River

J

junrich40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have you caught your card on the river? Or does it work for you most times? It dont for me

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In rare cases, I had to catch my hand on the river. Much less than on the flop or turn. If the turn can still be hit cheaply, then the river gets expensive in most cases and the chances of getting something on the river are small.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
About the same percentage of the time I catch it on the turn.

Because math.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many times have you caught your card on the river? Or does it work for you most times? It dont for me

Well, it really kinda depends on how you play the hand. If you've played an 87s and turn an open-ender w/a flush-draw, as well, then you've got plenty of outs. If you flop a set and are hoping to beat a straight on the river by pairing the board or making quads then your outs are slightly lower. If you're straight-up racing in a flip situation then you're grasping at straws. Trying not to get into those situations is the main key, here, but hey that's where the action is, right?
Don't get me wrong, here. I play for the river as much as the next average grinder but I try to make it to where the odds are in my favor. GL.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on how we play our hand if we are dealt a cooler, for example KK vs AA and on the river we got K then this is pure luck) and if we get an all-in from the opponent on the turn and we have a nut flush draw, overcards and good pot odds then math comes to the fore

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so, but I don't think so often. I mostly use Flash. It all depends on the opponent's bet. If it's not a call, then I don't play.