hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many companies are there that manufacture RNGs? What organization tests them to make sure they are truely random? If there are more than one to either of these questions, does anybody standout as being better? I have never seen this question or its answers
TY
Jim

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Very interesting thread you’ve started, I personally have observed as I image many have instances that defy what’s supposed to be random. I even have compelling logs that suggest the RNG isn’t random at all, and leans more to providing a statistical variance in your outcomes based on more of a payout system you would find in fruit machines. I don’t wish to rock the boat but I’m very sure you know what I mean lol... An example of unlikely behaviour would be when you get a dirty suck out resulting in a substantial loss to your stack and you get AKs monster very next hand, or the short stacks that survive relentlessly with garbage....

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
See it all the time and it’s naughty.....

Rafaelmendes021

Rafaelmendes021

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting topic that you started, I personally observed when imagining that many have instances that challenge what should be random. I even have convincing records that suggest that the RNG is not random and is more inclined to provide a statistical variation in its results based on a payment system that you would find in fruit machines. I don't want to rock the boat but I'm sure you know what I mean lol... An example of unlikely behavior would be when you get a dirty suction, resulting in a substantial loss for your stack and you get monster AKs in the next hand, or the short stacks that survive relentlessly on the garbage...
I agree that I often see this happen!

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting thread you’ve started, I personally have observed as I image many have instances that defy what’s supposed to be random. I even have compelling logs that suggest the RNG isn’t random at all, and leans more to providing a statistical variance in your outcomes based on more of a payout system you would find in fruit machines. I don’t wish to rock the boat but I’m very sure you know what I mean lol... An example of unlikely behaviour would be when you get a dirty suck out resulting in a substantial loss to your stack and you get AKs monster very next hand, or the short stacks that survive relentlessly with garbage....
I never thought of it in this manner but this makes a lot of sense. I also have statistical evidence and hand histories showing terrible anomalies with at least the RNG for ACR. For instance, I played for 9 hours yesterday (2-3 tables at a time) and lost 90% of the flips I was in. I took many terrible runner runner bad beats (including a AK v AK hand in which he flopped one to his suit and turned and rivered his suit to scoop what should have been a split pot). Over the last 52k hand, I flop trips a little less than 9% when I should be at 12%. I make flushes way less than 20% of the time during the same span. Yet, opponents flop sets against me constantly and will make runner runner flushes more often than I make flushes with 4 to a suit on the flop. So, if ACR is based on a payout system, they need to start paying me out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many companies are there that manufacture RNGs? What organization tests them to make sure they are truely random? If there are more than one to either of these questions, does anybody standout as being better? I have never seen this question or its answers
TY
Jim
I don't know who programs these but there should be some research done into the programmers, the people who implement the programs for the cardrooms and the companies that allegedly verify and test the software. I wish I had the time to do it.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never thought of it in this manner but this makes a lot of sense. I also have statistical evidence and hand histories showing terrible anomalies with at least the RNG for ACR. For instance, I played for 9 hours yesterday (2-3 tables at a time) and lost 90% of the flips I was in. I took many terrible runner runner bad beats (including a AK v AK hand in which he flopped one to his suit and turned and rivered his suit to scoop what should have been a split pot). Over the last 52k hand, I flop trips a little less than 9% when I should be at 12%. I make flushes way less than 20% of the time during the same span. Yet, opponents flop sets against me constantly and will make runner runner flushes more often than I make flushes with 4 to a suit on the flop. So, if ACR is based on a payout system, they need to start paying me out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I used to be a poker dealer Andy rubbed shoulders with many industry connected and involved individuals... rigged is not the word.... call it data related unnatural 😉

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to be a poker dealer Andy rubbed shoulders with many industry connected and involved individuals... rigged is not the word.... call it data related unnatural 😉
You may notice after a bad session, you come back to unrealistic good fortune.... the loss/opportunity variance endures to to balance you out somewhat, but that’s also effected by your habits regarding Buy-In travel as a result of your session journeys.. Good luck as the struggle I see genuinely real 🤞

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The RNG is fine, don't worry yourself about sillyness you see on the internet relating to it. Some guy lost AA to my KK last night and went on about it for 2 hours in chat lol. Some people just don't understand variance.

Then others are just bad at the game and believe they are good so they always lose (as they're bad), and they come up with conspiracies on how the site is for some reason cheating them in favor of another person for some unknown reason, usually for the belief that the sites want to 'juice' up pots to maximize the amount of rake they get. However almost every poker site have something called 'rake caps', which usually cap out at 1-2bb, so that doesn't really make much sense when you really think about it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

But why? Why would they choose YOUR account?

Honestly when I read a post like this I can't believe how so many folks allow themselves to think like this. How could you even possibly begin to play online poker with thoughts like this?!?!?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The problem with most people who say this is they dont have enough hands to avoid variance. I dont know how many you would need but it got to be in the tens of millions.

