Really turned my game around

R

RiverDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Amazing what a few YT videos can do for your mindset. I fell victim to the online poker is rigged tilt trap for far too long.. I knew I had a good poker mind, but tilt has always been a heavy downfall for me.. And the bad beats online doesn't help. I found myself making so many bad plays not really giving af at some points I was so tilted.

I've since sat back and wanted to really get back to the basics, so I went to YouTube and watched 2-3 videos to get my mind sharp and went to work.. That was 3 days ago (after months without making a final table). In the 3 days I have played about 20ish MTTs and final tabled 5 of them. Finishing 4th, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 4th.. The last game I was 2nd in chips and chip leader was literally shoving everything, and I looked down at AKo, and called his jam. He showed 42o and won (GROSS!).. That would have been b2b #1 placements, and 3 out of 6 if my AKo held up!

I'm attaching my sharkscope profit graph and my last 6 tournaments. It could just be a crazy run good, but I have been hit with a few rough beats in these MTTs and bounced back, so I feel I have learned to combat tilt.. That last game was a 1R1A.. I had KK get shoved on a Q high flop, I called and he showed Q8o, and hit 8 on river.. I rebuy, get TT, hit set on flop, bet, buddy shoves, I call, and he flopped a set of KS.. Had like 7BB left and battled to the add on phase, and then managed to finish 4th (so close to 1st).. Really hope this is the beginning of a profitable poker journey!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231012_042853_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231012_042853_Chrome.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20231012_011813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231012_011813_Chrome.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 38
Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Sounds very good man! This might be a turnaround in your poker life ;-) - @which platform do you play?

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've since sat back and wanted to really get back to the basics, so I went to YouTube and watched 2-3 videos to get my mind sharp and went to work.
Great work.

Now it would be much greater which of those thousands of poker videos gave such a mental push.

It would be great if you can watch your YouTube history and post the links to those mind changing videos.

Go on with your great work.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is nice to see another convert From believing in "Rigged" poker sites, To a player who has discovered the Truth about "Variance" and "Tilt".
Once you can realise the difference and plug your own leaks in playing Poker, it all comes together and you can start to be a winner.
Personally I feel these players who are always complaining about Crooked or Rigged sites, are like the "Flat Earthers" who believe that the Establishments are against you, telling you lies about the Earth being a Sphere, only to have control over the masses.

Oh Dear! Have I opened another can of Worms? (Tee Hee!):):)

R

RiverDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Great work.

Now it would be much greater which of those thousands of poker videos gave such a mental push.

It would be great if you can watch your YouTube history and post the links to those mind changing videos.

Go on with your great work.

Watch his videos

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Watch his videos
Thank you. I'll definitely watch these videos because I get really angry and nervous when I play poker from time to time. I also read the book to try to control my emotions and it helped me a lot.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"See, these are great results and a problem solved. ✌️😀 I didn't so much filter as I started watching breakdowns of different players' moves because the game wasn't going well - and after a week of early eliminations, yesterday I was one step away from the prize zone. And for me, that's a good plus. Good luck to you! 😜💪.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mindset is so much more valuable than many players admit. Congrats on working on this part of your game and you good run. One bit of advice. the run your on is really sick but not sustainable. I do believe you made a big turn in your game with this but reality will be a real test when it slows down and turn on you.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yep, a mental game, being well rested and having a game plan - gives you the best chance to playing every hand well and staying cool through the variance.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jared Tendler's books " The mental Game of Poker" Vol 1-2 are a great resource for understanding and then developing strategies for a strong poker mindset- They really address the issue of preparing for the triggers that lead to tilt not just how to deny tilt-impossible- or fix tilt -impossible in the moment--after it happens.

:unsure::geek:

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats! Way to stick with it by stepping away, learning then coming back refreshed with a winning mentality. I had something similar happen to me but with much smaller winning haha

R

RiverDeezNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Mindset is so much more valuable than many players admit. Congrats on working on this part of your game and you good run. One bit of advice. the run your on is really sick but not sustainable. I do believe you made a big turn in your game with this but reality will be a real test when it slows down and turn on you.
Yea I knew I'd eventually hit a wall. Been very up and down since this post but still not a major down spiral. Always seem to work my way back to the same mark before crashing a bit.. Feel like I still turn into my old fishy self in important spots. If I can clean that up I feel I can really break through the profit charts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231107_194630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231107_194630_Chrome.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 2
Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It looks really good, I hope you have a wonderful career.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have had good results watching videos too. In my case I see more on Twitch. I started watching there after that wonderful series on ACR... lol.
It's important to see great players playing. You learn a lot.

Top 10 Games