puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been seeing something lately that really bothers me about the RNG of several sites. I won't name them but anyone who plays with me knows which sites I am frequenting.

This is what I am seeing over and over and over: a particular player wins a given hand on showdown and then 3 turns later, it is usually the player to this person's left who gets a good hand and wins.

I'm obviously not the first to know this because there are many players who play speculative hands out of position to exploit this RNG feature. I've tracked it down to almost every single time I got knocked out of a tournament with a strong hand. It is usually because the villain player is in the position as described above (left of the winner three hands go), is coming along with a speculative hand and getting their miracle board.

For a while I was thinking that maybe I could somehow use this to my advantage but somehow a lot of other players are already doing this. It just comes down to avoiding playing against a "primed" player and playing when you are the "primed" player. When your rightmost neighbour isn't winning anything, it becomes difficult to get anywhere in a tournament.

So I am putting this out there for everyone to see. Do your own tests and see for yourself if your site is using the same type of RNG that does this. I haven't checked poker stars recently but it could very well be the same there.

There may be another similar effect with the positioning of players relative to one another after one full orbit around the table, but it is a bit less obvious.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well this sounds unfair,but also unprobable,and if no one knows about it no one will exploit so i dont know XD
Investigations maybe
Lord knows
God bless

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@fundiver what do you think of this? Could this possibly be 'GTFO' poker theory?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been seeing something lately that really bothers me about the RNG of several sites. I won't name them but anyone who plays with me knows which sites I am frequenting.

This is what I am seeing over and over and over: a particular player wins a given hand on showdown and then 3 turns later, it is usually the player to this person's left who gets a good hand and wins.

I'm obviously not the first to know this because there are many players who play speculative hands out of position to exploit this RNG feature. I've tracked it down to almost every single time I got knocked out of a tournament with a strong hand. It is usually because the villain player is in the position as described above (left of the winner three hands go), is coming along with a speculative hand and getting their miracle board.

For a while I was thinking that maybe I could somehow use this to my advantage but somehow a lot of other players are already doing this. It just comes down to avoiding playing against a "primed" player and playing when you are the "primed" player. When your rightmost neighbour isn't winning anything, it becomes difficult to get anywhere in a tournament.

So I am putting this out there for everyone to see. Do your own tests and see for yourself if your site is using the same type of RNG that does this. I haven't checked Poker Stars recently but it could very well be the same there.

There may be another similar effect with the positioning of players relative to one another after one full orbit around the table, but it is a bit less obvious.

Can I put this one on Twitter? I'd love to see a general consensus. (I mean you might be on to something here... )

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can I put this one on Twitter? I'd love to see a general consensus. (I mean you might be on to something here... )
You can if you want. That isn't to say that this is 100% the way it always works everywhere, but the repeated involvement of the same player positions is pretty suspicious. If nothing else, it will get more players looking at this closer.

I did try to observe the same thing on Poker Stars yesterday but it doesn't seem to be based on the "left of winner in 3" priming that I described. Last I recall, there was something similar over an orbit around the table, but I haven't looked at it much.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well this sounds unfair,but also unprobable,and if no one knows about it no one will exploit so i dont know XD
Investigations maybe
Lord knows
God bless
Based on how many players I see exploiting it, I doubt that.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So I am putting this out there for everyone to see. Do your own tests and see for yourself if your site is using the same type of RNG that does this. I haven't checked Poker Stars recently but it could very well be the same there.

Wow, what an interesting pattern, your information is super valuable. Now I'm going to be rich! I don't know why you're not rich yet, even though you know that. I know very well what you are doing...:cautious::rolleyes:
All you have to do is hit a big hit and forget all this nonsense, I play with you several times and honestly, players tilt, but you were the first one I saw permanently tilted, day after day...

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, what an interesting pattern, your information is super valuable. Now I'm going to be rich! I don't know why you're not rich yet, even though you know that. I know very well what you are doing...:cautious::rolleyes:
All you have to do is hit a big hit and forget all this nonsense, I play with you several times and honestly, players tilt, but you were the first one I saw permanently tilted, day after day...
I didn't make this thread for personal attacks. It's either real or it isn't. I'm just leaving it up to players to do their own homework.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My biggest concern isn't whether or not it's real... my concern is that it IS real and if I post it on Twitter, everyone's going to be taking advantage of it, leaving nothing for those of us who got in on the ground floor.
Yah.. I don't think I'm going to put it up on Twitter ('X') just yet.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. Stop looking for a black cat in a dark room, but of course, if you enjoy it, you will continue to do so. I have a friend who follows his own theory: he enters tournaments at the late registration and regardless of his position or the cards he's dealt, he goes all-in and doubles up in 75% of cases. I consider all of this to be in the category of randomness, just like the possibility of me opening with a pocket pair and hitting a full house on the flop - yes, mathematically it's possible in a certain percentage of cases, but the actual hitting is a matter of extreme luck. Instead of relying on such luck, it's better to learn how to correctly play your range; in the long run, it's more profitable. Don't be upset, supporters of theories!! Good luck to everyone!!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't be upset, supporters of theories!!
This isn't a theory. It's just an observation over many games that raises suspicion. If a lot more people observe the same thing and reach some threshold of reproducibility, then there can maybe be talk of theories.