As Poker orifice said above, why would they pick your account to do this to. Ever since the early days people have had all kids of reasons. Make your 1st deposit and you with alot real quickly before they make you lose and deposit more. The cash out curse, Yeah you make a with drawl and the make it o you suddenly lose and need to depot . The bigger stack always wins not matter what. Love that one since I dont win every time. LOL. Short stacks that survive, ok see the big stack never loses. Piss off the site and the doom switch you. Yes some people believe that too. Umm aces dont win as they should. My PT3 showed I won 83% of the time in all in situations. did lose 6 in a row one LOL and on and on.

Now do I believe the poker site RNG is perfect like a dealer? Nope I don't but its not as bad and many think it is and its pretty dang good.

Now here is a good question, why do professional players do fine online if its rigged? Do the sites say lets make him a pro? I dont believe that's so. The truth is many of the better poker player today go there starts online.

Now one last thing, many people will post there bad beats and say how wrong they are. Its must be the RNG or its rigged. The thing is why doesn't anyone post the bad beats they give?

Fact, I am in a good downswing at the moment. Why is this? After looking through my hand and play it was my mistakes that are coting me not the sites.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't know who programs these but there should be some research done into the programmers, the people who implement the programs for the cardrooms and the companies that allegedly verify and test the software. I wish I had the time to do it.
That’s a rabbit hole that would stop you playing online.... the house always wins with all gambling... broadening your scope of potential eventuality where let’s say... affiliation is a factor then you can visualise the potential holes in the software we all religiously funnel our funds to. During the days of Full Tilt and Black Belt poker I observed software that showed all cards at a table. Can’t remeber the name of it now but it or a variation of it very likely still exits on some clients.... A lot of money to acquire such software.

Though and I can’t believe I forgot about this, but a guy I know was given a rake back deal from a client he played on as he is a consistent player and he git back at us that his software in regards to luck changed instantly and he was getting better results over all in all his sessions. I’d speculate like I always have that if your a continuous assistance to the traffic and action on the online felts, that you are favoured by the RNG over time. I’ve had a very eventful few day on stars and had a terrible run of bad beats and suck outs where I was miles ahead. This was in games I’d satellited into.... I took a break, came back and the complete opposite I see what I’ve been presented with.... I replenished with a decent profit from my days rollercoaster of HR level chase of events (I won’t direct MTT buy for anything over $11, but will hit the occasional flurry of HUHT up to $25). I played the $5 Kick-Off and we’ll see for yourself lol. The awareness of the way the RNG behaves is the reason I play like i do online, though for any of you looking at my stats..... Looks are very deceiving, but you can find me at 5/10 and 8/16 often lol.

Attachments

• 18A4E297-DD8C-4541-B3E9-06EBBBBEFE29.jpeg
    18A4E297-DD8C-4541-B3E9-06EBBBBEFE29.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 14
  • E1D1A1EA-C8DC-4EC8-881D-4BF610297FC5.jpeg
    E1D1A1EA-C8DC-4EC8-881D-4BF610297FC5.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 11
  • B9BE443B-0443-4AEC-9DB2-98DDBFC54193.png
    B9BE443B-0443-4AEC-9DB2-98DDBFC54193.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1B350EFE-125D-4013-B7CF-1A962AC747EC.jpeg
    1B350EFE-125D-4013-B7CF-1A962AC747EC.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 11
  • 37F7BAC3-39C3-4706-9BA2-10DEA81479C9.jpeg
    37F7BAC3-39C3-4706-9BA2-10DEA81479C9.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 15
M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TY
Jim
I completely agree, and I believe that online poker should have an international agency that oversees the systems to ensure better suitability for the games and more rigorously control the new poker systems that arise in the world.
But this may seem like a utopia, as companies will never allow themselves to be inspected externally.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The RNG is fine, don't worry yourself about sillyness you see on the internet relating to it. Some guy lost AA to my KK last night and went on about it for 2 hours in chat lol. Some people just don't understand variance.

Then others are just bad at the game and believe they are good so they always lose (as they're bad), and they come up with conspiracies on how the site is for some reason cheating them in favor of another person for some unknown reason, usually for the belief that the sites want to 'juice' up pots to maximize the amount of rake they get. However almost every Poker Site have something called 'rake caps', which usually cap out at 1-2bb, so that doesn't really make much sense when you really think about it.
Rake cap of 1 to 2 bb’s... Where lol 😳 And lmfao over the hour of AA bitching haha

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
But why? Why would they choose YOUR account?

Honestly when I read a post like this I can't believe how so many folks allow themselves to think like this. How could you even possibly begin to play online poker with thoughts like this?!?!?
Not thoughts, knowledge. I’m not sure where and why you say "Why would they choose YOUR account?” Like you have... did you understand what I actually said? 🤷‍♂️

But aside cos I really don’t wish to poke this bear again, the RNG isn’t random and I know this by fact if the truth be told.

