hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Has anyone ever had problems with a lack of electricity or internet outage near the bubble or in the bubble. I already had a problem with electricity close to the bubble, when it came back 3 hours later it had not been able to enter the bubble, Wednesday 04/20/022 it was the internet's turn, which came back only the next day, but it was already in the bubble, I finished in ninth, seventeen won

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Greetings friend, I understand you perfectly, I am from Venezuela and here power outages are the daily bread...it happened to me on many occasions...but thanks to the poker winnings I was able to buy a power plant... :D

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I had this more than once, it was a problem with both electricity and the Internet. But since I play at the micros I'm not too upset. Of course, if I switch to at least medium stakes, then I will make myself several options for connecting to the Internet, and I will set myself an option for a backup source of electricity. And yes, I will leave the country.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Has anyone ever had problems with a lack of electricity or internet outage near the bubble or in the bubble. I already had a problem with electricity close to the bubble, when it came back 3 hours later it had not been able to enter the bubble, Wednesday 04/20/022 it was the internet's turn, which came back only the next day, but it was already in the bubble, I finished in ninth, seventeen won

In the region where I live, we have always had problems with internet and electricity, especially in the summer when there are a lot of lightning storms. But the big problem was the internet that kept dropping, but now everything has changed because I changed my internet to fiber optic and it improved 100%. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never on a bubble for me. Once when my 2P improved to a FH and I checked hoping to see action and off goes the internet to eventually come back to me sitting out and forfeiting the hand. I was NOT happy!!!!

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just today it happened I was able to fix it but it took my 20 minutes to get back on. I was past the bubble faily deep, the blinds were huge 3k6k and I was short stacked. Got back on and went all in within 4 hands and out I went with AJ suited

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Power problems are defiantly inconvenient but are a rare occurrence in my area but internet issues that come and go are a challenge at times. Timing seems to be the worse part of it.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think every player has had this situation at least once in his life. In such cases, I always use my smartphone or tablet. It's certainly inconvenient but it solves the problem.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're lucky that it even happened. At least you won some kind of prize. And I did not manage to get into the prizes when the light was turned off. Although it was close and the time was spent 3 hours.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just remember, it's usually a local problem & if you can't upgrade to fix your problem, be aware it can occur & don't compound the problem by letting it tilt you.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have problems with the Internet connection, I continue to play on the laptop using the mobile Internet. And although mobile internet connection is quite slow, but in such emergencies it is the best solution.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello guys) if you play more or less regularly, then try to have some kind of Internet backup (for example, from your phone) the problem with disconnection is of course very unpleasant, especially if you have already gone far in the tournament

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This may seem obvious but if you are going to use a UPS uninterruptible power supply then you should put your modem and computer on it.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Oh, yes! It is very painful when the monitor screen goes out at the most crucial moment. When the home Internet disappears, I solve this issue quickly by connecting to the Internet from my smartphone. With the loss of electricity is more difficult, since I have not changed the batteries of my laptop for a long time. I'm thinking of buying an exercise bike to generate electricity at a crucial moment.:D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If power or internet goes off , for PS or Bwin I can play on mobile , but for ACR unfortunately it's out of my hand . Basically most of the times it's problem with the WiFi , after some minutes it's auto fixed , I lose some hands . If I use the cable this doesn't happen , only very rarely .

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I am from Poland and I have never had a problem with the lack of electricity. However, I have had problems with the internet a few times and this is very annoying. Higher stakes tournament players protect themselves by paying for two ISPs and owning UPS. Another emergency solution may also be to make your phone a hot spot.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This may seem obvious but if you are going to use a UPS uninterruptible power supply then you should put your modem and computer on it.
Yes the UPS is essential. I've found that with just the router plugged in I can get up to 6 hours on a unit designed for 3 hours as the newer routers are way more electrically efficient.

An inverter and extension cord for powering the phone and or computer can be run from the car when the battery is getting low.

Also dimming the screen and lowering the volume as soon as the power fails makes it last longer.

And finally you may need a data plan and hot spot if the internet goes down with everything else.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah..this really sucks when it happens, especially when you're in a big MTT or high(er) stakes game when you're in a great spot but you've been disconnected or the power goes out.
The power is an easy fix and the prior posters provided an inexpensive solution. The internet connectivity loss is special..there is a site or two that lists spotty service, downed servers...etc... So when you have thousands of $$ at risk, source alternative "fail-safe" internet connections AND TEST THEM! If the situation happens again and I'm sure it will if your're good player, you'll be glad you did..and if you think something fishy happened, PT4 can record the entire game for you so you can submit the circumstances as they happened.;)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already had problems with both electricity and internet, but fortunately it happened only a few times and never happened in a important cash game or MTT's moment.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very rare for either to happen where i stay. Only just a few months ago, we had a power outage due to a storm damage, i don't ever remember before for at least 20 years that electric has gone off. I have fibre optic, broadband, and never had any problems with it. I guess i'm quite fortunate, if anything, i have problems with the poker client messing about trying to connect, but only for a few minutes at worst.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Yes, there were cases when the Internet and electricity crashed, but I play tournaments with a maximum buy-in of $10. Fortunately, there is mobile Internet. Insured many times.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what is more frustrating but what is more frustrating but what lack of energy is worse
can you find yourself on the internet today you will still be able to router your cell phone account or if you are without this option at least you have the energy to attend a television program or a film