I'm comfortable to keep playing online poker as best as I can while keeping an eye on this and hopefully anyone else that reads does the same, looks at their hand histories, and comes to their own conclusions.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
it is only the visible part of the mountain that hides in the mystery of poker
believe me, we still don't know anything, etc

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just my suspicions because I've also noticed a lot of unusual things
a)created bots that swipe chips from real players
b)we can easily fall for false advertising both online and in the real world
c)Earlier people had to go to war and loot other countries with guns but now the looting is very subtle and smart because of the internet.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It would be nice if you can prove this with tracked hands, all other is pure “let's see what others have to say to this statement”.
Hopefully the sites allows handhistories that can be analyzed.
And please this is in no way a personal attack, only a question for real evidence.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This isn't a theory. It's just an observation over many games that raises suspicion. If a lot more people observe the same thing and reach some threshold of reproducibility, then there can maybe be talk of theories.

I'm comfortable to keep playing online poker as best as I can while keeping an eye on this and hopefully anyone else that reads does the same, looks at their hand histories, and comes to their own conclusions.
People already do this, they already analyze their hands and their patterns, but that is their responsibility. What they do doesn't need to be shown or justified to work. Reach your conclusions and practice them, if your observations were so accurate you wouldn't be here complaining you would be using this to your advantage. However, your observations are just speculations so you prefer to dump a bucket of shit on people. There's no point in anyone helping you, you have to think and conclude in your own mind, it's you with the RNG that works this way for you, so don't try to collect other people's information to benefit yourself because that won't happen.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be nice if you can prove this with tracked hands, all other is pure “let's see what others have to say to this statement”.
And please this is in no way a personal attack, only a question for real evidence.
but it is not possible for me to analyze the history of other players, for example I get kicked out of the tournament but the tournament continues and I can't see what is happening and with what card the fish who won my QQ with 27 is playing
for example, I choose the game history of the suspicious players but I cant get it

RNG means (Random number generation thats right

take a deck of poker cards and deal them on the table 100 times
do it as an experiment and see how many random combinations are possible
it's just poker win lose win lose win lose and that 100000000000 times
BUT OF COURSE IT'S NEVER GOOD TO BE CHEATED etc

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One does and one doesn't.

I guess the question is how to prove something like this without seeing every single hand of every player? Can't be done except maybe on certain final table replays

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
One does and one doesn't.

I guess the question is how to prove something like this without seeing every single hand of every player? Can't be done except maybe on certain final table replays

even if you see the final table or have met the players maybe half of them are robots, etc

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
so don't try to collect other people's information to benefit yourself because that won't happen.
I don't want any information
even if you see the final table or have met the players maybe half of them are robots, etc
Doesn't matter because they still have to play using the same RNG everyone else is using, so everything should go the same way (in terms of how the RNG deals) whenever they reach showdown.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Doesn't matter because they still have to play using the same RNG everyone else is using, so everything should go the same way (in terms of how the RNG deals) whenever they reach showdown.
but how to increase and gain more trust

In the world of poker game development, fairness and integrity are of utmost importance. To ensure a level playing field, online poker games rely on the use of Random Number Generators (RNGs).
Implementing an RNG is crucial for ensuring fairness in online poker games. By generating random card distributions, the RNG prevents any manipulation or bias that could favour certain players or hands. This fosters a sense of trust among players, knowing that the game’s outcome is determined purely by chance.
RNGs eliminate any predictability in online poker games. Without an RNG, players could exploit patterns or predict certain card distributions, giving them an unfair advantage over others. The RNG creates a level playing field, ensuring that each hand is unique and unpredictable.
Online poker aims to recreate the excitement and authenticity of playing at a physical poker table. An RNG helps replicate the random card distribution and outcomes that players experience in live games. It adds credibility to the online poker platform, attracting players who seek a genuine poker experience.
Good luck at the tables!

Last edited by a moderator:
Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the world of poker game development, fairness and integrity are of utmost importance. To ensure a level playing field, online poker games rely on the use of Random Number Generators (RNGs).
Implementing an RNG is crucial for ensuring fairness in online poker games. By generating random card distributions, the RNG prevents any manipulation or bias that could favour certain players or hands. This fosters a sense of trust among players, knowing that the game’s outcome is determined purely by chance.
RNGs eliminate any predictability in online poker games. Without an RNG, players could exploit patterns or predict certain card distributions, giving them an unfair advantage over others. The RNG creates a level playing field, ensuring that each hand is unique and unpredictable.
Online poker aims to recreate the excitement and authenticity of playing at a physical poker table. An RNG helps replicate the random card distribution and outcomes that players experience in live games. It adds credibility to the online poker platform, attracting players who seek a genuine poker experience.
Good luck at the tables!
Yes we got it u want to get to platinum as quickly as possible. But please stop now tarding up the thread with ur nonsense and copypastes.

Thanks.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Well, okay, I'll let you stomp like a crybaby😭. And when you discover that you can't change the way things are, but rather how you react to them, perhaps we can interact again.
Be careful with the biased river that only harms you, huh?👻😵😂

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You need to get back on your meds
Well, okay, I'll let you stomp like a crybaby😭. And when you discover that you can't change the way things are, but rather how you react to them, perhaps we can interact again.
Be careful with the biased river that only harms you, huh?👻😵😂