want to be treated show respect if you win or lose be a good sport.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If someone loses their connection you are free to play as you see fit. It is good to remember that your doing so does not require your opponent to return the favor when & if your circumstances are reversed later in the game. No worries in a HU game about collusion it's true, as the only one potentially harmed by deliberately soft play is you.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if i was a big name pro playing for a major online title ( or in a televised event ), where skill + glory are as important as the prize money, i might wait for my opponent to re connect . otherwise play as quickly as possible to blind him or her down !

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Please do not fling poop or garbage! Very insulting and not sporting at all. The best thing you can do when you felt cheated is to go on and win. I may go on tilt but I would never throw things that are disrespectful at fellow players. I'm not talking about trophies or money or champagne. I'm talking offensive things that would be worst that being coursed to your face. A live poker room would never allow you to throw something at a fellow player. If you are one who does this online and at CardsChat freerolls... for shame on you as you have no honor!

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
i always press raise and take my chips, this is poker, you play to win those chips, by any means, i don't think it's necessary to be noble

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For example, when playing one-on-one, the opponent is eliminated. How to act? Play for time? If the card is not very good, should you make a check and complete the deal until the opponent's cards open? Or is it foolish to raise the stakes immediately after the opponent leaves the network?
If you are a sportsman, or sportswoman, you would wait for your opponent to re-connect.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What do you think he would do with
Например, при игре один на один соперник выбывает. Как действовать? Играть на время? Если карта не очень хорошая, стоит ли делать чек и завершать раздачу до тех пор, пока карты противника не откроются? Или глупо повышать ставки сразу после выхода противника из сети?
What do you think he would do to you in a situation like this? Because decide so and do it with him if he flew out, no one is safe from this. I also had situations when I flew out, in which case no one ever expected me. This is a money game where everyone tries to beat or outwit their opponent.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is necessary to take as a basis your goal in general and then you will understand how to act. For example, my goal is just to win the tournament. And therefore I will do everything allowed by the rules to achieve my goal.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Huh?.... being disconnected sucks but it is just one of the hazards of online play as everyone knows, in the history of recorded time absolutely no one has ever sat and folded to me while I was disconnected nor would I ever expect them too👍

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! I also don't approve of littering, and I've never done it myself. At most, I would signal a friend at the table by launching a flare. I try not to react to such behavior; to me, it's similar to conversations at the table where insults start flying after losing. Keep your composure! If you lose, it means your opponent has proven to be more attentive or lucky – congratulate them and wait for another opportunity for luck to come your way!

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello if is an important big game or twitch or something i think i could wait all the time but if its a one dolar spin or something similar is not my problem right? What can u do just raise and take the chips

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I always start to show respect and good manners to all players if the other players does not do the same it is not ok and should not be accepted.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Losing connection while playing Online happens all the time, That is why I don't play for huge amounts, I have had it happen to me so many times in the past, it is soul destroying. Especially if it is out of your control and nothing to do with your equipment.
I actually feel for players who lose connection, and it makes me feel like a "Thief" stealing their blinds, with a 7/2 off, knowing they cannot defend, but I think it has happened to me, so what goes around comes around, I will lose connection myself some days.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As long as you are not being abusive in the chat, I think anything else goes. I mean there isn't alot you can do to offend people anyway.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The all people are different, from the different countries, with own culture... Therefore I wouldn't accuse anyone in anything.
Main, that behavior every player didn't break the rules definite Poker room!

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In this case there is no rule stipulated by the poker room, there is only respect between the players. Several years ago something like what you are talking about happened in a pokerstars tournament and the player who was connected waited for the other

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think you mean even though you are on SB and BB is offline.
There really isn't a specific rule that tells you what you have to do.
I do something very simple. I limp, I see the flop, I check, and I see the turn and I bet, he will logically fold.
That way you show the entire table that you play the hand, and then they can analyze whether you are serious about betting or if you are bluffing.
The bets must be varied, and you should not always do the same action.
Greetings:):):)

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you have to play to win. Without breaking the rules, of course.

Poker Rules - Poker Games