Ps... If any PS involved reading this.... ☝☝️☝️☝️ I still have them 🙀. Well it’s actually WE!!!!

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If PS had a non random rng, the independent auditors would have caught it long ago.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I completely agree, and I believe that online poker should have an international agency that oversees the systems to ensure better suitability for the games and more rigorously control the new poker systems that arise in the world.
But this may seem like a utopia, as companies will never allow themselves to be inspected externally.

Perhaps Putin could oversee all of the companies in the world who operate online poker sites?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not thoughts, knowledge. I’m not sure where and why you say "Why would they choose YOUR account?” Like you have... did you understand what I actually said? 🤷‍♂️

But aside cos I really don’t wish to poke this bear again, the RNG isn’t random and I know this by fact if the truth be told.

Ps... If any PS involved reading this.... ☝☝️☝️☝️ I still have them 🙀. Well it’s actually WE!!!!

I can't tell you what I really think of your posts. I also don't want to say things to upset you.
But I will say, your comment re: Fulltilt Poker and how software was obtainable for a high price where you'd be able to see all the holecards of all the players on the table. Just stop and think about that for a minute.
Once I read that comment, I realized what I was up against. You win! lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I observed software that showed all cards at a table. Can’t remeber the name of it now but it or a variation of it very likely still exits on some clients.... A lot of money to acquire such software.
Honestly this ^ part had me rolling. Thanks for the entertainment.
I do wish you the best though. And I hope they don't hit the buttons on you (you know.. like runner runner , AK v AQ with 10bb's on Bubble, Set over Set, lol)
ScreenHunter 11188

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rake cap of 1 to 2 bb’s... Where lol 😳 And lmfao over the hour of AA bitching haha
Micro stakes are the exception, but any stakes above like NLH25 you can find many sites with the rakes being capped at like 1/2bb.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Honestly this ^ part had me rolling. Thanks for the entertainment.
I do wish you the best though. And I hope they don't hit the buttons on you (you know.. like runner runner , AK v AQ with 10bb's on Bubble, Set over Set, lol)
View attachment 326652
Hit the buttons on me? What the hell are you on about ffs? Do yourself some research. And thanks for the well wishing

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can't tell you what I really think of your posts. I also don't want to say things to upset you.
But I will say, your comment re: Fulltilt Poker and how software was obtainable for a high price where you'd be able to see all the holecards of all the players on the table. Just stop and think about that for a minute.
Once I read that comment, I realized what I was up against. You win! lol
You could never upset me, the hostility resonates from you and a few of your dug in deep associates as you can’t perceive much more than what’s right before your noses. Is what it is I ain’t losing no sleep..... Just been exiled from showing you something new in the way to play the game.... Bubble spawn

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit the buttons on me? What the hell are you on about ffs? Do yourself some research. And thanks for the well wishing

There is probably no arguing with you but that is just some random unlicensed/regulated App and who knows if that video is true or not lol.

They can't do that with a site like pokerstars for example (or really any regulated/licensed site) because of how encryption works. It pulls a seed from a string of data on the computer that is compiled based on a bunch of random things. It's impossible for anyone to know what that string of data is going to be

Last edited:
kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is probably no arguing with you but that is just some random unlicensed/regulated app and who knows if that video is true or not lol.

They can't do that with a site like Pokerstars for example (or really any regulated/licensed site) because of how encryption works. It pulls a seed from a string of data on the computer that is compiled based on a bunch of random things. It's impossible for anyone to know what that string of data is going to be
I’m not about arguing, I value varied debate..... People are too quick to get heated when they struggle to consider the unconventional, it’s human condition alas. I come from an unusual past and have seen and witnessed some truly unfathomable instances. I used to mingle with ethical hackers... well they are now anyways lol. My dad was a programmer, an associate for Zerox I’ve seen all sorts... you should watch that new Luther film, that tech to attach to all your digital is a decade old.... what’s possible now morphs it. Reason why I struggle using all this online stuff lol, nothings connected to each other. My phone doesn’t even have data, my ipad is on its own network to my laptop etc. 😉

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is probably no arguing with you but that is just some random unlicensed/regulated app and who knows if that video is true or not lol.

They can't do that with a site like Pokerstars for example (or really any regulated/licensed site) because of how encryption works. It pulls a seed from a string of data on the computer that is compiled based on a bunch of random things. It's impossible for anyone to know what that string of data is going to be
Oh and in regards to the poker software hacks, it was many years back when I was still a croupier and I was travelling for weekend stints all over when’s I came across em. This was back in the Full Tilt days,... The unregulated most definitely have always been around, as for the bigger sites I don’t know, but if I worked for one I’d imagine there is a way after all we can watch the replays after 🤷‍♂️